Myth l/s- my lips look sooooo gross under this!!

JStarJStar

I really want to love my Myth l/s, but when I put it on, no matter how much lip balm I have on and exfoliating I have done, my lips look dry and scaly and awful....
ssad.gif

Any tips or tricks I am missing out on? I haven't tried Prep and Prime Lip-- is it worth it? Any other HG primers I should know about?

I appreciate all advice you can give-- I've never been a l/s wearer, but I want to wear this one!

OfficerJenny

Myth needs a gloss over it, otherwise you'll look like you haven't put on balm in about 80 years.
Try a nude pinky gloss, or even Underage looks great over it.

gildedangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerJenny
Myth needs a gloss over it, otherwise you'll look like you haven't put on balm in about 80 years.
Try a nude pinky gloss, or even Underage looks great over it.

I LOVE Underage over Myth! I completely agree, a gloss is key to wearing Myth, Underage is a great choice if you want your lips to stay about the same color, or you could even wear a bright lipglass like Little VI or any of the dazzleglasses. Myth tones down those bright colors into something wearable for everyday!

BunnyBunnyBunny

I love Myth, but you definitely need to experiment with it. It needs a balm, or gloss over it because it is so pale that it will show every flaw in your lip.

JStarJStar

Hey, just wanted to report back (finally)...

So, after much trepidation, I tried Myth again, this time with a gloss on top (I used Sugarrimmed dazzleglass) and it was MUCH MUCH BETTER.

I just got Underage in the friends and family sale, so I'll be trying that combo next.

Thanks for the advice!

LaGoddess

I apply a dab of Palmer's Cocoa butter(it's in a tub, it's clear and has the same type of texture as Vaseline, but better) it tastes really yummy and its good for ur lips. Cocoa Butter smooths them so nicely. Anyways lol then I apply Myth on top with a lip brush and it looks perfect!

It's also a fab lipstick under any shade of gloss, from brown to peach to lilac. You can really play with it and create pretty looks. I love it.

LGMakeup

One thing I like to do with Myth is make a gloss with it. To do this I use a CD as a palette and I rub the lipstick on the CD, add a drop of clear lipglass, mix together with a brush and apply. It looks really smooth and sheer that way!

EmilyIsElectric

I have the same problem with Myth, however I've recently discovered a technique that makes it work for me.
First, I put Myth on as you would with any lipstick, then I take my finger and pat over the lipstick, I put another layer of Myth on and pat it in again, then tap a sheer pink lipgloss over the top with my finger (I find if I use the aplicator it seems to look streaky)

:]

JStarJStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGoddess
I apply a dab of Palmer's Cocoa butter(it's in a tub, it's clear and has the same type of texture as Vaseline, but better) it tastes really yummy and its good for ur lips. Cocoa Butter smooths them so nicely. Anyways lol then I apply Myth on top with a lip brush and it looks perfect!

It's also a fab lipstick under any shade of gloss, from brown to peach to lilac. You can really play with it and create pretty looks. I love it.

Specktra won't let me thank you with the "thanks" button, so I'll say thanks here! Also, thanks everyone else for the tips!

I used Underage lipglass on top-- sooo pretty!
greengrin.gif
And I've sort of been doing the lip patting thing, but I haven't tried putting two layers like that, so I'll give that a shot!

makeba

i am happy it worked out for you. when i use revealing lipglass i have to pat my lips to smooth out the gloss otherwise i look wicked!

Pythia

I wear this lipstick every day. When you are brushing your teeth in the morning, gently brush your lips too. This cleans off all the dead skin and will make Myth look much better when it's on.

Cherrymint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythia
I wear this lipstick every day. When you are brushing your teeth in the morning, gently brush your lips too. This cleans off all the dead skin and will make Myth look much better when it's on.

Sooo true!! I use to "exfoliate" my lips this way and it works wonders!! but you have to make sure to use a soft toothbrush and not put tooo much pressure, otherwise it is really irritating and makes your lips super red, soar, and sensitive!! trust me...I know...
lol.gif
Another trick I personally use is that when I am in the shower and my lips are super moist from the warm water I gently rub off the excess skin with my finger until it's all gone! then after I get out I use alittle petrolium jelly to moisten them! good luck and hope this helps!!!
th_wink3.gif

HustleRose

i use smile dazzleglass over it and it looks good. i can't wear it alone because it makes me look like death.

emmemma

Same thing happens to me when i wear HUE.. it's such a lovely color but it's so hard to not look gross when i wear it.. my lips just look dry dry dry and chapped!

cmonster

when that happens I use something like rosebud salve under it (lip conditioner that's almost like a gloss). that way the lipstick would settle into the 'gloss' instead of your liplines

Fieeh

As said before, exfoliate your lips (toothbrush or sugar scrub), and use a lipbalm underneath, and if that doesn't do the trick, and lipgloss on top is great (I like Bodymind or Prr over Myth a lot)
smiles.gif

Marjolaine

I definitely agree that Myth needs a gloss. I discovered that myself after trying to wear Myth alone for some time and looking like a corpse :p Then I found out that it looks better with gloss on top :p Furthermore, it also needs a lip brush for a smoother application..