My "Quad of Shame" :/

Catherine^

I have two pallettes that I have made up myself - a 15 pan and a quad. Tonight when I was cleaning the palette up I decided to reorganise it and remove the 4 shadows I like the least and put them in the quad instead. Hence I came up with "My Quad of Shame"

And here it is ladies and gentlemen:

*Velour (from a Naturally Eccentric quad that I split up)
*Contrast (Never ceases to disappoint me)
*Sprout (For some reason this has become EXCEPTIONALLY difficult to pick up on the brush)
*Idol Eyes (Nearly turned me off MAC products all together).

I might just add that shadows retail for $32AUD here in Australia which means these have been expensive mistakes!!!

Does anybody else have a quad of shame that they just wish would mysteriously vanish and then reappear stocked with something ANYTHING else? I'd be interested to hear that makes yours up
winks.gif

Seeya!

Catherine.

ledonatella

Yeah, sorta...I keep moving Paradisco, Rio de Rosa, and Nocturnelle out of my 15 pans because they are close to others I have but not pretty enough for me. I love the way Paradisco looks in the pan but it's blah on me, R.D.R. is also very dull and hard to get on the brush, I have to dig at it, and I just don't like Nocturnelle very much compared to a purple like Parfair Amour.

Chic 2k6

don't have one lol, i dont even have an empty quads in which by the way can you get them in MAC stores like freestanding types? if so, how much are they in GBP?? thankies!!

pumpkincat210

least used..
idol eyes- i have totally given up on this one. it sucks on me.
Paradisco- Hardly shows up one me.
Vex- boring on..although its a duochrome..
Mystical Mist- I don't like the grey in it or the way it blends.

dollbabybex

most of those are my favourite colours...
humid, fresh water, sprout, black tied, contrast...

do i have bad eyeshadow taste?!!
ssad.gif

my least favourites i own are...

stomp (eurgh!)
Orange
Crimsonette
purple

Cyn

Forgery - total useless glitter
Felt Blue - scary on my eyes and I don't like the texture
Chrome Yellow - looks yellow-green on my eyes, almost bruised
Beauty Marked - It was a three-way tie in my brain with Sweet Lust and Swiss Chocolate just sitting there looking at me.

Juneplum

lol!!! "quad of shame"
rofl.gif
so far *knocks on wood* i haven't made up a bad one yet, but i must agree about idol eyes
throwup.gif

dollbabybex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chic 2k6
don't have one lol, i dont even have an empty quads in which by the way can you get them in MAC stores like freestanding types? if so, how much are they in GBP?? thankies!!

£6 in free standing stores for a 4 quad x

sarzio

I don't have one yet... Steamy is definately kindof difficult to work with and get a good colour but I still really like this colour... When you mix it with overgrown the blended part almost looks like juxt.

SugarAsh182

I call it my reject quad lol! I always mean to rotate them in, but I never do! It contains:

Idol Eyes
Beauty Marked
Parfait Amour
Trax

.... strangely, all purples lol! So they look cute in the quad, just not on me! Idol Eyes and Parfait Amour have bad textures, Trax and Beauty Marked make me look bruised
ssad.gif

Tonitra

Hmm, I guess mine would consist of greensmoke, knight divine (sorry to everyone who loves it, but i never seem to use it!), plum dressing (looks odd on me), and petalescent (seems chalk-y on me, and I never use it).

ramonesbrat

I usually swap away things that I dislike, but if I DID have one it would definitely include:

Paradisco
Melton Mauve
MINK PINK and SAMOA SILK- which in my opinion are two of the worst MAC shadows of all time

aurelhard

Arena ~ I don't like having to work to get a good colour pay-off. Not keen on the Satin texture in general, actually. But I've used it as a blush for a sheer peach glow.
Hepcat ~ as above. And the shade makes me look ill and wan!
Pink Freeze ~ much too cool and frosty for my skintone, even just wearing it on the inner corner makes me look tawdry. I only use it as a cheek highlighter now.
Fiction ~ I prefer Greensmoke to this, I think it's prettier and more 'alive' than Fiction.

oh.gif
Gosh, we're all so different... I love Contrast and Humid and Steamy...

Corvs Queen

Beauty Marked-Too dark for me.
Parfait Amour- I really hate how this just blends with whatever other color
I have on and makes it look like one color.
Honesty-Makes me look super tired and sick. Like my eyes are sunken in.
Velour from Inventive Eyes Quad- What the fudge is up with that color?
Does it look good on anyone?