my own stash and storage

nursie

i'm posting this first to possibly inspire any other collectors of makeup on ways to store it all, and secondly to hold myself accountable in pictures of the amount of makeup i have hoarded, hopefully before i buy anything new i can at least look back at this pics and maaaayybe resist another purchase.

my home is small so i've always been very organized, and i rather like putting things in their place (i am the only one in the family like this however
angry.gif
)

so here we go:

jewelery armoire (from target), but i keep makeup in it, its tall and slender and fits just between the sink vanity and the bathtub in my very tiny bathroom:
PICT0007-4.jpg

brushes need cleaning...someday:
PICT0006-5.jpg

top drawer of the sink vanity (about 10 years ago, ALL my makeup fit in just this little drawer
tong.gif
):
PICT0008-6.jpg

next are the pics of the drawers of the tall jewelry armoire, top to bottom:
stuff i use every day in the top drawer:
PICT0009-4.jpg

lipsticks and way too many mascaras:
PICT0010-3.jpg

variety of eyeshadows:
PICT0011-2.jpg

more lipsticks
cutey.gif

PICT0012-2.jpg

some e/s pallettes:
PICT0013-1.jpg

fluidlines and other eye stuff:
PICT0014-1.jpg

more eyeshadow and toofaced quickies:
PICT0015-2.jpg

nursie

.......but that wasnt all.........

perfumes....this is too many years to count worth:

PICT0003-4.jpg

PICT0024-1.jpg

nursie

ummm...but there's more....

there was makeup overflow, and i had it crammed in hatboxes and a traincase. but with it smushed away and not readily visible i never used much of it. soooo, i bought this jewelry armoire from pier 1 imports and its in the other available space in my bathroom.....sigh, now, i really do have a chance to actually possibly eventually use everything at least once a year.

armoire #2 closed:
PICT0016-2.jpg

top open, milani and mac eyeshadows:
PICT0017-1.jpg

PICT0018.jpg

nyx,ulta,etc eyeshadows in the next drawer:
PICT0019-2.jpg

lipglasses and slimshines,a few other lipstuff:
PICT0020-1.jpg

blushes,beauty powder/bronzer compacts:
PICT0021-1.jpg

more foundation, my skin seems to change so much im always using a different kind:
PICT0022.jpg

bottom drawer, makeup bags, the plastic container contains miscellaneous makeup, mostly more eyeshadow:
PICT0023.jpg

smiles.gif
thanks for looking!

nursie

smiles.gif
i suck at picture taking....but here's the last, this is ummm, the jewelry armoire that actually holds jewelry in my bedroom, just outside of the bathroom of makeup...when i have time (rarely), i sit here to put on my makeup
PICT0001-2.jpg

an overflow of junk jewlery necklaces (love them!) hang on a tie rack:
PICT0002-1.jpg

and this last thing (a desk organizer) in the bedroom holds all my eye and lip pencils:
PICT0005-1.jpg

NOW, im done
smiles.gif

melliquor

Love it. You love perfumes just like I do. I will need to look into getting a jewelry armoire as well.

smellyocheese

oh my goodness... someone please bring me a bucket I'm drooling like crazy! I would love to go to your house some day. It'd be like a kid going into a candy store.......*Dreams*

YvetteJeannine

I noticed you had CARGO foundation...I've been looking at some of their face products..Can you tell me how you like it..How would you rate it on a 1-10 scale (10 being the best)?

Also, are you able to tell where you got that vanity? I am now looking at vanities, and I like that one...The ones I see most at the stores are cheap and flimsy looking. I have looked at a few in antique shops, but many of them are really big, old vanities (I love them, but they're just TOO big!)..and then, others are scratched, dented, etc. Yours looks juuuust right..It'd be a help if you could say where you purchased it!! Thanks. GREAT set-up, btw!!!!
smiles.gif

nursie

thank you everybody
smiles.gif

the vanity i've had about 10 years....it was from a local furniture store (Rhodes furniture, it was a national chain but i believe they've all gone out of business).....but i think more recently i have seen similar at JC Penney

i've only tried that one Cargo foundation, and its a 'liquid powder' forumla, its really nice for days when i just want very very light coverage but enough to still even out my skin....it feels rather like smashbox primer, but yet provides coverage, its nice!

back to vanities though....if i had enough money at the moment, i'd get this one from Pier 1 Import store, it looks so awesome, but i just cant imagine how smudged with fingerprints and makeup it would become (its hard to see from the pic on their website, but the WHOLE thing is mirrored, legs and all), but it really looked great when i saw it in the store:
Pier 1 Imports - Product Groups

jenjunsan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursie
ummm...but there's more....

there was makeup overflow, and i had it crammed in hatboxes and a traincase. but with it smushed away and not readily visible i never used much of it. soooo, i bought this jewelry armoire from pier 1 imports and its in the other available space in my bathroom.....sigh, now, i really do have a chance to actually possibly eventually use everything at least once a year.

armoire #2 closed:
PICT0016-2.jpg

top open, milani and mac eyeshadows:
PICT0017-1.jpg

PICT0018.jpg

nyx,ulta,etc eyeshadows in the next drawer:
PICT0019-2.jpg

lipglasses and slimshines,a few other lipstuff:
PICT0020-1.jpg

blushes,beauty powder/bronzer compacts:
PICT0021-1.jpg

more foundation, my skin seems to change so much im always using a different kind:
PICT0022.jpg

bottom drawer, makeup bags, the plastic container contains miscellaneous makeup, mostly more eyeshadow:
PICT0023.jpg

smiles.gif
thanks for looking!

If you don't mind me asking, did you purchase this at Pier 1 recently and about how much did it cost? I love it!