My second FOTD

fishchick72

Ok, here's what I did this morning & it turned out better than I expected, pretty good for my first try at this I think.............for some reason (the lighting or the camera) you can't see all of the chrome yellow, especially on my right eye, but I put chrome yellow on the inner half of the lid, & up along the crease, put cork on the outer half of the lid, highlighted with ricepaper, & lined with brun.

bbb.jpg

again, constructive criticism is very much appreciated............

Jessica

The overall concept is good. You did a great job. The only thing that I might have done differently would be to set the shadows with a paint first (i.e. bare canvas). That way the colors don't shift or fade as the day progresses. THen packed chrome yellow on the inner 2/3 of the lid, blended cork from the middle of the lid to the outside, then put a slightly darker brown in the outer V and crease to define your eye. Possibly even pulled that darker color ever so slightly down on approx 1/3 on the outside of your lower lid. I probably would not have used chrome yellow in the crease, simply because a color that vibrant can distract from the rest of your eye/MU. HTH
smiles.gif

fishchick72

thanks, but just wanted to add that I do use a base by Ultima II, it's a neutral color much like bare canvas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica
The overall concept is good. You did a great job. The only thing that I might have done differently would be to set the shadows with a paint first (i.e. bare canvas). That way the colors don't shift or fade as the day progresses. THen packed chrome yellow on the inner 2/3 of the lid, blended cork from the middle of the lid to the outside, then put a slightly darker brown in the outer V and crease to define your eye. Possibly even pulled that darker color ever so slightly down on approx 1/3 on the outside of your lower lid. I probably would not have used chrome yellow in the crease, simply because a color that vibrant can distract from the rest of your eye/MU. HTH
smiles.gif

fishchick72

I forgot to add that I was wearing a yellow turtleneck with this today & they really looked great together.