Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

So far just the PfD, not too many of those either - I just made the discount shopping total, skipped all the mystery bundles too as they would probably have stuff I own already. It was a major palaver sorting them out, first I messed up the time of launch, then I crashed my laptop to a point where it would not work. Then the 1am launch I expected never happened, finally went to bed around 2 after spending half an hour trying to find the power supply for my old laptop. Missed launch time at 3, but woke at 4:30 and decided to go for it. Laptop still dead, so used the old one, it was soooo slow, finally got it up and running, filled the basket veeerrrryyyy sloooooowly, nearly had a fit when I saw the shipping costs, took some stuff out, realising I'd never get to the second free gift or higher shipping discount without spending a fortune, spent about 10 minutes trying to find the place to put the code for shipping discount, then got blue screen of death just as I was paying. Rebooted, spent another 10 minutes waiting for it to start Firefox, then the browser decided it needed to update.... 10 minutes later got going again, filled basket very slowly again, realised it had saved my old basket, emptied out all the duplicates, finally made the payment and it was 5:45! Fell asleep, got up at 8, now I'm knackered...
If I don't get the bloody free polish after that, I will NOT be happy!!!!
Anyhow, I'll look at Illyrian and hopfully get some cool stuff though I'm not convinced they'll have much or sufficient stock. Then I'll decide if I can afford Alchemy and Lemming orders I have ready to go. I'll also have a look at Vapid since I like yours so much! There are a couple of Pahlishes I love, but too expensive to ship for just 2. I'll also have a look at Potion later, not expecting anything. And there are a few cheap non-polish things I want to pick up too. I'm skipping Glam this month too, there are a couple I like, but the one I skipped last month is not on the UK site this time, so I'll wait and see if I can get the others next time.
By the way, Jenna finally emailed me and has sent a replacement FTLOP box.

Blimey, what a palaver! I got tired just reading it. You see I was wise, logged in, added everything to my cart (except Amelia that only went up when the sale started), woke up (4.30 am I think), checked out, job done, lol. Same with EdM, only she messed up her own time, so didn't launch at 2 am, but once I got the PfDs, I bought those too, nothing was gone, besides nothing was limited as far as I know.

I got 12 EdMs and quite a lot of PfDs, but no mysteries, I bought everything from PPU/FTLOP that I wanted - except for Harbour Beach, but I'll try to buy that in a destash. Someone has offered already, apparently once she wears her polishes, she sells them (very wise!), so I'm on her "waiting list", hahaha.

Enchanted has launched their winter collection, so far only posted swatches for 2 polishes, but I probably won't buy anyway, I need to save money - I have to keep saying this to myself!

PearlyQueen

Wonder what's going on with Vanessa, the shop still isn't open and the radio silence continues.
I have been feeling for a while she's not coping with the business for whatever reason. I hope she's OK, maybe she needs to take a break from it for a while - but I also hope she doesn't let down the people still waiting for orders. I have to admit I was a bit concerned that if I did order today there would be further issues to follow, though of course Paypal tends to cover you. I remember the hassles I had with Ninja a few BFs ago, and it was a similar build-up, revealed as mental health issues in the end. Hopefully I'm over-reacting though.

Anitacska

I have been feeling for a while she's not coping with the business for whatever reason. I hope she's OK, maybe she needs to take a break from it for a while - but I also hope she doesn't let down the people still waiting for orders. I have to admit I was a bit concerned that if I did order today there would be further issues to follow, though of course Paypal tends to cover you. I remember the hassles I had with Ninja a few BFs ago, and it was a similar build-up, revealed as mental health issues in the end. Hopefully I'm over-reacting though.

Well, whatever it is, apparently she's okay and has rescheduled the sale for Cyber Monday. I still find it very odd that she's not posting in the group at all.

boschicka

What have you all bought from the Black Friday sales? I bought from Emily de Molly and Polished for Days, and I think that's going to be it. Luckily Tonic aren't doing any promotions and I've decided against buying from Glam Polish this month. Apparently the Illyrian sale starts at 12 pm CST, but it just says it's an open stock sale, so I probably won't bother. Plus she hasn't even posted any info, or even replied to anything in the group (or e-mails by the sound of it), so I'm not happy about buying from her. I don't even remember anything that I especially wanted from the last couple of releases.

Not much for me. Just a random polish or two here and there. I think I'm losing interest in chasing things. Polishes are too similar and I lack the energy.

boschicka

So far just the PfD, not too many of those either - I just made the discount shopping total, skipped all the mystery bundles too as they would probably have stuff I own already. It was a major palaver sorting them out, first I messed up the time of launch, then I crashed my laptop to a point where it would not work. Then the 1am launch I expected never happened, finally went to bed around 2 after spending half an hour trying to find the power supply for my old laptop. Missed launch time at 3, but woke at 4:30 and decided to go for it. Laptop still dead, so used the old one, it was soooo slow, finally got it up and running, filled the basket veeerrrryyyy sloooooowly, nearly had a fit when I saw the shipping costs, took some stuff out, realising I'd never get to the second free gift or higher shipping discount without spending a fortune, spent about 10 minutes trying to find the place to put the code for shipping discount, then got blue screen of death just as I was paying. Rebooted, spent another 10 minutes waiting for it to start Firefox, then the browser decided it needed to update.... 10 minutes later got going again, filled basket very slowly again, realised it had saved my old basket, emptied out all the duplicates, finally made the payment and it was 5:45! Fell asleep, got up at 8, now I'm knackered...
If I don't get the bloody free polish after that, I will NOT be happy!!!!
Anyhow, I'll look at Illyrian and hopfully get some cool stuff though I'm not convinced they'll have much or sufficient stock. Then I'll decide if I can afford Alchemy and Lemming orders I have ready to go. I'll also have a look at Vapid since I like yours so much! There are a couple of Pahlishes I love, but too expensive to ship for just 2. I'll also have a look at Potion later, not expecting anything. And there are a few cheap non-polish things I want to pick up too. I'm skipping Glam this month too, there are a couple I like, but the one I skipped last month is not on the UK site this time, so I'll wait and see if I can get the others next time.
By the way, Jenna finally emailed me and has sent a replacement FTLOP box.

Such perseverance! My patience would have given out.

Anitacska

My biggest issue with ordering from Illyrian is that she's been so unresponsive, I don't have any faith in her attempting to sort out any issues that may arise. I probably won't have anything sent to Stackry again and I don't want to fork out $18 on shipping either. She's definitely put me off ordering from her.

That said, I received Flame Aura Quartz yesterday and it's beautiful. (I also got FF Misery, here's a picture.)

IMG_20191130_140746981.jpg

Anitacska

I'm an idiot and forgot that the PPU UK store opened today. I was going to order from there as I only want 5 polishes and this way I wouldn't have to use Stackry again until January, but the Painted Polish is now sold out, so I guess I'll have to order from the main site tomorrow.

And now I've seen the post about the Illyrian sale, the 35% discount and some of the new polishes are tempting me, and since I'll be using Stackry anyway, I might as well order...

PearlyQueen

Blimey, what a palaver! I got tired just reading it. You see I was wise, logged in, added everything to my cart (except Amelia that only went up when the sale started), woke up (4.30 am I think), checked out, job done, lol. Same with EdM, only she messed up her own time, so didn't launch at 2 am, but once I got the PfDs, I bought those too, nothing was gone, besides nothing was limited as far as I know.

I got 12 EdMs and quite a lot of PfDs, but no mysteries, I bought everything from PPU/FTLOP that I wanted - except for Harbour Beach, but I'll try to buy that in a destash. Someone has offered already, apparently once she wears her polishes, she sells them (very wise!), so I'm on her "waiting list", hahaha.

Enchanted has launched their winter collection, so far only posted swatches for 2 polishes, but I probably won't buy anyway, I need to save money - I have to keep saying this to myself!
I did try that, but it lost them! Well done on your restraint! I ended up getting Lemmings and Alchemies and one Pahlish since I'd started a Stackry box. Plus the pfDs.

PearlyQueen

My biggest issue with ordering from Illyrian is that she's been so unresponsive, I don't have any faith in her attempting to sort out any issues that may arise. I probably won't have anything sent to Stackry again and I don't want to fork out $18 on shipping either. She's definitely put me off ordering from her.

That said, I received Flame Aura Quartz yesterday and it's beautiful. (I also got FF Misery, here's a picture.)

View attachment 66931
Told you it was nice!

PearlyQueen

I'm an idiot and forgot that the PPU UK store opened today. I was going to order from there as I only want 5 polishes and this way I wouldn't have to use Stackry again until January, but the Painted Polish is now sold out, so I guess I'll have to order from the main site tomorrow.

And now I've seen the post about the Illyrian sale, the 35% discount and some of the new polishes are tempting me, and since I'll be using Stackry anyway, I might as well order...
Shame about PPU, and having to do Stackry again. Did you go for Illyrians in the end? I got several, kind of regretting skipping Meta now but I ordered LFC Squishy, Agua Azul, BF1, Ferngully, Rainbow Fish, Ember, Hecate, Moonbow, Polaris and Frankenstein's Monster - hoping she keeps her word re refunding shipping as I passed the limit for it. I fear I'll be chasing that as long as I have been for my Tortuga brush and gift! (Still nothing by the way!) It would be nice if I got one of the free polishes, but I seriously doubt it - 10 won't go very far, I expect people buying less than me would be the winners there.

Anitacska

Shame about PPU, and having to do Stackry again. Did you go for Illyrians in the end? I got several, kind of regretting skipping Meta now but I ordered LFC Squishy, Agua Azul, BF1, Ferngully, Rainbow Fish, Ember, Hecate, Moonbow, Polaris and Frankenstein's Monster - hoping she keeps her word re refunding shipping as I passed the limit for it. I fear I'll be chasing that as long as I have been for my Tortuga brush and gift! (Still nothing by the way!) It would be nice if I got one of the free polishes, but I seriously doubt it - 10 won't go very far, I expect people buying less than me would be the winners there.

I did. I got BF2, Embers, Royal, Hecate and Far From Home 2.0. Slightly regretting not going for Paranormal as well (do you have it?), but never mind. I forgot about the free polish offer, but also I was in the middle of cooking dinner (6 pm restocks are not my friends), so I took a while to order. I won't get free shipping, but the discount more than pays for it anyway. Hope she refunds you. I still find it very odd that she's completely unresponsive in the group. She even disabled comments on her announcement post, I don't get it, people could ask questions in one place rather than in several posts. Also what's the point in saying she'll only reply to e-mails when she doesn't actually reply?

I got all 5 I wanted from PPU, if by some miracle everything arrived by the 16th, I wouldn't have to start a new one. Doubt it, especially with Illyrian (although she's promised to ship everything by the 10th, but we all know what that means). Ah well, we'll see.

Anitacska

I finally got my polishes from the Femme Fatale UK group buy, some of these go back to July. There aren't many people taking part nowadays, so the group buy included 4 months, plus the organiser was ill and didn't manage to give the polishes to her ex-colleagues (she used to work near me and someone was going to bring the polishes back from her, but it didn't happen), but finally she managed to come this way on Sunday. I'm not ordering from this month's collection, they look nice, but I just can't afford everything and they have started to look a bit samey now. Also Glam, nice, but can't afford and I'm sure I have plenty similar ones. Ah well.

Anyway, here are the Femme Fatales:

IMG_20191201_135119393.jpg

PearlyQueen

I did. I got BF2, Embers, Royal, Hecate and Far From Home 2.0. Slightly regretting not going for Paranormal as well (do you have it?), but never mind. I forgot about the free polish offer, but also I was in the middle of cooking dinner (6 pm restocks are not my friends), so I took a while to order. I won't get free shipping, but the discount more than pays for it anyway. Hope she refunds you. I still find it very odd that she's completely unresponsive in the group. She even disabled comments on her announcement post, I don't get it, people could ask questions in one place rather than in several posts. Also what's the point in saying she'll only reply to e-mails when she doesn't actually reply?

I got all 5 I wanted from PPU, if by some miracle everything arrived by the 16th, I wouldn't have to start a new one. Doubt it, especially with Illyrian (although she's promised to ship everything by the 10th, but we all know what that means). Ah well, we'll see.
Hi hun, I do have Paranormal already, it's nice. I see the Illyrian customers are all hacked off again, she needs to address CS - for me, it's about honesty re shipping and answering emails and posts, I'm not one to normally stress about delivery times (unless I'm anxiously awaiting a Stackry deadline). The thing that has annoyed me most re the brush and gift not arriving is that I never asked for them - she made the offer! I could happily have waited to ship when she was ready, would have been just as happy with a $1 voucher and a brush with my next order, but she offered a gift and hasn't delivered. I know it's petty (I can't even tell much of a difference re the brush) and I've been surprised that I seemed to be the only one hassling her about it - but I see a few others have mentioned it now, so maybe one day she'll address it (not holding my breath lol). I think she's massively abusing trust now though. I sent my BF order to Stackry, so she's got 6 weeks to get it to me, that surely must be long enough...

PearlyQueen

I finally got my polishes from the Femme Fatale UK group buy, some of these go back to July. There aren't many people taking part nowadays, so the group buy included 4 months, plus the organiser was ill and didn't manage to give the polishes to her ex-colleagues (she used to work near me and someone was going to bring the polishes back from her, but it didn't happen), but finally she managed to come this way on Sunday. I'm not ordering from this month's collection, they look nice, but I just can't afford everything and they have started to look a bit samey now. Also Glam, nice, but can't afford and I'm sure I have plenty similar ones. Ah well.

Anyway, here are the Femme Fatales:

View attachment 66934
Very nice! I really like the second one in the bottle. It sounds like a bit of a pain with the delivery though. I'm feeling much the same with the Glams, if there were others coming out I loved I'd definitely order that red one, but I doubt it looks much different to my at least a dozen other red Glam flakeys - not to mention the ones from other brands! I'm not a fan of the new winter trio about to launch, really not my thing.

PearlyQueen

I'm wearing Illyrian Charybdis again this week:
charybdis 5.JPG

My poor thumb has had a side break for a couple of weeks, it finally got too deep to ignore so it's not looking it's best sadly.

Latest posts