My Self-Made Brush Roll!

newagetomatoz

Hi! So after I really started getting into brushes, I quickly outgrew my little glass that I put them in. And I fell in love with the idea of a brush roll!

So I spent New Years day in a mother-daughter bonding activity with my mom and we came up with this!
yahoo.gif
She figured out the construction and pressed the material and I did all the sewing. I swear, not even when I was working at a drycleaners did I get poked with so many pins!

Anyhoo, here is the finished roll!! It has about 60 spaces, four rows of elastic bands, and took about $17 worth of materials and 5 1/2 hours of quality time with my mom. HeeHee, I am such a dork sometimes.

And sorry about my carpet, I know I need to vacuum it!

Outside of the roll:
P1010002.jpg

Empty inside:
P1010003-1.jpg

Full inside:
P1010004.jpg

All rolled up:
P1010005-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!
th_DANCE.gif

redambition

i love it! the blue material is gorgeous.

I might have to do this when i have some time off work.... *plot*

newagetomatoz

Oh thank you! I actually got the material at my Jo-Anns. It was on clearance for $4/yard, then an additional 50% off! There was no way I could pass it up!

geeko

that's really cool and creative of you. Enjoy your gorgeous, one of a kind brush roll!

meiming

wowo that's so pretty, i love the material! That's really cool that you had the patience to do this

Briar

That is wonderful! I'm really impressed, and your fabric is gorgeous (so are the buttons).

AliceMaryS

Oh my goodness, that's absolutely beautiful!!! Love the creativity, I bet you could never find something like that at any old makeup store. Wonderful job =] You should make a business out of it haha

mustardgirl

agree with basically all the other comments
winkiss.gif
love the fabric choice and the clasps to close the roll are great!

Latest posts