Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

jennyap

Love the mani! What base coat are you using? I was using Salon Sciences Instant Artificials as my base coat, and I believe it caused my yellowing. I read that some nail hardeners can yellow your nails. I refuse to believe it was any of my polishes that did it. I'll know for sure after using my new Butter London base coat for a while.
Oh that's interesting, it could be that. I've been using Sally Hansen Double Duty Strengthening Base and Top Coat (as base only). I'll have to try switching too - keep us updated on whether yours improves!

CartoonChic

Here's my mani with my nail cut. I have my coke nail back! I call this my Triad manicure because of the three gradiating colors. I got the idea from a necklace design. I'll be doing more Triad manicures in the future with different colors. You can't see it in my pics, but Blue Satin has hidden blue shimmer that's visible in direct sunlight.

Chanel Blue Boy - middle
Chanel Blue Rebel - index, ring
Chanel Blue Satin - pinky, thumb

Anneri

That's such a cool idea, CC! I will try your Triad manicure soon, I think.

That's my first attempt at a mani with nail polish strips/stickers:

Very easy, the most complicated thing was actually to estimate which sticker would go onto which nail.

CartoonChic

Very easy, the most complicated thing was actually to estimate which sticker would go onto which nail.
That's pretty neat. I haven't tried stickers yet. I like your new avatar, too. I want to see your Triad pics when you do it!

MACina

CartoonChic, I love the blue combo
heart.gif

honey on boost

love the lace! It would go great with a nice black dress.

Anneri

love the lace! It would go great with a nice black dress.
I'm invited to the Archie's Girl event that takes place tomorrow, so I had the feeling I had to spruce things up a bit. I'll have yet to decide whether I whip out a dress or not (it's still snowing overe here, boo!).

MAChostage

I love this pattern! Which one/brand is this?

honey on boost

I put on tutu last night and I was really disappointed :( The formula was something I would expect from an essie light pink not Dior. It took 3 coats to get full coverage and even then I didn't really care for it. For some reason it photographs lighter than it really looks in person. It's a lot less white in person and more of a soft pink.

Medgal07

I put on tutu last night and I was really disappointed :( The formula was something I would expect from an essie light pink not Dior. It took 3 coats to get full coverage and even then I didn't really care for it. For some reason it photographs lighter than it really looks in person. It's a lot less white in person and more of a soft pink.

icon_eek.gif
Oh say it isn't so HOB! I recently ordered Tutu after waiting and stalking every web site that might carry it. I thought it would be my HG pale pink NP. Well, you certainly made it work for you----I don't think you're capable of a bad manicure!

Medgal07

Here's my mani with my nail cut. I have my coke nail back! I call this my Triad manicure because of the three gradiating colors. I got the idea from a necklace design. I'll be doing more Triad manicures in the future with different colors. You can't see it in my pics, but Blue Satin has hidden blue shimmer that's visible in direct sunlight.

Chanel Blue Boy - middle

CC, I love all of these shades of blue, and you have lovely hands that look really nice with both short & long nails. I have to say however, uniformity gets my vote---either all short or all long.
eyelove.gif

Medgal07

Yes, bright corals are awesome!

And at the moment I cannot think of a similar shade in my stash
hmm.gif
I feel a purchase coming on.
girlhaha.gif
. Not enabling -----just sharing;

In addition to MAC's Comic Cute, here are just some of my other bright corals:

BL's Trout Pout
Chanel's Fracas
EL's Coral Cult
Essie's Tangerine, Camera, Brazilliant & Tart Deco
MAC's Kid Orange & Oriele
OPI's How Cute is That?

Medgal07

You're so generous to give away your polish! Comic Cute is so cute on you. Lol, that was lame but true.
I did notice Tutu was originally part of that collection. I think they changed it for the US, probably to make it a Neimans exclusive. YES! My list keeps growing faster than I'm crossing things off of it. There are so many pretty polishes to get.

I did my mani with Chanel Blue Boy, Blue Rebel and Blue Satin. My untrieds are approaching critical mass. My China Glaze haul put my polish count over the 200 mark and I have 178 untrieds. I also lost precious polishing time while giving my nails a rest. I'm going to be wearing skittle/gradient/layered polishes to get my untried list down.
icon_eek.gif
Wowza!!! I love your choices and your huge collection. I think as you go through your NPs, trying the untried, you should have CCs REC of the week. A recommendation (or not) for your fellow NP addicts!!!

Medgal07

I love this on you Anneri---it's awesome! I think it would just look horrid on me.

Prettypackages

Love the mani! What base coat are you using? I was using Salon Sciences Instant Artificials as my base coat, and I believe it caused my yellowing. I read that some nail hardeners can yellow your nails. I refuse to believe it was any of my polishes that did it. I'll know for sure after using my new Butter London base coat for a while.
cant wait to hear if that makes a difference.

I love that black polish. I love black about as much as I used to love white.

Prettypackages

your pinky is so perfect it looks like a fake nail.

That pinky color is gorgeous... If anyone knows a dupe let me know...

Chanel Blue Boy - middle

Prettypackages

I should probably just get the Chanel color. All I'm gonna do is by a bunch of dupes til I get the real thing. :)

I think I'm going to copy HOB nail shape too. lol I'm not going back to that shop though. The way she filed my ring finger is off. As it is growing the side is digging into my skin. (I hope that made sense).

Latest posts