Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

MRV

The only one that I really like is Angel Rain, but I think it's pretty similar to an ArtDeco polish I have (Iridescent Butterfly Wings it's called I think). I think Purple Poodle looks really messy and Digital Glitter is just meh. Anyway, that's just my opinion.

I got them from the INP website directly. Only took a week to arrive, I'm very pleased with the service.

Yes, it's a nice strong holo, but it's quite a pain in the backside. I already have some serious chips having only done my nails last night and patched them up this morning (ie added an extra coat and topcoat). Meh.
Ok, thanks! I will look into the I
heart.gif
NPs!

MRV

No I haven't heard of this at all. But surely that can't be right, what about Sally Magpies for example?
But they sell within the UK only? (= they do not import and sell to other EU countries) Sophie said that there are many that break the law - I don't think it is in common knowledge though - but she does not wish to get in trouble with the law.

Anitacska

But they sell within the UK only? (= they do not import and sell to other EU countries) Sophie said that there are many that break the law - I don't think it is in common knowledge though - but she does not wish to get in trouble with the law.
I guess that's right. But RC are only selling within the UK currently. I don't know. I'm not too fussed about FF to be honest.

kimibos

Thanks! I'm patiently growing out the brittle cracked tips of my nails and they'll probably get shorter as I cut/file them off. I have about a third to grow out. I'm excited to have my healthy nails back. I'm glad I was finally able to pinpoint the items that made them unhealthy.

Oops! I said Emily de Molly. I meant to say Femme Fatale. I need to go back and edit that. I was lucky and hauled them during a flash sale on discontinued colors.

I thought you had more than just one Picture Polish? Way more than one.
i wanted more in the beginning but they kept selling out like crazy so i got mad and moved into other brands. i only like their collaboration shades. maybe ill get themm sometime later.
jawdrop.gif
Amazing hauls by the way!
Thank you! I haven#t seen those before, too funny that I'm so behind that I got Sparkling Garbage just today! This looks very christmassy, MRV! Lovely.
here you go hun. i posted some link sometime ago. some bloggers have swatches already.
http://nerd4nails.blogspot.com/2013/08/orly-fall-2013-collection-surreal.html
http://www.lacqlustre.com/2013/08/orly-purple-poodle-and-teal-unreal-from.html
Quote: Originally Posted by Anneri
And here's today's mani: Cadillacquer's Left Behind. Sadly the green shimmer in the base isn't visible in the pic. I also like that this is no simple glitter made from hexes, but these are little squares!
love.gif
into my cadi list!

kimibos

It's Christmas in my house again!
santa.gif
th_thb5ed765e.gif
My INP and DDP orders came this morning and they are all so pretty!
love.gif
The photos don't do justice to the colours, they are so much more vibrant and the multichrome effects are amazeballs!

Quote: Originally Posted by Anitacska
I think it's just you!
girlhaha.gif
I pulled out the entire EP Beatles collection and tried to pair the DDPs up with it and I think some of them are actually pretty good matches. I haven't swatched them yet though. Here are my pictures:
We Are The Champions, Mean Mr Mustard, Bohemian Rhapsody, Hey Jude

Flash, I Am The Walrus, Killer Queen, Octopus's Garden

Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Across The Universe, We Will Rock You, Magical Mystery Tour
And again (without flash):

holysheep.gif
they all look amazing! damn it i want the Darling diva ones NOW! as for the orly's i agree with you i only want Angel Rain and maybe the pixie powder to layer. Digital Glitter is meh and the teal i read stains like a B*tch.

Quote: Originally Posted by Anitacska The only one that I really like is Angel Rain, but I think it's pretty similar to an ArtDeco polish I have (Iridescent Butterfly Wings it's called I think). I think Purple Poodle looks really messy and Digital Glitter is just meh. Anyway, that's just my opinion.

josephine90

So after looking up swatches and catching up on this thread, some of the indie brands Im interested in are Darling Diva, Hare, Different Dimension, Enchanted ( i ve been warned its going to be crazy to get it) and emily de molly. Any other suggestions?

kimibos

So after looking up swatches and catching up on this thread, some of the indie brands Im interested in are Darling Diva, Hare, Different Dimension, Enchanted ( i ve been warned its going to be crazy to get it) and emily de molly. Any other suggestions?
scofflaw. crowstoes, cadillacquer, Elevation polish, pahlish, ozotics.
th_dunno.gif
there are soo many haha

i got my faves from each brand. but my fav is Hare and you got them in your list already.
thmbup.gif

Bcteagirl

Did anyone show the new Orly polishes? If not, I think they look GORGEOUS!

I want Pizie Powder, Purple Poodle, Angel Rain and Digital Glitter.

Swatches here. http://www.alllacqueredup.com/2013/...nail-polish-swatches-review.html#.UkB4UYYwpJI
Thanks! Some of those are nice, I will keep an eye out for purple poodle.

Quote: Anneri
Thank you! I haven#t seen those before, too funny that I'm so behind that I got Sparkling Garbage just today!

I'm so far behind I just started looking for it lol.

uote: Originally Posted by Anneri

And here's today's mani: Cadillacquer's Left Behind. Sadly the green shimmer in the base isn't visible in the pic. I also like that this is no simple glitter made from hexes, but these are little squares!
Still a lovely picture! That is a brand I have been 'lemming'. Would love to see more swatches of any that anybody has!

Found a shoppers that still had some of the Maybelline Colour Show dots collection, and on clearance! Grabbed the green one (Drops of Jade) and the pink (Prettyn polka). Now I have all but the orange, and that is good enough for me. :)

CartoonChic

I think it's just you!
girlhaha.gif
I pulled out the entire EP Beatles collection and tried to pair the DDPs up with it and I think some of them are actually pretty good matches. I haven't swatched them yet though. Here are my pictures:

We Are The Champions, Mean Mr Mustard, Bohemian Rhapsody, Hey Jude

Flash, I Am The Walrus, Killer Queen, Octopus's Garden

Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Across The Universe, We Will Rock You, Magical Mystery Tour

And again (without flash):

Lol, I guess it's me then. The polishes do look the same in the bottles, but they appeared different to me on the nails after swatching them. On the nails, they look more like dupes of the Time to Pretend collection.

CartoonChic

Has anyone who ordered from Harlow & Co received their package yet or is able to track it? I have a tracking number, but it doesn't seem to work. I'm just really impatient with this order. I've wanted Enchanted Shrimp Cocktail badly and I can't wait for it to get here.

Naughtyp

Glad you grabbed some while the getting was good! Anybody hears about free shipping or flash sales etc should let us know, it will give us even more of an excuse to buy :p

Very nice!!

Thanks! Some of those are nice, I will keep an eye out for purple poodle.

I'm so far behind I just started looking for it lol.

Still a lovely picture! That is a brand I have been 'lemming'. Would love to see more swatches of any that anybody has!

Found a shoppers that still had some of the Maybelline Colour Show dots collection, and on clearance! Grabbed the green one (Drops of Jade) and the pink (Prettyn polka). Now I have all but the orange, and that is good enough for me. :)
We always post about the sales/deals lol. This is the thread with the most enablers! hahah my wallet hates me and I cant recall buying anything other than np this year ( witht the exception of Mac and Sephora collections lol ).
I have the clear one and the green and pink sptted ones...haven't used them yet! I want the blue and the orange, I think its perfect for Halloween!

Naughtyp

I was gonna say the same thing. Hopefully the glitters are better.

I wouldn't call the textured one ugly, it's just a little weird. I'm kinda fascinated by it.
girlhaha.gif
I hope so too, they looked so pretty on the wheel!

Speaking of wheels...I miss Buick and all her nail wheels lol

Naughtyp

Has anyone who ordered from Harlow & Co received their package yet or is able to track it? I have a tracking number, but it doesn't seem to work. I'm just really impatient with this order. I've wanted Enchanted Shrimp Cocktail badly and I can't wait for it to get here.
I received mine last week. No Ep's for me
ssad.gif
but my first Cirque polish and a Lime Crime one too.

kimibos

your tracking number is never going to work, its a fake one, the email is just to let you know the order shipped and its on its way to you. they cant have tracking for us/international orders. they do that to keep the shipping free. mine shipped on the 17th, i really hope i can get it this week.

GoldenGirl

Why did I come in here? I LOVE Queen and I LOVE multi-chrome polishes so I must have those DDP polishes. Did I mention that I LOVE Queen? Love them! I have such a crush on Brian May.

I looked up some swatches, BoRhap will have to come home with me. I can't get any others until later on this week, hopefully she'll still have stock of some of the other ones.

Bcteagirl

I received mine last week. No Ep's for me
ssad.gif
but my first Cirque polish and a Lime Crime one too.
Lime Crime! Very Jealous!

Not the best picture in the world, but this is Zoya Bobbi with Seche Vite top coat. A sort of raspberry with a gold tone running through it. The knd of colour you use once and is now your favourite. Today I added Glitz'n Pieces China Glaze topcoat to it, and it goes perfectly. (Not my photo, but this is what the topcoat looks like:

liba

Ya, I noticed most of the colors that I liked on the wheel were not in the blog post....I want the purples!!
From the Autumn collection there is a few that I think are pretty but im busy collecting indies now lol
I'm not much for the indie polish craze - sometimes they come up with some original combinations of color and glitter, but I still think the bigger brands usually have a bigger budget to come up with some really new technology - at least if they're willing to get out ahead and be fashion forward, rather than just conservative and copy everyone else.

That said, I am CRAZY IN LOVE with my I <3 Nail Polish Ultrachromes. Those are so incredibly high quality. The formula is excellent and only needs 2 coats and is nice and smooth, it's very chip resistant, plus the multi chrome effect is just off the charts - way better than most others, that either aren't that changeable, or are really sheer and you have to use a million coats. This is the perfect example of technology plus style innovation that I want from an indie but don't always get. The other indie brand I always loved was BB Couture, because their colors and textures were really innovative and sophisticated, plus they were very pro-polish for men, which is cool. They're not quite as active doing new collections and colors now, which is a shame.

Latest posts