My rescue lab...Abby!

Henna

She's 2 y/o. We got her from the shelter in May. She's a treat and a challenge, but we're working together and are making a happy home
smiles.gif

http://public.fotki.com/JulesBoDean/abby

user4

awwwwwww... she is sooo freaking cute!!!!!!! i love the first pic!!!

i think its great to get dogs from rescue shelters because they all get killed eventually if nobody adopts them... both my dogs were adopted from shelters and they are just the cutest things ever!!!

Henna

Thanks everybuddy! They told us if we hadn't rescued Abby, they were going to place her in a foster home. Seems a shame they said, that they picked her up as a stray. She either got out of a yard or was lost another way, but they think she was very well taken care of before she was picked up. She was obviously in very good shape, weighed 59 lbs. (we could see her spine poor baby!), and no other injuries. Since May she's packed on 20 lbs. and is very grateful every day w/kisses. That's the part I enjoy. She gets plenty of tummy rubs in return
smiles.gif

Isis

What a cutie!
I'm a big fan of adoption. We've had 2 rescues so far in our house, both German shep mixes. And we just got the latest one last month. He's such a sweety & quite a goofball. It's hard to believe he had been abandond and in the shelter for nearlly a month before I got him. Puck was pretty thin too, but has put on some weight since thank goodness. He's now addicted to his 3(!) purple squeeky balls and car rides.

Latest posts