Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

MACina

Pretty mani and pedi, Anneri
heart.gif

NN looks great on the toes
thmbup.gif

In a nautical environment, even!

Honi

Thank you all, she is fine now but she had me a little bit scared. The vet assured me she would be fine, now she just looks like a pirate (All she needs is an eyepatch). :heart:

lyseD

I think it looks gorgeous. What shade is it?

Thank you.

Quote:

I broke one of my nails (again!) and wanted a neutral polish for a change, so I opted for a Chanel Frenzy dupe I own:

Not sure if I should wear this or if it clashes with my skintone.

And here's Naughty Nautical on my toes:

In a nautical environment, even!

Anneri

Thank you lyse! I got it from a German discounter store called Aldi (not sure if you have them, I think they branched out to the UK already). It's their own cosmetics brand called Lacura, the shade is called Fancy Nude. It's 1.99€ here - while Chanel is about 24€! (And it lasts on my nails longer.) I'm in love, in short!

Corally

Thank you lyse! I got it from a German discounter store called Aldi (not sure if you have them, I think they branched out to the UK already). It's their own cosmetics brand called Lacura, the shade is called Fancy Nude. It's 1.99€ here - while Chanel is about 24€! (And it lasts on my nails longer.) I'm in love, in short!
I didn't even know Aldi had np.:blink: Lovely color! Do you like the formula?

Anneri

Corally, Apparently they specialize in Chanel dupes. ;-) I really love both formula and brush! I learnt about them from a great np blog I posted here before - chahevu.

honey on boost

So I saw a member of a NP group try this combo and it was so gorgeous I just had to try it. A sweet friend sent me Azure as a gift
heart.gif
and I added China Glaze Atlantis on top. The result is amazing! Especially under lights.

MACina

th_worship.gif
....this is an awesome combo, honey on boost
eyelove.gif

SUMMER all the way
flower.gif

So I saw a member of a NP group try this combo and it was so gorgeous I just had to try it. A sweet friend sent me Azure as a gift
heart.gif
and I added China Glaze Atlantis on top. The result is amazing! Especially under lights.

Corally

Corally, Apparently they specialize in Chanel dupes. ;-) I really love both formula and brush! I learnt about them from a great np blog I posted here before - chahevu.
I have an Aldi like 5 min. away from me. Looks like I need to visit it soon! :haha:

CartoonChic

Dior Nail Sparkling Powders

The front of back of the box. It's made of a thick paper. I had a hard time opening the side flap and creased the paper.

This is the inner box. The real box. Inside is the tray that holds the polish. You can see the little satin handle on the side to pull it out.

The first thing I see after pulling out the tray is my limited edition certificate with my edition number. On the back of it are the directions.

Finally the polish! I can't remember if I put the powders back into the tray in the right order. The powders are minis.

Here's a swatch of the powders after I applied top coat the night before. Not so sparkly.

I removed my first attempt from the previous night and reapplied the powders so you can see the amazing sparkle. Messy!
I did a much better job of putting the excess powder back into the bottle this time around.

After applying the powders a second time, I realize I was wrong about the brush. It's not a hard stick, but an actual brush. It's just very stiff. I cleaned it with polish remover after use to discover the truth.

Voilà! The finished result. I used a cuticle stick to trace around the cuticle to define the nail shape. I also used a cotton swab dipped in water for clean up. Water is your best friend for clean up in this case. Polish remover didn't do anything.

Still, my pics fail to show off the amazing sparkle. I made a video to truly show the sparkle effect, but I'm unable to upload it. I don't have a YouTube account or anything similar. I wish I could post it for you to see.

Anneri

Do you have an Instagram account,CC? You can upload videos there too! Your nails look absolutely amazing. As do yours, HOB!

CartoonChic

So I've been dying to paint my nails lately but my kitty started getting sick yesterday and her eye was hanging weirdly (Hello pirate cat) so I had to take her to the vet today and she has an eye infection and was very distressed... Love checking in here and seeing all your pretty manis.
I hope your kitty gets better very soon!

Latest posts