Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

MRV

Thank you! Nope, I don't have anything. I know any social networking page I create will eventually be abandoned.
Very true!

I got my Bisbee today!!
th_happy1.gif

Medgal07

wavey.gif
Lalalish, try a few when there's a sale. I love them, the formula is lovely (I tend to gravitate to the cremes more), and I love the available color range
in the brand. Oh, and the polish names are pretty cute too.
Quote:
jawdrop.gif
....whoa, awesome, Medgal
heart.gif

Medgal07

cheerleader.gif
Anitacska, you didn't lose your head---you USED your head. What an awesome haul! I hope you enjoy the
Essies---I have such a soft spot for that brand.
cheerleader.gif

Does she announce the launches anywhere? I didn't know there was one today.
ssad.gif
How did you know? Ah well, never mind, since I hauled so much today, I can't really complain.

Here's what I got in TK Maxx, plus an Andrea Fulerton duo in Superdrug. I know I moan about Nails Inc polishes but they had such brilliant sets, beautiful colours, and also now I'm not an Essie virgin anymore!
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

wow u really did HAUL didn't u lol. I need no more waity Katy and maybe the blue fall one, is that the silly billy one?
"The blue fall one" is Giddy Kipper (someone who's overly excited) and I think it's my fav of the fall collection.
The shimmer in it is just beautiful! Silly Billy is the orange one & I'm crazy about that one too.

Medgal07

So I've been dying to paint my nails lately but my kitty started getting sick yesterday and her eye was hanging weirdly (Hello pirate cat) so I had to take her to the vet today and she has an eye infection and was very distressed... Love checking in here and seeing all your pretty manis.
Whoa Honi, I hope kitty gets better soon
bouquet.gif

Dominique33

@Medgal : thank you
bouquet.gif

@MRV lol it's very nice !
@Honey on Boost : gorgeous combo !
@CC :
pompom.gif

@ everybody every Npa in this thread,

And I can't follow up, again you ladies did beautiful manis and went too fast ! I tried to do a decent pedi with Guerlain Rouge d'Enfer, well yes it's decent but not perfect !

MACina

I am sure your pedi looks beautiful, Dominique
heart.gif

@Medgal : thank you
bouquet.gif

@MRV lol it's very nice !
@Honey on Boost : gorgeous combo !
@CC :
pompom.gif

@ everybody every Npa in this thread,

And I can't follow up, again you ladies did beautiful manis and went too fast ! I tried to do a decent pedi with Guerlain Rouge d'Enfer, well yes it's decent but not perfect !

Anitacska

Wow! This is insanely beautiful! I have both polishes and should try it too.

So I saw a member of a NP group try this combo and it was so gorgeous I just had to try it. A sweet friend sent me Azure as a gift
heart.gif
and I added China Glaze Atlantis on top. The result is amazing! Especially under lights.

Love the look of the new purple Zoya Pixie Dust polish! Still yet to try the formula, I have all 6 of the summer one, but haven't used them yet. So many polishes, so little time...

Medgal07

Thanks Liz---looking forward to trying them!
Thanks, Corally!

Thanks, Liz! We can only hope so. This actually reminds me of my worst CS experience. I got the BL Backstage set this spring (I think Naughtyp got it, too), but the dumbasses sent me the set without a polish!
angry.gif
Then I took me two weeks to exchange various selected messages before they gave up giving excuses and I got compensated!

Love the green on the left most, too!

Glad to hear the procedure went well and you have some positive news!

Yes, I was surprised!

Awesome haul! Love the Inc sets. I also got a set recently (the Military one), 4 for the price of 1.5 polishes. Fouberts Place was on my list because it's green and Pro Mac is there
girlhaha.gif
!

icon_eek.gif
Essie virgin with 1000+ polishes???!!!
lecture.gif

girlhaha.gif

pompom.gif
Awesome!! Love Silly Billy and Wellies, too!

Yes, and more than two!

Thanks, I want the green, orange, and purple!

Hope she gets well soon!

Ok, back to basics. This is the other Sunday Funday (by Essie).

Medgal07

Thanks Anneri! I love your neutral polish/mani. I think it lends a bit of sophistication & chicness to an all white summer look! Love your
tootsies/naughty pedi, shall we call it!
girlhaha.gif

Yeah I know!
lol.gif
I think because I usually go for more "interesting" polishes, like glitters, holos, multichromes, and while the Essie ones are very nice, they didn't tickle my fancy enough. But the 3 I got for £9.99 are all such gorgeous colours. I got Damsel in a Dress, Beach Bum Blu and Leading Lady. Well, the set originally came with a white polish instead of DiaD, but I switched it with another pack. Naughty naughty.
blush-anim-cl.gif
Love your Essie mani though, very summery! I'd probably jazz it up with some glitter though. I'm a glitter fiend!
girlhaha.gif

Honi, so sorry to hear about your cat.
ssad.gif
Hope she's better soon. I have 3 children and we have 3 cats and I honestly worry about the cats as much as the children. They are all so sweet and lovable.
heart.gif

Here's my current mani, Chanel Taboo. It's gorgeous, but I really wish it looked more like it does in the bottle. I would even back it up then.
winks.gif

Medgal07

CC, this looks like a PROCESS! You'll have to carve out some time to talk me off the ledge when I try to do this on December 30
icon_eek.gif
. I guess I need to

try it before then.
girlhaha.gif
I absolutely love the way that it looks
eyelove.gif
. Thanks for taking the time to show it this way!!!
Dior Nail Sparkling Powders

The front of back of the box. It's made of a thick paper. I had a hard time opening the side flap and creased the paper.

This is the inner box. The real box. Inside is the tray that holds the polish. You can see the little satin handle on the side to pull it out.

The first thing I see after pulling out the tray is my limited edition certificate with my edition number. On the back of it are the directions.

Finally the polish! I can't remember if I put the powders back into the tray in the right order. The powders are minis.

Here's a swatch of the powders after I applied top coat the night before. Not so sparkly.

I removed my first attempt from the previous night and reapplied the powders so you can see the amazing sparkle. Messy!
I did a much better job of putting the excess powder back into the bottle this time around.

After applying the powders a second time, I realize I was wrong about the brush. It's not a hard stick, but an actual brush. It's just very stiff. I cleaned it with polish remover after use to discover the truth.

Voilà! The finished result. I used a cuticle stick to trace around the cuticle to define the nail shape. I also used a cotton swab dipped in water for clean up. Water is your best friend for clean up in this case. Polish remover didn't do anything.

Still, my pics fail to show off the amazing sparkle. I made a video to truly show the sparkle effect, but I'm unable to upload it. I don't have a YouTube account or anything similar. I wish I could post it for you to see.

kimibos

lol.gif
Kimibos, that's CC's logic too. But no I didn't---I also ordered the Dior Sparkle set and two of the Dior fall polishes, Galaxie & Destin. I think I got the
three Chanel Fall NPs at the very end of June or beginning of July because I took one with me when I went on my BD trip. It's so hard not to buy NP
and makeup---I just love the stuff so much!!!
CC has an addict's Logic.
girlhaha.gif
jk CC, we all want your hauls!!

Dominique33

Dior Nail Sparkling Powders

The front of back of the box. It's made of a thick paper. I had a hard time opening the side flap and creased the paper.

This is the inner box. The real box. Inside is the tray that holds the polish. You can see the little satin handle on the side to pull it out.

The first thing I see after pulling out the tray is my limited edition certificate with my edition number. On the back of it are the directions.

Finally the polish! I can't remember if I put the powders back into the tray in the right order. The powders are minis.

Here's a swatch of the powders after I applied top coat the night before. Not so sparkly.

I removed my first attempt from the previous night and reapplied the powders so you can see the amazing sparkle. Messy!
I did a much better job of putting the excess powder back into the bottle this time around.

After applying the powders a second time, I realize I was wrong about the brush. It's not a hard stick, but an actual brush. It's just very stiff. I cleaned it with polish remover after use to discover the truth.

Voilà! The finished result. I used a cuticle stick to trace around the cuticle to define the nail shape. I also used a cotton swab dipped in water for clean up. Water is your best friend for clean up in this case. Polish remover didn't do anything.

Still, my pics fail to show off the amazing sparkle. I made a video to truly show the sparkle effect, but I'm unable to upload it. I don't have a YouTube account or anything similar. I wish I could post it for you to see.
Amazing but too difficult for me ! The 1st one looks like gold ! The black one like black diamonds !

Medgal07

as for now im only going to jump inn the scofflaw wagon. lol getting Enchanteds and EdMs sounds a lit bit scary to me.
CC has an addict's Logic.
girlhaha.gif
jk CC, we all want your hauls!!
iagree.gif
and that's why we understand it---takes one to know one!
girlhaha.gif

Latest posts