Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Pretty pretty both of them. I ordered my first Takko ever the other day--Passion Fruit. Somebody mentioned Takko's Queen of Hearts as a color I would love and Ruby Quartz as well so I figured I better try the formula before I go crazy trying to hunt them down. On its way to me so I will know soon

I just ordered Passion Fruit too, I've been waiting for months for it to restock! I have both of the others you mention, and I love them too, though I've only worn QoH:
queen of hearts 3.JPG
It became an instant favourite (I'm a sucker for a good red with gold bits in it, my all-time fave is KBShimmer Leaf of Faith!).

Attachments

• queen of hearts 2.JPG
    queen of hearts 2.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 61

PearlyQueen

View attachment 63565

Just had an email, they're launching tomorrow at 11 am pdt (7 pm UK time I think). No descriptions, no swatches. I just can't be doing with these launches anymore, don't have a spare $100 to spend on EPs at a day's notice. I quite like the purple, the turquoise and the fuchsia, but I'm not going to bother.

I was weak :(
I got the purple and aqua holos and the navy duochrome.
Fancied the bright pink too, but when I looked at the description it was a straight shimmer, so I skipped it. Not sure I'd have managed to keep it in my basket anyway, it was sold out by the time I checked out my goodies.

PearlyQueen

I got the purple and turquoise (still available), maybe something else later. I hope they are as intensive as in the pics. Plus, the dollar has gone down which is a nice thing. It’s been a while!

Yay, me too, hope they look as good IRL!
I have to admit, I was also tempted by the Chartreuse one, not sure where my recent love of that colour has come from!

Anitacska

I didn't order. I don't have $50 to spend on 3 polishes without even seeing swatches. I'm planning on spending loads on Tonic and Illyrian and also want to order some LE Different Dimensions before they go away at the end of the month, so I have no money to spend on EP anyway.

Tinkerbell79

The Opi polka dot com nail polish look so fun! I love the Euro Euro color as well. I need to go nail polish shopping - I let me daughter use mine for a sleepover and they didn't close the lids all the way so now they are all dry :-(

PearlyQueen

The Opi polka dot com nail polish look so fun! I love the Euro Euro color as well. I need to go nail polish shopping - I let me daughter use mine for a sleepover and they didn't close the lids all the way so now they are all dry :-(

Oh, how annoying! But a good excuse to buy new!

Anitacska

Oh dear. And that is the reason why no one uses my nail polishes without supervision. Plus my daughter has her own polishes, so that's that.

Anitacska

I've been really busy and stressed out, so not really had time to crop and upload pictures, but I thought I'd show you my Stackry package that came on Monday.

20180326_135227.jpg 20180326_135236.jpg 20180326_135243.jpg

I'm really happy with everything. The Tonics and PfDs are probably my favourite, but I'm generally very pleased with it all. I went a bit mad, but it's my birthday soon, so we'll blame it on that, hahaha!

Anitacska

I actually like the PFD the best this time, but it's not terribly unique.

I was so good not buying anything, but then I just lost my mind and placed orders with C4N, Beautometry, and Mei Mei's. Don't know why it was so easy to skip certain things and then I suddenly needed 10,000 other things. :doh:

Yeah, my favourite is the PfD too.

Ah, never mind, at least you'll have some nice new pretties. I'm like that too, I'll go for a while without buying and then bam!

elkaknits

I think the Tonic is my least favorite in the box. The Polished for Days is my favorite of the three. I also purchased the last box Tonic was in and I haven't worn it yet but loved the others... I think it was a space themed box? Anyway sometimes I think it is easy to get into the hype for a certain brand and you don't judge it appropriately. I mean it might be gorgeous in person but from what I have seen it doesn't look like anything super special.

elkaknits

I just ordered Passion Fruit too, I've been waiting for months for it to restock! I have both of the others you mention, and I love them too, though I've only worn QoH:
View attachment 63594
It became an instant favourite (I'm a sucker for a good red with gold bits in it, my all-time fave is KBShimmer Leaf of Faith!).

I hope this color gets restocked. It looks wonderful and I was really impressed with the formula on the Passion Fruit

elkaknits

I've been really busy and stressed out, so not really had time to crop and upload pictures, but I thought I'd show you my Stackry package that came on Monday.

View attachment 63599 View attachment 63600 View attachment 63601

I'm really happy with everything. The Tonics and PfDs are probably my favourite, but I'm generally very pleased with it all. I went a bit mad, but it's my birthday soon, so we'll blame it on that, hahaha!

I am trying to figure out a polish budget because I go through buy too much and then restraint {coupled with regret} I figure if I have a set amount each month I will be happier. That blue 2nd from left in top row middle picture by KB Shimmer is really lovely. What color is that please?

Anitacska

I am trying to figure out a polish budget because I go through buy too much and then restraint {coupled with regret} I figure if I have a set amount each month I will be happier. That blue 2nd from left in top row middle picture by KB Shimmer is really lovely. What color is that please?

I try to set a budget too and usually fail. For the past few months I've been selling my old unused make up on eBay (I have some really nice high end powders, etc.) and that's mostly paid for my polish purchases, but I'm running out of things to sell!

The blue KBShimmer is Kauai So Blue? It was from the recent HHC sale.

Latest posts