Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Pinkdollface

thanks for pics. they do look different but now im wondering how they compare to Germanicure.
I don't have that one but it's lighter and redder than Octoberfest, so even more different I think.

I just applied Alcatraz Rocks and OMG it's so so beautiful! I want a BU and I rarely do that for nailpolish. I only have BU's of Absolutely Alice, Mad as a Hatter, Teenage Dream and Black Shatter.

Anneri

Thank you PDF for the comparison pics! For me it's close enough. If anyone wants an *exact* dupe of Alcatraz rocks - there's a German brand called P2 that makes it, called Confidential. If you have access to it, visit Germany or want me to look for it - it's really good.

Pinkdollface

If anyone wants an *exact* dupe of Alcatraz rocks - there's a German brand called P2 that makes it, called Confidential. If you have access to it, visit Germany or want me to look for it - it's really good.
You're welcome! For me it was different enough to justify it
girlhaha.gif

honey on boost

MRV, thank you for bringing up MeiMei shipping fees! While I'm impressed by their quickness (I ordered last week!) I also noticed that the actual shipping was about 14S$, but I paid about 20. Very strange!!!
Yay! Sending you lots of good luck wishes. I hope you get it!

Anneri

Thank you HOB!

And for all the Ladies in the US - have a great Labor Day!!!
flower.gif

@honi: I'd be interested in Ski Slope Sweetie, All Sparkly and Gold, Wonderous Star, Cute Little Vixen and My favourite Ornament (and the Sand polishes).
cheerleader.gif

honey on boost

Finally felt ok enough to do a mani yesterday. I decided to try the Kiko sugar mat polish a sweet friend helped me get. I love it!! It's so different. Now that I know the texture doesn't bother too much I'm going to finally order some pixie dusts that I've been eyeing.

MRV

MRV, thank you for bringing up MeiMei shipping fees! While I'm impressed by their quickness (I ordered last week!) I also noticed that the actual shipping was about 14S$, but I paid about 20. Very strange!!!
That's great news! The shipping is annoying but it's so nice to get a package.

Ok, haul pics. First the DL haul (forgot to include Mermeid's Kiss and Eyes):

And today's haul: Isadora Ocean Crush, Dior Rouge Garconne & Aloha.

Dominique33

thanks for pics. they do look different but now im wondering how they compare to Germanicure.
wavey.gif
Kimibos

I think they're quite similar ( at least regarding the colour range and finish ), I purchased Lost on Lombard and it's a bit similar to Skyfall. Germanicure is unique I think, it's so beautiful and classy, very pretty for Fall days.

lilinah

As far as the ochre color maybe Barielle Aura Angora might be close to what you're looking for? It's a little mustardy but it seems close to the google pics I saw of ochre.
Thanks for the color recommendation. That looks like what i'm looking for!

As for weather, we're in the 50s and 60s most of the year - in the winter it gets into the 40s at night, and in the summer into the 70s during the day, with occasional days over 80 in Sept. It isn't humid, unless it's foggy or raining. Of course, a short drive south or over the hills to the east and they're in the 80s and 90s the whole summer - and this year over 100 for too many days.

I think most people don't realize that off the coast of California is a cold current coming down from Alaska, which maintains our off-shore fog bank, which keeps the temperatures down along the coast. And that means here in the SF Bay Area, you don't usually do more than wade in the water unless you're wearing a wet suit or doing the Polar Bear Swim:
http://www.dolphinclub.org/polarBearinfo.html

While i appreciate the temperateness of our climate, i often long for some actual summer weather, although i do not miss winter, having grown up in the Chicagoland area. I guess that's why i like camping for 2 weeks where it's in the 90s with very high humidity. And then i can go home.

I'll look for Barielle Aura Angora. It's not on the Barielle website, but you never know, shops often have old stock, and there's a shop that carries Barielle less than a mile from here...

lilinah

When i re-inventoried my nail polishes i could see i was rather short on creams and rather big on frosts and glitters. And then i placed an order from Llarowe and quite a fwe were glitter top coats. Gotta up my cream collection! I don't wear bright pink, red, bright orange, or bright yellow... I do have a pale pink and a red i got one for free from Sephora (and it's all i need). Does anyone know of an ochre colored nail polish? My collection is a bit heavy on purples - from pale to almost black - and greens of a mint, lime, and olive persuasion.
I would suggest nails inc hampstead gardens (on the left). Nightsbridge (on the right) is in the same family but it's more like terra. HG is more yellow irl, and both are lighter than here.

I'm wearing Essie DJ Play That Song.
Love that purple! Thanks for the recommendation, Hampstead Gardens looks like a good color. My local sephora carries nails inc, but they're redoing their nail display, so it's pretty pathetic at the moment. I'll check the nails, inc website.

jennyap

And here's Alcatraz Rocks on my nails. The polish of the moment, it seems! There wasn't much sun when I took this so you don't get the full effect of the sparkles, but I love it. Got a compliment on this today too
pompom.gif

lilinah

I hatesssss FB i doesssssss.

They keep "updating" the code on the website to add more "new!" craptastic sh!t like posting advertisements disguised as messages into your feed.

Patooey.

A lot of the historic costuming mail lists i was on have migrated to FB. That means that any really meaningful discussion will disappear into the mists of time (and that's time measured in hours, not in years).

Patooey.

It's just not a good place for a REAL conversation. I feel like it's turning more and more into an advertising medium.

Patooey.

My apologies for using this board as a spittoon.

BuickMackane

I'm so happy your interview went well
flower.gif
. Your MeiMei order couldn't have arrived at a better time.