My Rubenesque Paint Pot is moulding...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xqueeze_me

Rubenesque is my first paint pot.. The last time I used it was 1+ months ago.

Then today I had a look... its molding! :/ I tried wiping them off but no go...

Does that happen to just me or is there someone out there who's got the same problem?

SMMY

I wouldn't use it. How long have you had it? If less than six months, I'd get a hold of MAC and let them know. They should have some preservatives in them to prevent them from going bad for at least six months, depending on use and storage conditions.

Melly44

Id get ahold of mac aswell.. you don't think after 1 month you've had it , it would be moulding id be kinda peed.

Xqueeze_me

I've already thrown it away.. an hour ago. It's all good. I've only used it twice anyway and I found that Melon pigment is a good substitute.

I actually bought it from a Specktrette here.

I rarely use make-up anyway so it's not a huge loss!

karinaf

ugh sick. even if you threw it out i'd still tell mac. maybe they'll have a product recall, lol

lsperry

Ugghhh! This is not good. You made me run to look at my PPs...mine are okay.

They've only been out for only 6 mos (July '07)? Right?!! I was hoping they had the same shelf-life as the paints and fluidline....

gigglegirl

fish it out of the garbage and use it for B2M!!!

I have 5 pps and have nothing like that at all.

Do you store your makeup in the bathroom?

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
B2M it.

Dang! Should have asked before I threw it away. I have no interest in digging through the big trash bin though. haha It stinkas!

I don't know.. maybe its because of the weather as well? It gets too hot here or something. Its little moulds, just a few scattered dots but I still won't use them even if the remaining PP is OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
Do you store your makeup in the bathroom?

No, I don't. I store it in a container in the drawer in my bedroom. Would dust and heat affect the PP? :/ Oh well!

PS: Thanks for the replies and I'm glad all your PPs are in good condition!

BeautyPsycho

I have two and don't use them often at all... and nothing like that happened...
th_dunno.gif
that is weird

courters

Have you been finding mold in other parts of your house? If so, some spores just probably got in there last time you used it.

My husband and I used to live in this apartment where we couldn't even have curtains up, because mold would grow behind them - it was always soooo damp in there, the windows would fog up in winter and everything. Ugh.

c00ki312

what do u mean by mould? is it green? ive never heard anything like it. either tell mac about it or maybe its a collective of germs since u bought it from another person...

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by courters
Have you been finding mold in other parts of your house? If so, some spores just probably got in there last time you used it.

Maybe it's that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by c00ki312
what do u mean by mould? is it green? ive never heard anything like it. either tell mac about it or maybe its a collective of germs since u bought it from another person...

It kinda like dark khaki green. Maybe its that "collective of germs"..

Oh well!

ZoeFerret

Sorry to say but that's kinda gross. I have never had any of my MU get moldy. I think you have a bad one. Have you contacted MAC to see what they have to say about this? Even though you threw it away they may send you out a replacement. This really shouldn't be happening.

Regalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeFerret
I think you have a bad one. Have you contacted MAC to see what they have to say about this? Even though you threw it away they may send you out a replacement. This really shouldn't be happening.

Definitely agree =/ I have four PP's, all of which live in my bathroom ( I know, bad idea D: ) and all of them are fine. I'd still go through the trash bag to get it out, just... wear gloves? Aha.

Status
Not open for further replies.