My skin is soooooooo picky! Confessions of an oil slick...

f!erce

Good morning Specktralites! I have a dilemma - I LOVE LOVE LOVE MAC MSF, the color is beautiful on my skin but after a few hours I look like an oil slick
thmbdn.gif
I have tried using it with blot powder, the MUFE HD powder, nothing helps. I also tried MUFE Matte Velvet +, same reaction, and also MAC concealer, ok the exact name escapes me right now, but its the one in the little pot. I use that to cover dark spots and then cover with powder, by the end of the day it has spread and again, the oil slick look.

What I seek is full coverage for my dark spots, not necessarily on my whole face cause I like the more natural look and I like for my face to be matte, I cant do dewy, dont like it on me. Since baby girl got here my face has been on a warpath (I wish I couldve kept my pregnant skin *sigh*), anywho, Im rambling...

My next stop on the makeup journey is Studio Tech but if anyone has any suggestions I am open!

Thanks in advance!

PS-hope this is in the right place but if not the Specktra Powers That Be can scold me, I dont mind. Thanks!
yes.gif

Kiseki

Kevyn Aucoin's Sensual Skin Enhancer as a concealer and it's versatile you can mix it with primer or moisturizer to make your own foundation, have you tried Milk of Magnesia as a base?

makeba

i have an oily t zone and have found that if i dont use a primer prior to my foundation then my face does look like an oil slick. i use aloe vera gel after i cleanse my face, put on moisturizer under my eyes and around my mouth followed by smashbox face primer. i have found this routine before putting on my foundation works best. i recently discovered Chanel Teint Innocence foundation and its lovely on my skin and allows it to breath. i had used studio tech before and found the texture to heavy for summer but winter might work. Get you some aloe vera gel girl becuz it works. you can find the gel at wallgreens,cvs,rite aid in the skin care or first aid aisle. hth.

Heiaken

If you get oily definately try usin a primer and if you use a moisturiser get a mattyfying one. I get super oily on my T-zone and those have helped me loads.

enjoybeingagirl

I am having good luck with Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. The coverage is awesome and buildable. It truly stays on all day - I am very busy, running around, dripping in sweat occasionally (YUCK!) and it stays put. On my skin it is very drying so I believe it is good for oily skin. You could goto a counter and try it for a day to see how it works for you.

aimee

i got the oiliest skin possible and let me tell you studio tech is great for coverage but one hour later im oilier than before
the only foundation that doesnt slide off my face is Estee Lauders Double wear its heavy coverage but you could use it as a concealer i dont know if they have a perfect match for your skin tone though ...i would still have to blot but it doesnt slide off

other than that i use macs oil control lotion and my primer is macs matte....its the one in the small clear tube

this routine works for my very very oily skin.......i still get a shiny face but nothing that powder touch ups cant fix

Shaquille

try MAC satin finish foundation before using your MAC MSF.. try it in the store, walk around and come back if you think you should buy it
smiles.gif

emeraldjewels

I want to add the long list of people suggesting a primer before foundation. I use YSL Matte Touch. I works great on my really really oily skin.

kkischer04

I read above that you should try a mattifying foundation...what is a good brand? I have the same problem...

MzzRach

DermaDoctor's TeaseZone works really well for me at controlling oiliness - you can wear it under foundation or powder or both.

I have also heard many raves for the Make Up For Ever All Mat.

Simply Elegant

I'd suggest a powder foundation. For a primer, I'd use a powder too that has rice powder in it. So good at controlling shine. I have really oily skin too. Anything creamy or light reflecting would probably not be good for your skin.

Also, as far as skincare, make sure your face is moisturized just enough with something really light so your skin doesn't overcompensate for any dryness with extra oil.