Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Medgal07

thud.gif
at all the manis, kimibos.

Hilarious, Medgal! Who knew nail polish shopping could be so dangerous.

I received my Diors and YSLs from Saks. Rosy Bow and Gris Trianon are very pretty, but I'm not head over heels. I mainly got those colors because of their LE status. I'm really looking forward to St. Tropez and the Cruise polishes from the Dior boutique because those shades are more my colors. YSL Bronze Pyrite is also nice, but I have other metallics I like more. I absolutely love Première Neige. It's a top coat from YSL's 2012 Holiday collection. It gives a gorgeous blue shimmer to any polish.

I went to a JC Penny Sephora today. They didn't have any Dior polishes, but I don't recall if they ever did. I'll check out a full Sephora on Friday to see if they have any. But I did swing by Ulta and got 2 more Essies. Van D'Go and Shop Till I Drop. I notice that all of my Essies so far a various shades of peach and mint colors.

I've been walking around with naked nails for almost two weeks. My nails look like they have some yellowing, so I was taking a break from polishing them. I think the Instant Artificials may be the culprit. I won't be using it anymore. I'm giving myself a mani tomorrow and will be trying the Butter London base and top coats for the first time. I'll report how I like them.
wavey.gif
Hi CC
wavey.gif
That's some major NP haulage! You know, I can't recall seeing Dior at Sephora, now that you mention it.
icon_eek.gif
That's too bad about the discoloration issue---I won't be trying IA!!!

MRV

Quote:
Corally, it was disgusting! They were pushing and shoving! Only the strong survive....Gamma (bright orange) and Speckle (Lilac w/specs) made it in.
girlhaha.gif
Ah, Gamma is a lovely orange. I actually have a BU! (Long story, sigh! Includes an empty box with a letter from the local post stating "sorry, our sorting system is so effective that the content was separated from the package"
wtff.gif
).

For the Valentine's I'm wearing BL Sweet Dreams as I planned to. Love it!! It's so glowy and juicy. I'm also wearing the pink mini blush from Glamourdaze and Heart to Heart l/s with Jingle Jangle dlg (= juicy lips, too!)

BuickMackane

For the Valentine's I'm wearing BL Sweet Dreams as I planned to. Love it!! It's so glowy and juicy. I'm also wearing the pink mini blush from Glamourdaze and Heart to Heart l/s with Jingle Jangle dlg (= juicy lips, too!)
I love Sweet Dreams! I actually love it more than Ray Of Light!
icon_eek.gif

Anitacska

No I haven't. Do you have to be a professional to order? It says "sign up for a trade account".

V nice!

Mine's a few days old now, but I can't post without adding a picture, so here's Essie Leading Lady. I've just this evening had my very first attempt at nail art and added a (badly drawn) heart to my ring finger especially for Valentine's Day LOL!

I discovered purely by chance today that a friend of mine has a 500+ NP collection. She made a comment about my mani, and that she'd noticed I'd been wearing lots of nice colours lately. I said I had quite a few untried polishes so I was making an effort to work my way through them, then lovely hubby started saying "Lots. Hundreds." and miming a huge pile. I said "Less than a hundred" and she chimed and said she has 500 and made me look good by comparison, ha! Turns out her daughter used to be a nail tech but doesn't do it anymore, so she passed all her NPs on to my friend. Of course I'm now dying to have a root around in her collection to see what she's got
girlhaha.gif

I'm really lemming those Color Club holos now. Anitacska, have you ever bought anything from tiffanynailsupply.co.uk? They have these for £6.50 each with free UK postage at the moment which seems comparable to Beautyzone2007...

jennyap

No I haven't. Do you have to be a professional to order? It says "sign up for a trade account".
That's what I was wondering. It doesn't seem to say that in the terms & conditions but I can only see a trade account sign-up option. If they sold retail too it would be a good find.

Anitacska

Actually, I think you can order anyway, but the delivery charge is £5, not free. Where did you see free delivery?

Thank you! I use Seche. Unfortunately it doesn't look like this today - tip wear (which was there before but you just couldn't see in the photo), multiple small chips and one giant one, so it's coming off tonight. I went a day over my usual wear limit and I can tell! I do think regular use of a strengthening base coat is starting to make a difference though, my nails were soooo soft when I started wearing polish I could barely get 24 hours chip-free.

That's what I was wondering. It doesn't seem to say that in the terms & conditions but I can only see a trade account sign-up option. If they sold retail too it would be a good find.

MACina

Anneri, I don' t know how much CGs etc. are at beautyzone2007 currently.I haven' t ordered from them since ages.

But Cambree has a lot of CGs,Orlys,Essies etc. too:

http://www.cambree.de/Naegel:::63.html

It is a German online shop and shipping is 3,99 €.I have ordered from them several times in the past and have never had
any problems.
They do also ship to other European countries but shipping is 10,99 €
ssad.gif

You can pay through PayPal too.

That's really a steep increase! Bummer. We'll have to figure out the best deals again now, after the new regulations.

Anneri

Thank you, Macina! Doesn't look too bad!

I'll browse a bit...
fluffy.gif

I hope you all have a nice Valentine's Day! I'm baking a cake right now and will enjoy my bf's surprised face later.

MACina

You are welcome! Maybe it is an option for you
smiles.gif

Thank you, Macina! Doesn't look too bad!

I'll browse a bit...
fluffy.gif

I hope you all have a nice Valentine's Day! I'm baking a cake right now and will enjoy my bf's surprised face later.
That sounds great, Anneri!!!

I was given a red rose at the drugstore today
lol.gif

Happy Valentine' s Day, everyone
grouphug2.gif

BuickMackane

nice mani, is the color like BL dosh?? please post swatches of the revlon beauties, i may pick them up lol
Here you go hun. First up, my Revlon wheel, the second pic with flash. L-R: Not So Blue-Berry, Royal Cloak, Starry Pink, Girly, Enchanting.

Illamasqua Jo'Mina - Revlon Enchanting - Sation Love At First Lavender:

Deborah Lippmann Candy Shop - Revlon Girly:

And finally, Butter London Dosh - Barielle Polished Princess (with flash because it showed the different types of shimmer a bit better):

Dominique33

nanaparty.gif

Here we go again ! This is pretty ! I hope I'll get my 3 China Glaze polishes tomorrow, Avant-Garden collec. all 3 are spring colours ( rosy, red ) and perfect for today where is my Valentine I wonder !
girlhaha.gif

kimibos

And finally, Butter London Dosh - Barielle Polished Princess (with flash because it showed the different types of shimmer a bit better):

ok now i want not-so blue berry and royal cloak, also jo mina and the revlon lavander looks so pretty
eyelove.gif
. how do you like the sation polishes, transdesign has some, i may check them out. i can see the barielle polished princess is darker.

Medgal07

Quote:

I spotted the Emerald City and Delight pair.

Yeah, probably so. But I was thinking it might not hurt to drop them a line.

Nice green! Wonder if it's similar to the green from Cult, Deal With It?

[Have to stay away from Revlon!]

We should probably list European and Asian e-shops that ship internationally.

Ah, Gamma is a lovely orange. I actually have a BU! (Long story, sigh! Includes an empty box with a letter from the local post stating "sorry, our sorting system is so effective that the content was separated from the package"
wtff.gif
).

Oh so pretty! Is the NP as pink IRL as it looks on monitor? I LOVE it. I also have that Glamourdaze blush, Divine Desire which is why I didn't purchase Prom Princess from AGs
heart.gif
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!!
heart.gif

Medgal07

Here you go hun. First up, my Revlon wheel, the second pic with flash. L-R: Not So Blue-Berry, Royal Cloak, Starry Pink, Girly, Enchanting.

These colors look delicious!!! I'm going through a lavender phase right now for some odd reason. I have Dosh, but it's also one of those NPs that I've not yet worn. Guess I'll get around to it when I'm needing a change from pinks and purples/lavenders.
girlhaha.gif

MACina

Yes, I have tried so much and I still get a several supplements.

It is not for a job.I have had several whitlows during my chemos and due to the heavy immunosuppression in the past and obviously my nails never recovered completely
ssad.gif

oh sorry hun, have you tried biotin, or calcium supplements? i take them for my bones and hair but i guess my nails get lucky in the process. or do you keep them short because of you job?
lovely and into my list it goes, i really really like it. i dont usually do pinks but this one has a boom factor with that golden shimmer!
happy valentines day Macina!!!
flower.gif

ok now i want not-so blue berry and royal cloak, also jo mina and the revlon lavander looks so pretty
eyelove.gif
. how do you like the sation polishes, transdesign has some, i may check them out. i can see the barielle polished princess is darker.
Thank you very much, kimibos
th_hug.gif

Anitacska

My nails are in a terrible state too, they've always been very soft and bendy but now they're peeling as well. :( I think it's because I have an underactive thyroid.

jennyap

Back to A England today. This is Princess Sabra:
1e98e042_image.jpeg
What does everyone use on their cuticles? Mine are suffering in the cold weather and they really need some TLC!

Latest posts