Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

CartoonChic

You're going to love Les Jeans! One of my favorite Chanel sets.. probably because I still haven't found Mistral and Riviera at a good price yet lol Where did you get a discount on the Chanel polishes? And is the HSN deal available to everyone? I know there are a few DL's I need/want ;)
I've read that it's bad to store the side ways but then some people say it's fine. You should look into the Melmers from Michaels they have small ones that are really cute for storage and Michael's is always running a 40% off a single item coupon on the iphone app.
I ordered Les Jeans and Fire from izzysbeautyshoppe.com. They sent out an email with a code for $10 off $150. The code is XMAS. I got the other Chanel polishes from Saks.com. I received an email with a code for 15% off, but it was one time use. I used the code HSNNEWHOLIDAY for 15% off at HSN.com. It says it's for new customers and it only applied to one item in my cart. I was trying to get two polishes at first, but only got one when I saw how the code worked. The additional $10 off HSN.com was through a promotion through my credit card.

Thanks for the tip about Melmers! I like it much, much better than the plastic totes I was considering. I can't believe it holds so many polishes. By the way, I'm going to need recommendations on what Dior polishes to get. I'm going to start hauling from that brand next year, and probably Essie and Zoya too.

kimibos

No, I don't. I have seen those spring promo pics on different blogs and always thought that I need to try one..
oh no, we are all newbies to EL polishes. i googled some swatches and they look good to me but im going to wait for the sprring collection to make my first purchase.

honey on boost

I ordered Les Jeans and Fire from izzysbeautyshoppe.com. They sent out an email with a code for $10 off $150. The code is XMAS. I got the other Chanel polishes from Saks.com. I received an email with a code for 15% off, but it was one time use. I used the code HSNNEWHOLIDAY for 15% off at HSN.com. It says it's for new customers and it only applied to one item in my cart. I was trying to get two polishes at first, but only got one when I saw how the code worked. The additional $10 off HSN.com was through a promotion through my credit card.
Thanks for the tip about Melmers! I like it much, much better than the plastic totes I was considering. I can't believe it holds so many polishes. By the way, I'm going to need recommendations on what Dior polishes to get. I'm going to start hauling from that brand next year, and probably Essie and Zoya too.
Thanks! I've been deleting emails like crazy I've probably been missing some great sales. I'm trying to be "good" for the rest of the month.

There are so many great Dior polishes! I'm going to see which ones are still available and give you a list. I LOVE their brush it's amazing.

kimibos

i got 2 manis.

BL All Hail The Queen: its not really want i wanted. from swatches it looks like a light nude color. but its brown on me. maybe because of my skin tone. i do like how it looks. nurses liked it, they are always sweet and like my nails!

BL Trustafarian: this one is the opposite too light and somehow not as holographic as Fishwife.

*i ordered some face oils and body lotion at drugstore.com and no polish, i have been strong with my no-buy! i have to get ready for all the spring polish collections!!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
i got 2 manis.

BL All Hail The Queen: its not really want i wanted. from swatches it looks like a light nude color. but its brown on me. maybe because of my skin tone. i do like how it looks. nurses liked it, they are always sweet and like my nails!

BL Trustafarian: this one is the opposite too light and somehow not as holographic as Fishwife.

*i ordered some face oils and body lotion at drugstore.com and no polish, i have been strong with my no-buy! i have to get ready for all the spring polish collections!!
Me too. I want to get the mint from the CG collection already! Are there any swatches yet?

Trustafarian looks nice. I wish my nails would grow that long, but they are too thin and split before they get there.
ssad.gif

kimibos

Me too. I want to get the mint from the CG collection already! Are there any swatches yet?

Trustafarian looks nice. I wish my nails would grow that long, but they are too thin and split before they get there.
ssad.gif
no swatches yet :( have you tried garlic or onions? like you put a little piece of garlic in your clear base polish. or you massage you nails in a piece of onion. i also take calcium and chew gummy bear vitamins haha ohh and i take milk when i can tolerate it. i dont think nail strengtheners help me alot cause i do my nails like every day. i have been using the BL nail fertilizer and it seems good but i cant tell. sorry

CartoonChic

ssad.gif
Try using a nail hardener as your base coat. I use Salon Sciences Instant Artificials and it's working great for me so far.

kimibos, glad your feeling better and gorgeous nails as usual. I think my next mani will be with Ray of Light. I also commend you for sticking to your no buy.
cheerleader.gif

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Try using a nail hardener as your base coat. I use Salon Sciences Instant Artificials and it's working great for me so far.

kimibos, glad your feeling better and gorgeous nails as usual. I think my next mani will be with Ray of Light. I also commend you for sticking to your no buy.
cheerleader.gif
I have tried nail hardeners in the past, but never noticed much of a difference. But it's been a couple of years, and those were only cheap drugstore ones. Maybe I should give it another try now and get a better quality one. I'm looking for a new base coat anway, since I don't like my Color Club one. Does Essie have good base coats/hardeners?

kimibos

cheerleader.gif
thanksx3. ray of light is my list to get along with cleo in ny. those are the only ones from deborah that i want so far. post pics. i luv the mani that you did with cleo and the black that u used, is it the nars one??

kimibos

I have never heard of that. Does that really work? I just imagine smelly nails.
girlhaha.gif

I have tried nail hardeners in the past, but never noticed much of a difference. But it's been a couple of years, and those were only cheap drugstore ones. Maybe I should give it another try now and get a better quality one. I'm looking for a new base coat anway, since I don't like my Color Club one. Does Essie have good base coats/hardeners?
not if you do it like in the afternoon. and then use a scented oil for the cuticles. keeping those hydrated helps with nail growth too. i havent tried essie, well just a ridge filler i got for free and i like it, a lot. really good actually. i like the nutrition base from seche. and theres the nail life from sally that i could send you but that one has formaldehyde, would you be willing to use that one?? my aunt uses it and it works.

CartoonChic

I have never heard of that. Does that really work? I just imagine smelly nails.
girlhaha.gif

I don't have anything by Essie, so I don't know.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
not if you do it like in the afternoon. and then use a scented oil for the cuticles. keeping those hydrated helps with nail growth too. i havent tried essie, well just a ridge filler i got for free and i like it, a lot. really good actually. i like the nutrition base from seche. and theres the nail life from sally that i could send you but that one has formaldehyde, would you be willing to use that one?? my aunt uses it and it works.
Thanks for the offer! But you don't have to send one to me, I'll just get an Essie one with my next order. I'm using Essie's Good to Go as a top coat, and really like it, so I guess I will try one of their base coats as well.
I don't care too much about the ingredients in my nail products to be honest, as long as they don't smell bad. That's why I didn't like the Seche Vite top coat, it always gave me a headache.

kimibos

Thanks for the offer! But you don't have to send one to me, I'll just get an Essie one with my next order. I'm using Essie's Good to Go as a top coat, and really like it, so I guess I will try one of their base coats as well.
I don't care too much about the ingredients in my nail products to be honest, as long as they don't smell bad. That's why I didn't like the Seche Vite top coat, it always gave me a headache.
your welcome. i want to try the essie top coat now!

CartoonChic

your welcome. i want to try the essie top coat now!
This brings me to a question that I've been wanting to ask everyone. What's everyone's favorites for the following? I've listed what I currently use. I'm looking to upgrade my manicure tools.

• Nail polish remover: Zoya Remove Plus, Karma Organic Nail Polish Remover
  • Cotton pads: Some cheapo drug store brand. They fall apart and stick to my nails. Can't stand them.
  • Nail file: Tropical Shine Fine (for natural nails). I've been thinking about getting a crystal nail file.
  • Cuticle remover: Sally Hanson Gel Cuticle Remover
  • Cuticle pusher: I use a plastic one because metal ones scare me.
  • Buffer: Tropical Shine Mini 4-Way Buffer Block
  • Base coat: Salon Sciences Instant Artificials
  • Top coat: Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat, Beauty Secrets Top Coat for Nails
  • Cuticle oil/cream: Beauty Secrets Cuticle Oil
  • Extras: OPI Drip Dry Lacquer Drying Drops

MRV

I've been using Essie's Good to Go as a top coat and the Ridge Filler as a base coat. I've been quite happy with them, although the top coat does shrink a bit.

I'm always having problems with my right hand (the polish and nails chip). I think I have to try some hardener (one without formaldehyde though).

Have you seen these? I think they look yummier than the EL ones.

http://abeautyfeature.blogspot.fi/2012/12/butterlondon-sweetie-shop-nail-polish.html

MRV

Fruity Lashes has info and swatches of Dior Nail Glow. I might want that for my toes (don't like polish on my toes).

http://www.fruitylashes.com/dior-spring-2013-cherie-bow-collection-swatches-review-15017/

Anneri

I own some EL polishes and am not particularly happy with them. I'd choose BL over them any day! Their brush is better and it doesn't chip as fast on me as EL. But then, nearly everything chips fast in me, so I don't know. Naynadine, I've got weak nails which peal very easily, and I've used the OPI strengthener with good results. Microcell is not bad either, but the OPI one works better for me. Kimibos, glad you're better!

Liz2012

wavey.gif
hi girls. i was sick but now im back. you have all gone polish insane!! buick and i have created not only one monster (liz) but 3 with cartoonchic and medgal07!!!!

liz enjoy your haul from germany it looks so cute, and i hope you had an awesome time. medgal happy hanukkah, your table and nails look soo beautiful and festive!
Hi Kimibos, glad to see you back girl!
friends.gif
Sorry to hear you were not feeling well, hope you're all better now
bouquet.gif
I had a wonderful time in Germany, thanks :) I've decided a few days ago to go on a polish no-buy as well tho, i wonder how long i can keep this up lol ..
angelic.gif

Latest posts