my take on moisturegleam

xxyrbestbetxx

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS.

i know it was made for you body, but my MA said that it can be used on the face. it's a huge huge bottle (if you're using it for your face) and for only 17.50, it's super cheap. the gold shimmer also compliments the face really well.

it seems to be more shiny on your face than on your body, but in the sun, you get this perfect glow (on your body).

last night, i put a little too much on and it made my face look like this oil/grease machine with gold shimmer. so this morning i put a tiny bit on my tzone and the apple of my cheeks and WAHLA, the perfect glow.

i put select spf foundation over it and my face will still glowing. i don't know if i want to get a backup, because i'll only be using this on my face and it'll last a LONG time.

it's really similar to MAC's strobe cream, but the strobe cream is a little thicker and has a pink tint to it. the cream also absorbs into your skin a little quicker. with moisture gleam, you need to rub it in like lotion.

i put another moisturizer underneath the gleam, but i'm not sure you need that. right now, my skin is just really dry because of new medications.

for people who have realllly oily skin, i would suggest you get a sample first.

*Stargazer*

I put it on in a similar manner, on the apples of my cheeks and my under eye area. I put it on over my Face & Body and under my Studio Fix ( I need a lot of coverage) and I am glowing. I LOVE this.

My MA told me that they only got 12 in and she believes it is LE right now, but if it takes off, they might make it permanent.

leppy

Hated it, made me look like a greasey glitterball, and kind of burned my skin.

Juneplum

ditto! i freakin LOVE moisturegleam! since i have yellow undertones, strobe cream looks awful on me BUT moisturegleam had goldie tones so it looks GREAT on me! like ladybug said, u can't put on TOO much or u WILL look like a greased rat.. just a dab'll do ya!

thanks for the description, I was clueless about this
th_wink3.gif

MacLover

My MA gave me a sample of this today. I don't know if i'm going to like it. I am very oily in my T-Zone.

aquend

Just an FYI: This contains coconut oil and isn't intended for the face. That's why it's making so many people look oily. And if you're acne prone, prolonged use might cause break-outs

leppy

Grrr that really ticks me off, the girl in the live chat told me it was meant for face but COULD be used on the body!! They really need to educate the people that they expect to answer questions.

Kgal

I wish it was more like Strobe cream in texture. It kinda burned me too - ouch! Love the glow it gave when I tested it though!

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by leppy
Grrr that really ticks me off, the girl in the live chat told me it was meant for face but COULD be used on the body!! They really need to educate the people that they expect to answer questions.

It even says that you can use it on the face in the Update book!

moonrevel

This stuff doesn't really irritate my skin or make it too oily, but I've been sort of playing with it to find the best way to apply it, and even better than putting it on under or over my foundation, I actually mixed it into my foundation. I load up my 190 with enough Moistureblend for the whole face (instead of one swipe at a time like I usually do) and then mix it on my hand with a little bit of Moisturegleam, and it gives me a nice, glowy summer look.