Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Next mani is Different Dimension Blue Shift with Polished for Days Antarctica.

View attachment 66595

View attachment 66597

This is Blush Lacquers Seychelles with Girly Bits Bouquet Corral.

View attachment 66598

View attachment 66599

View attachment 66600

View attachment 66601

Finally, my current mani, Glam Polish Peace of Mind with Femme Fatale Sinister Calling. Both are oldies, the FF was my oldest untried from the brand. It's not that great, the flipping star glitter is annoying the hell out of me already as one point is sticking up.

View attachment 66602

View attachment 66603

View attachment 66604
These are also cute! I like the DD and the Blush - and I love your star glitters! (I always do - what a shame they're a pain to work with)

Anitacska

Yup, I bought from PPU UK and Illyrian - having the Illyrians sent to the UK because it's still cheaper, just got a few. Not sure what works out cheaper to add to my Stackry with the last lot of Illyrians! Non polish things get expensive because of size, and most polishes are cheaper to send direct. Oh well, we'll see - the HHC Illyrian is a definite!

What did you get? I only got 4 from PPU: Femme Fatale, Different Dimension, Crystal Knockout and Wildfire Lacquer. 2 are new to me brands, hope they don't disappoint. I passed on the Illyrian, it looked a bit meh. Also passed on the Illyrian restock, only saw 2 sets of swatches and neither appealed enough to buy.

Only just seen the HHC Illyrian. It looks nice, but of course there are no swatches. How is she always so behind with everything??

I got my tracking number for the last order and it's been stuck in pre-shipment since Saturday morning. I will ask her to make sure it's moving later today.

I got sucked into the Tonic sale last night. It was going to be the launch of the new soft shimmers collection, but they don't have any bottle caps, so instead did a sale, including 180 more mystery bags (one mystery proto and 2 mystery LE/exclusive polishes per bag), plus there were some Oops polishes available too. It was proper ninja fingers job, like old EP restocks, but I did score a bag and an Oops polish. She said we can e-mail to request the polishes we'd like in the bag, really hope they'll honour it as there were only 2 polishes that I don't own yet: Space Jam Oops and Tonic Appreciation '19. This will be my last package to go to Stackry.

Anitacska

Oh, some pretty things! Love the first IB and GLL combo, very nice. Your ring is cute too! I keep being tempted, but I have almost as much jewellery as I do nail polish...
The purple Picture Polish looks cute, sorry you don't like it. Interesting that the Jindie is another disaster, I've only worn one of mine (admittedly I've only got a couple) and it was a complete nightmare to work with too. It looks pretty on you mind!

I have and used a few from Jindie, don't remember any of them being this bad. Some are holos and duochromes, so that might be why. The PP is a lovely colour, but such a pain. I have a lot of jewellery (and make up and scarves) too and I don't even wear any nowadays, but the ring was only 5 quid, so I caved in.

PearlyQueen

What did you get? I only got 4 from PPU: Femme Fatale, Different Dimension, Crystal Knockout and Wildfire Lacquer. 2 are new to me brands, hope they don't disappoint. I passed on the Illyrian, it looked a bit meh. Also passed on the Illyrian restock, only saw 2 sets of swatches and neither appealed enough to buy.

Only just seen the HHC Illyrian. It looks nice, but of course there are no swatches. How is she always so behind with everything??

I got my tracking number for the last order and it's been stuck in pre-shipment since Saturday morning. I will ask her to make sure it's moving later today.

I got sucked into the Tonic sale last night. It was going to be the launch of the new soft shimmers collection, but they don't have any bottle caps, so instead did a sale, including 180 more mystery bags (one mystery proto and 2 mystery LE/exclusive polishes per bag), plus there were some Oops polishes available too. It was proper ninja fingers job, like old EP restocks, but I did score a bag and an Oops polish. She said we can e-mail to request the polishes we'd like in the bag, really hope they'll honour it as there were only 2 polishes that I don't own yet: Space Jam Oops and Tonic Appreciation '19. This will be my last package to go to Stackry.
I got the Nevr Enuff, P4D and Illyrian. I was unsure, but ended up doing it! I also fancied the EdM but I swear I have at least a couple of identical ones, so I skipped it. I expected you to have it on your list!
Yup, my current order tracking hasn't moved either, but I've just emptied Stackry so it will be the first arrival, that means they can take their time! I originally thought it would arrive last week.
Sounds fun/frustrating with the Tonic sale, hope you get what you want.

Anitacska

I got the Nevr Enuff, P4D and Illyrian. I was unsure, but ended up doing it! I also fancied the EdM but I swear I have at least a couple of identical ones, so I skipped it. I expected you to have it on your list!
Yup, my current order tracking hasn't moved either, but I've just emptied Stackry so it will be the first arrival, that means they can take their time! I originally thought it would arrive last week.
Sounds fun/frustrating with the Tonic sale, hope you get what you want.

I'm not that into red, so the EdM was an easy skip for me. I contemplated the PfD because it looked quite pinkish in some pictures, but passed on it in the end.

I'm the opposite. I need all my packages to arrive by Friday next week. I'm also very dubious about her claims about the post office and want to see how she reacts if she's asked to chase them up before the 15 day TAT is up. I still think she is doing this to buy time, make herself look good with the 10 day TAT and blaming it on the PO.

Anitacska

My Illyrian package has arrived at Stackry. Interestingly it started moving shortly after I asked Vanessa about it, but some people's packages are still sitting in pre-shipment. Hmm.

I'm just waiting for my Vapid order to arrive (due on Monday) and then I'll empty my postbox. Hoping to keep it empty for a while, it would help with costs and also hopefully I'll buy less that way.

PearlyQueen

My Illyrian package has arrived at Stackry. Interestingly it started moving shortly after I asked Vanessa about it, but some people's packages are still sitting in pre-shipment. Hmm.

I'm just waiting for my Vapid order to arrive (due on Monday) and then I'll empty my postbox. Hoping to keep it empty for a while, it would help with costs and also hopefully I'll buy less that way.

Mine is due to be delivered on Monday. I'm annoyed with myself for not shipping direct with this one, now I have an open box, so I need to shop more! My last Stackry shipment cost nearly £100 because I added a handbag to it, I'm finding I don't want enough polish these days to justify the fees. Oh well... too late now, and at least HHC will add to it, even if just one polish.

Anitacska

Mine is due to be delivered on Monday. I'm annoyed with myself for not shipping direct with this one, now I have an open box, so I need to shop more! My last Stackry shipment cost nearly £100 because I added a handbag to it, I'm finding I don't want enough polish these days to justify the fees. Oh well... too late now, and at least HHC will add to it, even if just one polish.

Did you buy the Illyrian? I think I'll skip it and just get the FF. Not sure I like the jelly/crelly base. It looks very sheer in some of the swatches.

Anitacska

Here are my recent manis. First is Lilypad Lacquer Take Me Away with Glam Polish Schadenfreude.

Next is Emily de Molly Lost in Paradise with Glam Polish We're Simply Meant to Be.

This is Cupcake Polish Milky Way with Lilypad Lacquer Mythical Legend.

My current mani is Vapid Lacquer Problem Child with Emily de Molly It's Sunday Somewhere.

PearlyQueen

Did you buy the Illyrian? I think I'll skip it and just get the FF. Not sure I like the jelly/crelly base. It looks very sheer in some of the swatches.
I did buy it - might not have bothered if Stackry wasn't already started (previous Illyrians arrived there today). I always thought I was missing out on a lot with HHC, but that's two months in a row I've looked, and all I've bought are the Illyrians!

PearlyQueen

Here are my recent manis. First is Lilypad Lacquer Take Me Away with Glam Polish Schadenfreude.

View attachment 66628

View attachment 66629

Next is Emily de Molly Lost in Paradise with Glam Polish We're Simply Meant to Be.

View attachment 66630

View attachment 66631

View attachment 66632

This is Cupcake Polish Milky Way with Lilypad Lacquer Mythical Legend.

View attachment 66633

View attachment 66634

View attachment 66635

My current mani is Vapid Lacquer Problem Child with Emily de Molly It's Sunday Somewhere.

View attachment 66636

View attachment 66637
Nice! I really like your green mani! I've also worn Schadenfreude, and I loved it!
I see first images are up on Halloween Horror Shop, so many pretty things, it's always an expensive release for me! On bottles only, I see about 10-12 I fancy.

Anitacska

I did buy it - might not have bothered if Stackry wasn't already started (previous Illyrians arrived there today). I always thought I was missing out on a lot with HHC, but that's two months in a row I've looked, and all I've bought are the Illyrians!

Nah, I only ever want one or two polishes from HHC at most. It's weird because I always like loads from PPU.

Anitacska

Nice! I really like your green mani! I've also worn Schadenfreude, and I loved it!
I see first images are up on Halloween Horror Shop, so many pretty things, it's always an expensive release for me! On bottles only, I see about 10-12 I fancy.

Thank you. My favourite was the blue EdM/Glam pairing, the Glam is so pretty with all the flakies.

I have seen the bottle shots and some swatches and I like about 5 or 6. Don't want any of the glitter ones and there are a few reds that I'm sure you love, I'm more interested in the purples and the two greyish ones with flakies.

Anitacska

My Stackry stuff is on its way. I paid for FedEx priority as it was only $1 more, hoping it'll be here by Friday. Shipping, consolidation, etc. was £88 something, so definitely not cheap. Once again I have a lot of polishes in there and a couple of Vapids for others, so all in all it's not too bad, but going forward I'm going to try to avoid using it. Maybe I'll start a new box around Black Friday if I see any good sales. I bought the HHC Femme Fatale through the UK group buy, will also use the PPU UK shop going forward and have my Tonics shipped directly. The rest we'll see.

Latest posts