N Collection

L0VELY

I need help deciding on what lipstick to get from the N Collection. 3N or 4N!? I'm not sure. What do you think? I'm an NC30.
Do you think these shades are similar to any of the permanent lipsticks?

TIA
smiles.gif

Seary_Fairy

Oh, good question! I was just wondering the same thing. Sorry I can't help with an answer for you but look forward to hearing some recs from the girls
smiles.gif

Kitt3n

The mac artist told me yesterday that all the lip colors and eye colors are designed for most every skin tone. I bought the 4N because it has a little bit of a carmel color to it.

Fairybelle

3N and 4N give very different looks. I am NC30 and I ended up purchasing all of the l/s and l/g from the N Collection because all of them worked on NC30 skintone!

3N is great for a nice sexy light pink lip. Similar to many MAC pink shades, but like all good LEs, is a stand-alone color IMO. It's the perfect lipstick for a cool look--pink/purple/blue eyeshadows would go well with it.

4N is warmer. Think of paring it with Spice or Cremola liners. It would go well with warmer eyeshadows--bronzes, browns, tans, golds.

So if you can get the actual colors, it is WORTH the money. Both are non-regrettable buys because they aren't 'trendy' colors.

thanh13

I'm a NC30 also and I bought 3N which I love, it's definitely nude. I thought 4N was a bit too dark for my liking.

ExquisiteImages

I'm a NC30 also, and if I had to choose one, I would choose the 3N lipstick. Perfect pink for all looks. I have the 4N also, but I only wear that when I wear neutral eyeshadows like browns.

Love Always Ivy

i wasnt impresed by any of the lipsticks IMO. 4N was too dark, 2N and 1N are super concealer on me (NC30). and 3N was pretty but was super similar to all the other nude lippies i already own
ssad.gif
i did get 3N lipglass though, since i dont have any brownish lipglasses at all

you really have to go in person to try them on yourself, because the swatches and descriptions dont really help with telling if it works with your tone

lethaldesign

I'm an NC25 & I bought both 3N & 4N... 3N is a perfect pink nude lippie, whereas 4N is more of a caramel-colored nude. 4N definitely has more of a brown-base, which usually I'm not a fan of in a lipstick, but for some reason, this one just works! They both provide a different look - so I'm going to have to go with both
smiles.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethaldesign
I'm an NC25 & I bought both 3N & 4N... 3N is a perfect pink nude lippie, whereas 4N is more of a caramel-colored nude. 4N definitely has more of a brown-base, which usually I'm not a fan of in a lipstick, but for some reason, this one just works! They both provide a different look - so I'm going to have to go with both
smiles.gif

I agree...exactly
yes.gif