Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Fingers crossed! I'm now worried my Lemmings won't be there in time for consolidation time, I didn't suss that they have moved to a 4 week TAT during Covid, and I dithered, then was left waiting for a response to my queries for a couple of weeks, so I fear I'm starting a new box before the old one's consolidated. I was also disappointed that I managed to miss all of the limited edition GLLs that I was after :( - didn't realise the release date and all sold out.
Oh how annoying. I hate long TATs and limited releases. Nowadays I really don't feel like chasing brands that aren't worth the effort.

Anitacska

In the end I ordered the Pahlish, DRK, Fancy Gloss and Night Owl topper from PPU UK. Went back and forth on the Pahlish, hope I like it.

FedEx got my hopes up again, they initially said my Stackry package would be delivered today, but it's been changed to tomorrow. This happened the last 2 times, I should've known. Still, 3 days is pretty fast. It did cost me a lot to ship, even though there are only 7 bottles of polish in there, but then there's a lot of other stuff, so fair enough.

PearlyQueen

In the end I ordered the Pahlish, DRK, Fancy Gloss and Night Owl topper from PPU UK. Went back and forth on the Pahlish, hope I like it.

FedEx got my hopes up again, they initially said my Stackry package would be delivered today, but it's been changed to tomorrow. This happened the last 2 times, I should've known. Still, 3 days is pretty fast. It did cost me a lot to ship, even though there are only 7 bottles of polish in there, but then there's a lot of other stuff, so fair enough.
I just got Nailed It. Then bought more Nailed Its. Then a few more Nailed Its.
Bit of a theme...
Picked up a few on eBay and did a RC order today for 3 of the new collection and a couple of other polishes (2 Lumen, 1 Cupcake).

Anitacska

I just got Nailed It. Then bought more Nailed Its. Then a few more Nailed Its.
Bit of a theme...
Picked up a few on eBay and did a RC order today for 3 of the new collection and a couple of other polishes (2 Lumen, 1 Cupcake).
So you like Nailed It then?! :p I haven't bought anything since PPU, but Tonic has a new collection launching tonight at 1 am. :oops: I like 6, but I'm not staying up, my middle one started college on Tuesday and I've had to get up at 6.45 almost every morning. :sleep: One of the polishes is extremely limited (due to possibly fading thermal pigment), but if the other 5 are still around when I wake up, I'll get those. I really really love one, but Girly Bits might be doing a pre-order, so if I miss out, hopefully I have a back up option. But I'm too tired to stay up.

Anitacska

I manage to crop a few pictures, so here are some manis. First is Femme Fatale Sand Verbena topped with Polished for Days Sugar Plum on the accents. Sand Verbena has a purple base, but the shimmer is so strong, it really only shows at certain angles, hence the last photo.

IMG_20210826_094005356.jpg

IMG_20210826_094017750.jpg

IMG_20210826_094043078.jpg

IMG_20210826_133921827.jpg

Next is Colors by Llarowe Alternate Universe topped with Emily de Molly Past the Breakers on the accents. The CbL has strong yellow/green shimmer that my camera didn't pick up too well.

IMG_20210828_122505265.jpg

IMG_20210828_122514642.jpg

IMG_20210828_122603239.jpg

This is Illyrian Polish Amortentia topped with Claire's Summer Ball on the accents. Not my favourite Illyrian, it's a bit meh, although the green-ish shimmer is cool.

IMG_20210830_135418126.jpg

IMG_20210830_135430748.jpg

IMG_20210830_135555732.jpg

Anitacska

A few more... This is Emily de Molly Mind Powers topped with Nail Pattern Boldness Elderberry on the accents.

IMG_20210901_132822652.jpg

IMG_20210901_132931278.jpg

IMG_20210901_133037029.jpg

And finally, Emily de Molly Goodie Two Shoes? topped with Polished for Days Supernova on the accents.

IMG_20210903_160621835.jpg

IMG_20210903_160719097.jpg

IMG_20210903_112251358.jpg

Anitacska

Well, I missed the 4 polishes I liked most, so decided not to bother with the remaining 2. She says she'll restock them in a little while, but I'm not holding my breath as she's been very absent and hasn't restocked anything from the past few collections (or at all really). Oh well, it's just polish.

PearlyQueen

So you like Nailed It then?! :p I haven't bought anything since PPU, but Tonic has a new collection launching tonight at 1 am. :oops: I like 6, but I'm not staying up, my middle one started college on Tuesday and I've had to get up at 6.45 almost every morning. :sleep: One of the polishes is extremely limited (due to possibly fading thermal pigment), but if the other 5 are still around when I wake up, I'll get those. I really really love one, but Girly Bits might be doing a pre-order, so if I miss out, hopefully I have a back up option. But I'm too tired to stay up.
Which Tonics did you get? I'm tempted by Sweet Tooth.
What is 6:45???

PearlyQueen

I manage to crop a few pictures, so here are some manis. First is Femme Fatale Sand Verbena topped with Polished for Days Sugar Plum on the accents. Sand Verbena has a purple base, but the shimmer is so strong, it really only shows at certain angles, hence the last photo.

View attachment 69726

View attachment 69727

View attachment 69728

View attachment 69729

Next is Colors by Llarowe Alternate Universe topped with Emily de Molly Past the Breakers on the accents. The CbL has strong yellow/green shimmer that my camera didn't pick up too well.

View attachment 69730

View attachment 69731

View attachment 69732

This is Illyrian Polish Amortentia topped with Claire's Summer Ball on the accents. Not my favourite Illyrian, it's a bit meh, although the green-ish shimmer is cool.

View attachment 69733

View attachment 69734

View attachment 69735
Love the first two (last isn't my thing, even if it is Illyrian!)

PearlyQueen

Well, I missed the 4 polishes I liked most, so decided not to bother with the remaining 2. She says she'll restock them in a little while, but I'm not holding my breath as she's been very absent and hasn't restocked anything from the past few collections (or at all really). Oh well, it's just polish.
That's a shame, I know you don't like RC but they had some of them.

Anitacska

That's a shame, I know you don't like RC but they had some of them.
Thanks for the heads up. True, I don't like RC, but I made an exception. I got Violet Gold (my absolute favourite), Sweet Tooth, Flash Lights, Firebird and Stellar. I also liked the pink thermal, but it was very limited and obviously isn't going to stockists. She did say she wasn't sure if the pigment might be unstable, so not worth the gamble anyway. Maybe she'll remake it with a more stable pigment in the future.

Anitacska

My small PPU order came last week. I really like them all. The EDK looks dull in the bottle, but it's a magnetic, it's actually really pretty when magnetised.

IMG_20210911_111425064.jpg

Anitacska

Did you see the Glam sneak preview? I don't think I'll be buying many polishes from the Halloween collection. Based on the bottle shot macros, I may be interested in 4 or 5.

Also, have you seen the PfD sneak? I like them on the whole, but the polishes are beginning to look a bit samey now. I'll still probably get 4 or 5 (not keen on the very bright orange one).

Latest posts