N/A

jpohrer

Re: Calling all MACxperts :OP - Smokey Eye Combos ...

I love the colors in the 2006 Smokey Eye palette! The permanent shades are Club, Satin Taupe, Vex, Black Tied, and Malt. Scene or Knight Divine can be used as a substitute for LE shade Gentle Fume. The colors work really well together!

Shadowy Lady

My facourite smokey eye is a comination of Tilt (inner corner), Freshwater (lid), Carbon (crease and outer corner) and Vanilla (highlight); so it's a blue smokey eye. You should give it a try
smiles.gif

Susanne

For green smokey eyes I use Humid, Swimming, Steamy and Pastorale pigment. Vanilla as highlighter.

For turquoise smokey eyes I use Parrot, Aquadisiac, Steamy and Teal pigment. Vanilla as highlighter.

MEGCLARE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpohrer
I love the colors in the 2006 Smokey Eye palette! The permanent shades are Club, Satin Taupe, Vex, Black Tied, and Malt. Scene or Knight Divine can be used as a substitute for LE shade Gentle Fume. The colors work really well together!

In those 5 colors
how do you place them?
I never thought of using Malt in a smokey eye

jpohrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGCLARE
In those 5 colors
how do you place them?
I never thought of using Malt in a smokey eye

Malt makes a great crease color! If you are near a MAC store or counter, ask a MA to explain the Prime Look to you. When you do your eyes, first do a primer like Bare Canvas. Next, you pick a color close to your skin tone to put in your crease with a 217, 222 or 224. This color brings out your bone structure, and you will blend your lid color up into the prime color, and your brow color will blend down into the prime color. I am an NW15, so I use Malt, Wedge or Saddle as prime colors. Then, you put a matte neutral under the brow, like Orb or Vanilla. You will lay your highlight color on top of Vanilla. Then, do your lid, crease and brow colors.

Here is my favorite way to wear those colors, inspired by Carrie Underwood:

Bare Canvas lid to brow
Malt in crease with 217
Vanilla on browbone
Satin Taupe inner half lid blended into Malt
Gentle Fume outer half lid blended into Malt
Vex on browbone on top of Vanilla
Black Tied as contour blended into Malt and liner for upper lashes on top of Smolder
Gentle Fume as liner for lower lashes applied on top of Phone Number

Here is another way:
Club on lid
Malt in crease
Vex on browbone
Black Tied as contour and liner on upper lashes over Smolder
Satin Taupe or Gentle Fume as lower lash liner

Malt lid
Vex browbone
Satin Taupe crease
Club outer V

glam8babe

i mostly use the smoking eyes quad from smoke signals

Brittni

I think smokey green eyes would be hot with your eye color. A darker green on the outside and something like Juxt on the inside. Basically, smokey eyes are hot no matter what so it's really fun just to experiment with different shades.
smiles.gif

MEGCLARE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpohrer
Malt makes a great crease color! If you are near a MAC store or counter, ask a MA to explain the Prime Look to you. When you do your eyes, first do a primer like Bare Canvas. Next, you pick a color close to your skin tone to put in your crease with a 217, 222 or 224. This color brings out your bone structure, and you will blend your lid color up into the prime color, and your brow color will blend down into the prime color. I am an NW15, so I use Malt, Wedge or Saddle as prime colors. Then, you put a matte neutral under the brow, like Orb or Vanilla. You will lay your highlight color on top of Vanilla. Then, do your lid, crease and brow colors.

Here is my favorite way to wear those colors, inspired by Carrie Underwood:

Bare Canvas lid to brow
Malt in crease with 217
Vanilla on browbone
Satin Taupe inner half lid blended into Malt
Gentle Fume outer half lid blended into Malt
Vex on browbone on top of Vanilla
Black Tied as contour blended into Malt and liner for upper lashes on top of Smolder
Gentle Fume as liner for lower lashes applied on top of Phone Number

Here is another way:
Club on lid
Malt in crease
Vex on browbone
Black Tied as contour and liner on upper lashes over Smolder
Satin Taupe or Gentle Fume as lower lash liner

Malt lid
Vex browbone
Satin Taupe crease
Club outer V

THANKS!