My Vanity/Storage and Collection

JaiLeeP

I wouldn't say I have a large collection. I normally don't keep things I do not use. However, since I am looking into getting into the industry, I am sure it will grow for the variety I would need for clients. I use the Malm Dressing table and the Malm 6 drawer chest. The top of it opens like a lid and you can lay your jewelry out in there. I color coded my eyeshadows in the palettes as you can see by the tiny rhinestone colors. My pigments aren't very organized but I will soon be pressing them into pans for my palettes so they are just strewn about. I have a variety of brands but obviously my main one is MAC

ElvenEyes

Very nice and such a sleek setup! Congrats on thinking about getting into the beauty industry! It looks like you are a good organizer, which is going to help you in leaps and bounds as your collection grows...which it will rapidly!

spectrolite

Nice vanity area. The matching table and drawers look great. And I love the look of that mirror. If you don't mind me asking, what is the brand/model of it? :) I've been searching for one!

JaiLeeP

I purchased the mirror at Bed Bath and Beyond. Here is the link for the online store. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=15978899
That is the exact model I purchased. The best thing about it.. it has an outlet in the back of the base to plug something in. If you are a regular shopper at BBB.. use one of the coupons they send in the mail for 20% off one item. Hope that helps!! And thank you for the compliments =) I am an organizational freak sometimes. I can change the way the big drawer looks like once a day. lol

spectrolite

Thanks heaps for the info =) I'll try to find it on Ebay or somewhere else as I live outside of the USA. I went mirror hunting yesterday and there was NOTHING at all. I would ask in shops and they would show me pocket mirrors. Sometimes I swear Australia is a giant void hehe :)

JaiLeeP

Conair does have a website, but when I checked there this model wasn't there for some reason. They did have this one http://www.conair.com/oval-oiled-bronze-double-sided-illuminated-mirror-p-509-2_23_64.html

It is oval rather than round if you like that too. Don't think that this one has the plug though. And I do not think it has different settings. I hope you find it!
And FYI, Bed Bath and Beyond is just a store for all home emenities. I don't know if Australia has those types of stores, but if they do check em out!

sheisaclassic

Great setup, very nice and organized. Good luck on getting into the industry
thmbup.gif

lilysaville

Thanks heaps for the info =) I'll try to find it on Ebay or somewhere else as I live outside of the USA. I went mirror hunting yesterday and there was NOTHING at all. I would ask in shops and they would show me pocket mirrors. Sometimes I swear Australia is a giant void hehe :)
Oh God, tell me about it! No Urban Decay, MUFE is through one online reseller only... But I can't complain. I live 20km (12miles) from a PRO store, so I'm still pretty damn lucky :p

Great set-up you have! So sleek and pared-back. It'll be so easy to keep organised (hopefully). Good luck with getting into the industry!

JaiLeeP

Thanks for all the comments! I have actually changed everything! I will make myself a note to take pictures and show you all this weekend. Stay tuned!

vanilla_addict

very inspiring and i like the dark color of the vanity.. well done :D thank you for the tiny rhinestone idea! thats of big help and i would apply it asap!

JaiLeeP

Ok so I promised I would post up new pics. This is now my set up and studio where I do my makeup and clients as well. Hope you like!

KarmaB

I love this set up! I wish I had the extra space to do something similar. Great job!

JaiLeeP

I have seen the palette at Ulta and Sephora recently.. fully stocked. Check the websites!