Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

jennyap

I'm no help as I am off to make my order right NOW for both. But Fragile was sold out this morning so that might be your sign to get that first.

Here's my haul since Saturday
ohboy.gif

Excuse the crappy quality pic.

Top Row. L-R. CG For Audrey. OPI Goldeneye. OPI Thanks A Windmillion. OPI Oy-Another Polish Joke!. WmW 2% Milk.
Bottom Row. L-R. L'oreal Orange You Jealous?. L'oreal New Money. L'oreal Not A Cloud In Sight, L'oreal Royalty Reinvented. Essie Play Date.

Beauty.com lured me with the 30% off & $2 off OPI deal so I purchased Audrey, Goldeneye and TAW Saturday. Threw in PD since it's been on my list.
Stopped by Ricky's for powder and ended up being swayed by the nail wheels leading to OPI's OAPJ!
My local drugstore had their B1G1 50% deal Saturday as well so I purchased the new L'oreals.
Ended up in the drugstore again today, so the WnW came home with me after I seen it on a blogger.
Now I'm off to Sephora's website... And hoping to never stop by this thread again because my bank account hates it! LOL.
CartoonChic, thanks for the compliment on my last mani. I'm inspired by your triad. Since I have new colors to play with hopefully I'll do a new mani by Friday.
I must bid you enablers... I mean ladies Adieu!
girlhaha.gif
That is one seriously pretty haul. With maybe the exception of the coral, the bottom row especially is making me
th_drool.gif
Anything that could be described as peacock colours I'm all over!

Medgal07

I should probably just get the Chanel color. All I'm gonna do is by a bunch of dupes til I get the real thing. :)

I think I'm going to copy HOB nail shape too. lol I'm not going back to that shop though. The way she filed my ring finger is off. As it is growing the side is digging into my skin. (I hope that made sense).
icon_eek.gif
???? Actually sounds a little creepy
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

Butter London has two really nice shades of blue: "Royal Navy" & "Big Smoke"

If those are too dark "Bluey" is pretty also. If you like dark green "British Racing Green" is gorgeous.

I'm a huge Butter London fan. After I fell in love with "All Hail the Queen" I just kept buying more.

Cafe Makeup has some good pics of it-- http://cafemakeup.com/2010/07/21/butter-london-all-hail-mcqueen/

I love how in so many of their n/p there is great shimmer but not chuncky glitter. But if you like glitter there are some pretty ones I've bought for gifts. My daughter-in-law squealed when I gave her "Disco Biscuit" It's bright pink and sparkly, her two favorite things.

For the most part BL has great n/p but like all brands there are a few duds here and there.

Most of my n/p is Butter London & Deborah Lippmann
wavey.gif
SA. So glad you gave BLs 'Royal Navy' the thumbs up because I've been eyeing it and recently put it on my NP wish list. I'm rather fond of BL too!
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

The mystery of the different Essie bottles has been solved. I stumbled upon the info googling swatches of different colors. It turns out that both bottles are current. The one with the white logo is the retail version - Walmart, Target, etc. This version started in 2011 after L'Oreal purchased Essie in 2010. It's part of their effort to increase distribution of the Essie brand and to make it more widely available. There are some colors that are exclusive to the Essie retail line.

The bottle without the white logo and that has the color label on the bottom is the salon version. This is the bottle design that has always existed. The salon line is available at salons and stores like Ulta. I'm guessing this is also the bottle you get if you order directly from Essie.com.

http://polishorperish.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-year-new-essie.html

Beauty.com must get the retail version. I prefer the salon version, so I'll continue getting them at Ulta. Can anyone confirm if Essie.com has the salon bottles, and know of other stores that carry the salon design? Med, you mentioned some Bed, Bath and Beyond stores carry Essie. What bottles do they have those?
wavey.gif
CC. This is excellent info that you're sharing here. Thank you so much!!!! I have a ton of Essie NPs in both iterations but I never paid attention to which version I purchased and where---clearly, I was just sucked in by the color, but I will definitely pay attention to it now. I might be going to BB&B this week and I'll take a look & report back.

Medgal07

Thanks about the BB&B info. I only have a handful of Zoyas, but I do plan to get more. I've been distracted by other brands like Dior *cough* your fault *cough*, so haven't picked up any more. I do like the Zoyas that I have.
iagree.gif
with you CC! I think I had maybe one Dior NP when HOB started waving those pretty Dior colors on her pretty hands---that was it for me too. I'm waiting for three Dior's that I recently ordered
icon_eek.gif

Medgal07

Lol, OK. I may cut the coke nail. My pinky is usually my longest nail, so I'm used to it being a different length than the others. But it does look a little weird seeing it in the pics. It kind of throws off the Triad design. My right hand is all the same length and the design makes more sense.
lmao.gif
You're so adorable CC
lmao.gif

Medgal07

Sorry, I am not very good at doing nail wheel swatches but I tried my best
blush-anim-cl.gif

Especially the shimmer of Taboo is extremely hard to photograph.It looks just dark in the pic
ssad.gif

HTH anyway!

I love these swatches---thanks so much---really gives a better idea of the colors/hues than just looking at the bottles! Nevertheless, I base most of my selections on the bottles!
th_dunno.gif

CartoonChic

I'm no help as I am off to make my order right NOW for both. But Fragile was sold out this morning so that might be your sign to get that first.

Here's my haul since Saturday
ohboy.gif

Excuse the crappy quality pic.

Top Row. L-R. CG For Audrey. OPI Goldeneye. OPI Thanks A Windmillion. OPI Oy-Another Polish Joke!. WmW 2% Milk.
Bottom Row. L-R. L'oreal Orange You Jealous?. L'oreal New Money. L'oreal Not A Cloud In Sight, L'oreal Royalty Reinvented. Essie Play Date.

Beauty.com lured me with the 30% off & $2 off OPI deal so I purchased Audrey, Goldeneye and TAW Saturday. Threw in PD since it's been on my list.
Stopped by Ricky's for powder and ended up being swayed by the nail wheels leading to OPI's OAPJ!
My local drugstore had their B1G1 50% deal Saturday as well so I purchased the new L'oreals.
Ended up in the drugstore again today, so the WnW came home with me after I seen it on a blogger.
Now I'm off to Sephora's website... And hoping to never stop by this thread again because my bank account hates it! LOL.
CartoonChic, thanks for the compliment on my last mani. I'm inspired by your triad. Since I have new colors to play with hopefully I'll do a new mani by Friday.
I must bid you enablers... I mean ladies Adieu!
girlhaha.gif
rofl.gif
Well, at least you went out with a bang! That's a great haul with fantastic deals. Those are the best kind. Don't be a stranger and still visit us from time to time.

Wait, Fragile was sold out?! You may have just enabled me to get it sooner rather than later...

Medgal07

Med, that's a fun idea! Your collection is larger mine, so you do the same.
No, no it isn't.
icon_eek.gif
I don't think any of our collections can rival yours'---maybe HOB's, but certainly not mine. But get this CC---I'm thinking of getting another wall rack and putting it under one that's hanging. It will be floor to ceiling NPs. The Hubs will have a stroke!!!
girlhaha.gif

CartoonChic

iagree.gif
with you CC! I think I had maybe one Dior NP when HOB started waving those pretty Dior colors on her pretty hands---that was it for me too. I'm waiting for three Dior's that I recently ordered
icon_eek.gif
Honey enabled me again with her pic of Dior Shadow. I'm about to order it... along with Orchid and Poison, the other two purple polishes from the same collection as Shadow. And I'm getting Dior Bikini to complete the set with Saint-Tropez. It's a coral. Do you see what I did there? I brought it back around full circle since we were talking about corals earlier.
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

What a lovely list of corals. Corals are one of my favorite polish colors.
love.gif
All of the Essies I have so far are either a coral/peach or a mint/green shade. I still haven't picked up Butter London Trout Pout or Macbeth. I need to fix that. Here's my coral list.
Chanel - Distraction, Fracas, Orange Fizz
China Glaze - Flip Flop Fantasy, High Hopes, Surreal Appeal
Essie - Van D'Go, Shop Till I Drop, Tart Deco, Peach Daiquiri
Zoya - Kara
That's a great list, or as you probably call it---a start
girlhaha.gif
. I have not yet worn Orange Fizz, but it looks more coral than Fracas. Other Essie corals are Camera & Haute As Hello.

Medgal07

Yes, it is hard! I didn't realize I was so attached to it. And what you talkin' bout honey with Tutu? I think it looks great on you. The color in your pic is how it actually looks on me when I swatched it, a whitish pink. It looks similar to the pic Med posted wearing Butter London Teddy Girl. I'm really surprised how much I like the way Tutu looked on me. I wouldn't normally buy such a pale pink color.
iagree.gif
yahoo.gif
Yay for Tutu Yay!!!!
yahoo.gif

Medgal07

I think I recall Buick saying something about those light, pasty colors being generally difficult to apply. It maybe something that can't be avoided with those type of colors. I hear yellows are usually problematic as well.
th_confused_new.gif
Where is Buick?!
Indeed! Where is Buick?
th_wiggle2.gif
I miss her too! I hope she's on holiday and hauling wonderful NPs

Medgal07

Teddy Girl was one of the ones I had trouble with. Another one was Kerfuflfle that went on a bit streaky for me. but I've seen good reviews for it. I may have received one from a bad batch. It's such a pretty color I may exchange it and see how it does.

I'll have to go through my stash so I can remember which ones I didn't feel was up to par.

I love bright trendy colors or I guess ones that not generally called "classic" colors because articles always say women of a certain age should stick to classic nail colors. And while I son't exactly follow that rule I do tone it down a bit with other colors. I love BL "Lady Muck" it is a light blue.

Here's T's swatches. She usually has good swatches even though on a lot of products I don't always agree with her review. But this one I do.

http://www.temptalia.com/butter-london-lady-muck-nail-lacquer-review-photos-swatches#image1

Another one I like is "Trustafarian". T only gave it a B. I haven't had any issues with it.

http://www.temptalia.com/butter-london-trustafarian-nail-lacquer-review-photos-swatches

A bit off topic. My husband thinks it's an odd color. I would think it was because I'm 50. But he's an engineer and so vanilla. We can go into an ice cream shope with a gazillion flavors and he will always get vanilla. I took over buying his clothes years ago. Given his job I do have stay a bit on the conservative side with ties. Mon thru Fri it's a suit, white dress shirt and tie. So I don't have much play room. Although I do buy him fun socks which he gets some comments on.
SA that's a riot, but so true. My best friend's hub is an engineer---they are brilliant but their brains work differently---in a good way! I noticed your 'best friend', Ishmael and the dates---so sorry. Do you have other pets?

Medgal07

I want to get one of the Illamasqua speckled polishes, but I am having the hardest time choosing between Mottle and Fragile. Oh for unlimited money! What to do, what to do?
greengrin.gif
BOTH---If it's Mottle, it will need a travel companion---If it's Fragile, it will need a travel companion. Clearly, you have no choice!
greengrin.gif

Latest posts