My NYX Doll Eyes (1st FOTD)

pyxystixx

I decided to purchase some NYX products and test them out. They were so cheap that it was worth the risk. Anyways, I have to say that I loved them. The colors were vibrant and lasted til I washed my face.

*Note: I believe this is my first FOTD...strictly out of pure laziness.

Products used:
Eyes
*UDPP
*NYX eyeshadows in Pearl White, Charcoal & Black
*The Makeup Store silver on inner corners
*MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
*Maybeline Blackest Black Mascara
*Benefit Brow set in dark

Face

*Benefit Rebel
*MAC Studio Fix NC40
*MAC Fleur Power Blush
*Smashbox highligher

(I forgot what I used on my lips but it was a random liner and gloss)

And I'm not mad...I just don't like cheezin in pics.

DSC03890.jpg

DSC03888.jpg

DSC03886.jpg

DSC03896.jpg

pyxystixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee
Your photo convinced me to try NYX products!

I promise, they are good...at least these 3 I chose. Hey makeup is makeup and if it's good quality, why not pay less. That means more makeup in your stash!

Andrya

This is so beautiful! I love black and white looks, and this one is beautifully well-done.

I'm glad to hear about the NYX shadows as I just bought a handful of them from someone on LiveJournal! Impatiently waiting for them to get to me. I totally agree with "Makeup is makeup and if it's good quality why not pay less?" I think sometimes people don't appreciate makeup unless it's ultra high-end, but really a beautiful look can be created with an $0.88 pigment or an $18 one, and so on.

smellyocheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyxystixx
I promise, they are good...at least these 3 I chose. Hey makeup is makeup and if it's good quality, why not pay less. That means more makeup in your stash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrya
This is so beautiful! I love black and white looks, and this one is beautifully well-done.

I'm glad to hear about the NYX shadows as I just bought a handful of them from someone on LiveJournal! Impatiently waiting for them to get to me. I totally agree with "Makeup is makeup and if it's good quality why not pay less?" I think sometimes people don't appreciate makeup unless it's ultra high-end, but really a beautiful look can be created with an $0.88 pigment or an $18 one, and so on.

first off, great job with the make up.

and, both of you are so right! make-up doesn't have to be expensive for it to look good or be of good quality. I'm a sucker for cheap make-up. We're talking 5 MYR (or 1.53 USD) for a mascara! most make-up are marked up by 300-600%. you're paying a lot for packaging, advertisements, etc. but then again, for make-up lovers, the price doesn't matter when love comes first
th_dunno.gif
so I have everything from cheap unknown brands to counter ones. meh

pyxystixx

Oh and just to add...please notice that I am also using Maybelline mascara...also not an expensive brand. I've tried a lot of mascara's...some very pricey and none seem to please me like this one. I like big ol' lashes that look fake so I love love love this mascara. I think it's less that $5. I am waiting to receive the NYX mascara ($8), since I've heard so many good things. I will post pics once I get it and compare it with my Maybelline Blackest Black Mascara.

BTW, thanks for all of the comments...I appreciate it. I tend to doubt my abilities, so I think I am going to start posting more, that way I get feedback. I've learned sooooo much on Specktra, so now it's time to put all that to use!

pyxystixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mena22787
very pretty! u have great skin, and ur hair's very pretty too!

Awww thanks! I tried to switch to like a red undertone and it wasn't doing it for me so I went back to black and I ain't going back!!! LOL