Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

She's promised a 10 day TAT, so she'd better deliver! My postbox will be due for emptying mid-September, so that's why I didn't want to wait until the next release to get Estrella, I don't think it would be there by then.
I don't think these will be on time for my Stackry deadline, didn't think at the time, would probably have made more sense to send them to the UK.

PearlyQueen

I now want the Different Dimension! I do like quite a few, but they are either similar to other colours or from makers I don't know. I only want to buy from a handful of makers now, unless the polish is very unique and gorgeous. There seem to be a lot of reds too (Edm, PfD), and while I like them, I'm not in love. I do think you'll like those.

I like a few of the new Glams, the purples in particular and the duochrome bronze one, but again I'm not sure how unique they are. I'm about to commit to the loft conversion, so funds will be very limited going forward.
I have hardly seen any of them yet, but the EdM does float my boat. If the PfD is red too, I suspect I'll be in.
Limited funds sucks...

PearlyQueen

A few recent manis, first up is Tonic Polish Heart on Fire with Femme Fatale An Immortal Soul. Ignore the chip/tipwear, I took the pictures after a whole day at Thorpe Park.

View attachment 66515

View attachment 66516

View attachment 66517

View attachment 66518

Next is Different Dimension Dueling Unicorns with Emily de Molly Divine Conversations. The DD was one of my first ones from the brand. I liked the EdM, but it didn't look as amazing as it does in the bottle. I think it's a bit too dark for the flakies/glitter to show up properly.

View attachment 66519

View attachment 66520

View attachment 66521

And this is Fair Maiden Welcome Christmas with FUN Lacquer Daydreamer. Not great pictures as we were out all day on Hayling Island, but the FM has a nice shift to it.

View attachment 66522

View attachment 66523

View attachment 66524
I love these! Especially the Tonic, the FF and the FUN. Did you have fun at Thorpe Park? I used to love a day there, it's been decades since I had a car to do it though.

Anitacska

I love these! Especially the Tonic, the FF and the FUN. Did you have fun at Thorpe Park? I used to love a day there, it's been decades since I had a car to do it though.

Thanks. No, I don't like Thorpe Park. But I have 3 teenagers, so I have to go. This time I did go on Swarm which was mad, but fun. I normally only do "lame" rides like the Flying Fish and Rumba Rapids.

Anitacska

Anitacska

Posting some more mani pictures to stop me from looking at polishes online. Just had some bad news about the cost of the loft extension, so I definitely need to go on a very low buy (can't say the words no-buy) for a while. I know I don't need any more polishes, I have enough untrieds to last me for about 10 years (to just wear once), but fomo is real and most days nail polish is what takes my mind off things / makes me happy. Oh well, needs must and I will survive.

Anyway, here's my first mani, Bow Polish Gravity with Emily de Molly Dark Forces over black. I really liked the Bow, it worked really well and reminded me of the Northern Lights.

Next is Glam Polish Lullaby with ILNP Ferris Wheel.

My current mani is Glam Polish Second Star to the Right with Illyrian Polish Endless Stream. I really love the Illyrian topper, but also the Glam is very nice too.

My pedi is Femme Fatale Bloodwitch. I don't love this on me, but it'll do for now.

PearlyQueen

No, she's really not approachable. :( She got really arsey when asked about TAT and such in the group too. I'm fully intending to skip the next release. Luckily I don't want the September cotm.
I think if you look at FB the natives are revolting, loads of comments about slow turnaround and pre-tracking status not moving. I just don't believe what she says about shipping any more.
On the plus side, I got my UK delivery at last, polishes were lovely, and didn't get stung for customs as she went down to $19 value this time. So yay! Funnily enough, I don't see any difference between Tortuga's brush and the others, though apparently she shipped before her new brushes arrived...
I still expect a free gift and new brush (ha ha ever hopeful!).

PearlyQueen

Aaw, that sucks. I think I have 4 weeks left, so should be okay.
I'm still waiting on Velvet 2.0 moving out of pre-shipment as well as the last lot to ship, and Stackry is at 38 days... I may just ship when it times out, as I know I want the September COTM and maybe other stuff, so having the box started won't be the end of the world. Though shipping to the UK is now an option again.

PearlyQueen

Posting some more mani pictures to stop me from looking at polishes online. Just had some bad news about the cost of the loft extension, so I definitely need to go on a very low buy (can't say the words no-buy) for a while. I know I don't need any more polishes, I have enough untrieds to last me for about 10 years (to just wear once), but fomo is real and most days nail polish is what takes my mind off things / makes me happy. Oh well, needs must and I will survive.

Anyway, here's my first mani, Bow Polish Gravity with Emily de Molly Dark Forces over black. I really liked the Bow, it worked really well and reminded me of the Northern Lights.

View attachment 66542

View attachment 66543

View attachment 66544

View attachment 66545

Next is Glam Polish Lullaby with ILNP Ferris Wheel.

View attachment 66546

View attachment 66547

My current mani is Glam Polish Second Star to the Right with Illyrian Polish Endless Stream. I really love the Illyrian topper, but also the Glam is very nice too.

View attachment 66548

View attachment 66549

View attachment 66550

My pedi is Femme Fatale Bloodwitch. I don't love this on me, but it'll do for now.

View attachment 66551
Argh, real life sucks, hope the low-buy isn't for too long.
We should do our swap when you're off the shopping treadmill, it will be nice to get something new when you can't buy other stuff. I know it cheered me up getting your decants when I was too broke to shop.
Love the Bow and Dark Forces (I have the other two Forces but not this one). The Glam and Illyrian combo is lovely too.
I don't have a single one of these polishes this time!

Anitacska

I think if you look at FB the natives are revolting, loads of comments about slow turnaround and pre-tracking status not moving. I just don't believe what she says about shipping any more.
On the plus side, I got my UK delivery at last, polishes were lovely, and didn't get stung for customs as she went down to $19 value this time. So yay! Funnily enough, I don't see any difference between Tortuga's brush and the others, though apparently she shipped before her new brushes arrived...
I still expect a free gift and new brush (ha ha ever hopeful!).

No, I don't believe her anymore either. How convenient that the first time she promised a 10 day TAT, none of the polishes actually start moving until 15 days have passed. I just don't understand how it would be possible for the post office to not deal with those packages, why would they keep them there for a week? It just doesn't make sense. I really hope this doesn't happen with the current pre-order, but seeing that she was on holiday for a week as well, I have a feeling there will be a delay.

How interesting that the brush is the same! Hmm. To be honest with you, I wouldn't expect a gift, she'll probably come up with some explanation.

Anitacska

Smoking isn't just bad for your health... cigarette burn on the tip of my right index finger nail, no harm to me but a big black splodge on the mani!

Oh dear! Yes, smoking is terrible! I used to smoke, but I hated the smell and the aftertaste of it, so I stopped. Now I vape which I'd like to give up, but it's another thing to help me through my days, so maybe once life has calmed down for me (if that ever happens?!).

Anitacska

Argh, real life sucks, hope the low-buy isn't for too long.
We should do our swap when you're off the shopping treadmill, it will be nice to get something new when you can't buy other stuff. I know it cheered me up getting your decants when I was too broke to shop.
Love the Bow and Dark Forces (I have the other two Forces but not this one). The Glam and Illyrian combo is lovely too.
I don't have a single one of these polishes this time!

Thank you!

Yes, will sort out the swap soon. On that note, did you order from Glam? I'm sort of counting on you for new Glams, hahaha. I just couldn't justify buying from them as well as all the other stuff I'm wanting and shouldn't have.

I did order from Vapid as it was their last restock, only got 2 polishes, the Spellcaster dupe/improved version and ... This Way Comes which was based on Something Wicked, that I didn't get when they first came out for HHC.

I'm only wanting one or two from PPU and don't know what to do. They wouldn't arrive at Stackry before I have to empty out my box, so should probably order from the UK shop, but I really hate Annette. She's such a deceitful person. Someone posted in the PfD group about their Ploto looking very different from the extremely bright and saturated swatch pictures on Rainbow Connection and Annette started lying about how Shopify must have altered the images (I'm not an expert, but pretty sure that wouldn't happen). Then she quietly went off and changed the pictures back to the original swatch photos. So basically she doctored the images to make the polish more saleable I'm guessing. Ugh, such a shady character.

Anitacska

I'm still waiting on Velvet 2.0 moving out of pre-shipment as well as the last lot to ship, and Stackry is at 38 days... I may just ship when it times out, as I know I want the September COTM and maybe other stuff, so having the box started won't be the end of the world. Though shipping to the UK is now an option again.

It might still arrive in time, fingers crossed. Although yes, the next one won't. :(

PearlyQueen

Thank you!

Yes, will sort out the swap soon. On that note, did you order from Glam? I'm sort of counting on you for new Glams, hahaha. I just couldn't justify buying from them as well as all the other stuff I'm wanting and shouldn't have.

I did order from Vapid as it was their last restock, only got 2 polishes, the Spellcaster dupe/improved version and ... This Way Comes which was based on Something Wicked, that I didn't get when they first came out for HHC.

I'm only wanting one or two from PPU and don't know what to do. They wouldn't arrive at Stackry before I have to empty out my box, so should probably order from the UK shop, but I really hate Annette. She's such a deceitful person. Someone posted in the PfD group about their Ploto looking very different from the extremely bright and saturated swatch pictures on Rainbow Connection and Annette started lying about how Shopify must have altered the images (I'm not an expert, but pretty sure that wouldn't happen). Then she quietly went off and changed the pictures back to the original swatch photos. So basically she doctored the images to make the polish more saleable I'm guessing. Ugh, such a shady character.
I was very restrained but I did buy 5 Glams:
The Mistress of all Evil
Mother Knows Best
Without You I'd Truly Be Dead
Friends on the Other Side
Go On Take a Bite
Could have happily had more, but resisted. Maybe if they're still around next month... Order open obviously, and not shipping till October.
I haven't seen many PPU yet, hoping I hate them all, though the EdM is cute (but I have a couple of very similar polishes).
I hate doctoring pictures to sell polish, I'm fairly convinced Starrily and POP do it a lot (though I have no POP to base that on...)

Latest posts