Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Thank you. My favourite was the blue EdM/Glam pairing, the Glam is so pretty with all the flakies.

I have seen the bottle shots and some swatches and I like about 5 or 6. Don't want any of the glitter ones and there are a few reds that I'm sure you love, I'm more interested in the purples and the two greyish ones with flakies.
We probably overlap on some of the purples, but I'm not into the grey ones! Of course you're right about the reds!

PearlyQueen

My Stackry stuff is on its way. I paid for FedEx priority as it was only $1 more, hoping it'll be here by Friday. Shipping, consolidation, etc. was £88 something, so definitely not cheap. Once again I have a lot of polishes in there and a couple of Vapids for others, so all in all it's not too bad, but going forward I'm going to try to avoid using it. Maybe I'll start a new box around Black Friday if I see any good sales. I bought the HHC Femme Fatale through the UK group buy, will also use the PPU UK shop going forward and have my Tonics shipped directly. The rest we'll see.
I feel that, my last one was the same - I end up getting one or two polishes here and there to try not to just have 5 of them in a single order coming, and the individual $3 to all the sellers plus the consolidation ends up being a small fortune. I've been cutting it back until recently, last time I wanted some destash Illyrians so I went for it, sent some other Illyrians to make it up, added a couple of extras elsewhere, now I'm caught out with Illyrians arriving too late, so here we go again!
BF is probably worthwhile, at the moment I'm thinking Polished for Days, Different Dimension and Emily de Molly in addition to Illyrians, but they might end up being cheaper direct again. It's not like the old days! The dangerous goods stuff changed it from cheap to expensive, and the cutting back on buying made it worse. It's like denying yourself costs more than it used to giving in to temptation!

Anitacska

I feel that, my last one was the same - I end up getting one or two polishes here and there to try not to just have 5 of them in a single order coming, and the individual $3 to all the sellers plus the consolidation ends up being a small fortune. I've been cutting it back until recently, last time I wanted some destash Illyrians so I went for it, sent some other Illyrians to make it up, added a couple of extras elsewhere, now I'm caught out with Illyrians arriving too late, so here we go again!
BF is probably worthwhile, at the moment I'm thinking Polished for Days, Different Dimension and Emily de Molly in addition to Illyrians, but they might end up being cheaper direct again. It's not like the old days! The dangerous goods stuff changed it from cheap to expensive, and the cutting back on buying made it worse. It's like denying yourself costs more than it used to giving in to temptation!

Yes, I'm planning on PfD haul too, but I don't think EdM does BF, I think she does a Boxing Day sale instead. I'm almost completely caught up with Different Dimension, although I like a couple of the new Alien ones.

Anitacska

Here's my Stackry haul. Don't judge, I've not been good - again. My last package didn't have any Tonics, and then she did the proto sale and another sale....

I also bought a couple of polishes from Nail Artisan, they're both exclusives.

PearlyQueen

Yes, I'm planning on PfD haul too, but I don't think EdM does BF, I think she does a Boxing Day sale instead. I'm almost completely caught up with Different Dimension, although I like a couple of the new Alien ones.
Interesting, I've never looked at EdM before, so that would be money saved then! I guess she's Aussie not US so it makes sense. It's a few of the new Alien DDs I've mostly been looking at, not a brand I really buy but I like those. (I don't expect they're overly different from my other flakies mind!) Maybe something else will come along by then, I've not mentioned Pahlish yet for instance, though I caught up recently and haven't been getting much from them for over a year.

PearlyQueen

Here's my Stackry haul. Don't judge, I've not been good - again. My last package didn't have any Tonics, and then she did the proto sale and another sale....

View attachment 66644

View attachment 66645

I also bought a couple of polishes from Nail Artisan, they're both exclusives.

View attachment 66646
Haha, that's a Tonic frenzy! They do look very nice. I also love your Vapids, I guess I'm a bit late to that party though! And of course Illyrians are cool as always. Is that a sneaky P4D haul at the bottom?

PearlyQueen

I haven't decided, but will let you know. I need to see more swatches. What about you?
I'm also awaiting more swatches before I decide - I noted down the stuff I'm currently thinking of, but I can't remember which are which!
My Bloody Valentine, Child's Play and the Vampire Diaries are the reds, I Know What You Did Last Summer is teal, I also have A Night In Terror Tower, Most Likely to Die, The Craft, Wolf Creek - and two of the trio as well, not the green one. I'm also wavering on American Poltergeist, Are You Afraid of the Dark and Slender Man, but I'm honestly not certain which is which from all of these!

Anitacska

Haha, that's a Tonic frenzy! They do look very nice. I also love your Vapids, I guess I'm a bit late to that party though! And of course Illyrians are cool as always. Is that a sneaky P4D haul at the bottom?

I do love myself some Tonics! Yes, Vapid is closed (for now anyway, they said it's not 100% that they won't reopen at some point). I do love the Illyrians, Kaleidoscope is so pretty, not sure why I wanted to pass on it. I only got it for free shipping. The PfDs are from a destash, someone was selling The Upside Down and she had the two prototypes too, so I snapped them up. They're both flakies. The 4 assorted polishes on the bottom right are from PPU by the way.

Anitacska

I'm also awaiting more swatches before I decide - I noted down the stuff I'm currently thinking of, but I can't remember which are which!
My Bloody Valentine, Child's Play and the Vampire Diaries are the reds, I Know What You Did Last Summer is teal, I also have A Night In Terror Tower, Most Likely to Die, The Craft, Wolf Creek - and two of the trio as well, not the green one. I'm also wavering on American Poltergeist, Are You Afraid of the Dark and Slender Man, but I'm honestly not certain which is which from all of these!

Based on the bottle shots and a few swatches I've seen I want The Twilight Zone, Urban Legend and The Haunting of Hill House the most. but I also like American Poltergeist, Are You Afraid of the Dark, A Night in Terror Tower and Most Likely to Die (mostly purples). Maybe The Craft too, not sure. So we seem to have 4 or 5 that overlap. We could split those between us. I'm not really planning on buying more than 5 or 6. I still have a few on my list from older releases too, but not sure if I really want them and how many exactly.

PearlyQueen

Based on the bottle shots and a few swatches I've seen I want The Twilight Zone, Urban Legend and The Haunting of Hill House the most. but I also like American Poltergeist, Are You Afraid of the Dark, A Night in Terror Tower and Most Likely to Die (mostly purples). Maybe The Craft too, not sure. So we seem to have 4 or 5 that overlap. We could split those between us. I'm not really planning on buying more than 5 or 6. I still have a few on my list from older releases too, but not sure if I really want them and how many exactly.
I've just read this back and I realised it wasn't Are You Afraid of the Dark I was after, it was The Haunting of Hill House (d'oh!!). Other than that, happy to split them between us, pending further swatch shots so we can make our final decisions of course!

Anitacska

I've just read this back and I realised it wasn't Are You Afraid of the Dark I was after, it was The Haunting of Hill House (d'oh!!). Other than that, happy to split them between us, pending further swatch shots so we can make our final decisions of course!

Yeah, that's fine. I'm not 100% sold on that one yet myself.

Wow, I've just been looking at my spreadsheet and I've only bought 5 Glams this year (of which I promptly sold one). So weird, I thought it was more than that. I do have a good few on my swap list, but even with those it's not that many considering it's the brand I used to buy most from.

PearlyQueen

Yeah, that's fine. I'm not 100% sold on that one yet myself.

Wow, I've just been looking at my spreadsheet and I've only bought 5 Glams this year (of which I promptly sold one). So weird, I thought it was more than that. I do have a good few on my swap list, but even with those it's not that many considering it's the brand I used to buy most from.
Wow, that's not many at all! I know you keep saying you'll get decants from me every time there's a new release, but I didn't expect that!

Anitacska

Wow, that's not many at all! I know you keep saying you'll get decants from me every time there's a new release, but I didn't expect that!

Even with my swap wishlist it's not that many! There were releases I wasn't interested in anything at all. I do want 4 from the last 2 releases and I think I'll probably go for 5 or 6 from this one, so that will triple the amount I will have bought all year!

Still trying to figure out what to do, I will let you know by Thursday so we can prepare for the launch. I'm pretty certain on the 3 I mentioned above (although now debating Urban Legend), but now I also really like 3, 4, Better Lock Your Door. I think I may go for Most Likely to Die and/or Are You Afraid of the Dark too. Ugh, too many.

Latest posts