My son just set up a myspace - hotties please say hi to him! LOL

DaisyDee

Make him the envy of all of his buds. Drop by his myspace and get all of his friends asking where he knows all the hot chicks from!
greengrin.gif

Nate's myspace

DaisyDee

I don't know why he set it to private... I guess he's still wary of myspace. He's shy.
smiles.gif

Thanks for trying to look though.
smiles.gif

MisStarrlight

It's private because if his age-anything under 16 (or maybe 14 or under, I don't know) automatically goes private. To see it, the person has to approve you as a friend.
MySpace has been getting a lot of bad press lately so they added that feature instead of having young kids lie about their ages & getting themselves in trouble.

You're definitelty a cool mom. Just make sure what he's doing on there-my cousin got her profile deleted (my sis & I ratted her out to her parents) for posing pics that a 13 year old should not be showing off, let alone posing for.

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
It's private because if his age-anything under 16 (or maybe 14 or under, I don't know) automatically goes private. To see it, the person has to approve you as a friend.
MySpace has been getting a lot of bad press lately so they added that feature instead of having young kids lie about their ages & getting themselves in trouble.

Oh that's right. I totally forgot about that!
My step brother had his profile deleted because he was 13. I think you have to be aleast 14 to join.

DD I'll send him a friend request.

DaisyDee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nessa

DD I'll send him a friend request.

Aww...that's sweet.
smiles.gif

Yep, he's 14 (he'll be 15 in August) - but he's very mature...and thank GOD he's a BRAIN/goody-goody and proud of being straight-laced. :::whew:::

let's hope it lasts!!

DaisyDee

Quote:

You're definitelty a cool mom. Just make sure what he's doing on there-my cousin got her profile deleted (my sis & I ratted her out to her parents) for posing pics that a 13 year old should not be showing off, let alone posing for.

Thanks so much for the heads up. I will ask him to let me peek in from time to time. He told me he already got one friend request that he had to turn down because it was a 14 y/o girl who talked about pot and sex and he just didn't want to "go there" as he put it.

Kinda sad what so many young people feel like they have to do to fit in/be cool-accepted...etc.

MisStarrlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyDee
Thanks so much for the heads up. I will ask him to let me peek in from time to time. He told me he already got one friend request that he had to turn down because it was a 14 y/o girl who talked about pot and sex and he just didn't want to "go there" as he put it.

Kinda sad what so many young people feel like they have to do to fit in/be cool-accepted...etc.

Wow. He's really mature. You must have raised him really well. Congrats!
What's your secret?

DaisyDee

Quote:
Wow. He's really mature. You must have raised him really well. Congrats!
What's your secret?

I don't know if I have a secret really. I just did the opposite of everything my parents did.
I figured I was a wild teenager who ended up out of control and on the streets really young...so obviously their way didn't work.

I spend lots of time with him...I know who his friends are I create a nice environment here in our home for them to hang out in...but I think most of all, I have always let him know that he didn't come with an instruction manual and I'm doing the best I can...so I think he realizes I am human and gives me some slack as a mom because of it! LOL

I'm thankful to God that I have a great son. His name, Nathan, is Hebrew for "gift"
smiles.gif

jess98765

Quote:
I don't know if I have a secret really. I just did the opposite of everything my parents did.
I figured I was a wild teenager who ended up out of control and on the streets really young...so obviously their way didn't work.

I spend lots of time with him...I know who his friends are I create a nice environment here in our home for them to hang out in...but I think most of all, I have always let him know that he didn't come with an instruction manual and I'm doing the best I can...so I think he realizes I am human and gives me some slack as a mom because of it! LOL

I'm thankful to God that I have a great son. His name, Nathan, is Hebrew for "gift"
smiles.gif

Well said daisy dee. you are one cool as mum! you are such great inspiration!
smiles.gif

DaisyDee

OK...Nate unlocked his myspace so all you babes can comment him now...go ahead, tell him how cute he is and make him blush! LOL
rofl.gif
He is SO SHY!
greengrin.gif

Vinyl Vapour

Quote:
OK...Nate unlocked his myspace so all you babes can comment him now...go ahead, tell him how cute he is and make him blush! LOL
rofl.gif
He is SO SHY!
greengrin.gif

Aww that is so sweet!

kaliraksha

Hehe I might finish up my account just so i can say hi and not look "make believe" since i only registered to be able to search for friends... otherwise i dont have much of a profile