Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

So I didn't know this, but someone pointed out that Amy is listed as admin again in the group and has been there for 3 weeks. So why isn't she liasing with Vanessa and providing information?

Vanessa promised that the current orders will go out by tomorrow, I'm very curious to see if that'll happen. I don't think my PPU order will make it to Stackry by Friday either, I will empty out my box anyway, so there's no urgency, but she needs to sort out her TAT and stop lying about the PO holding onto / misplacing packages for days/weeks. And stop launching new polishes when she hasn't even processed the previous orders. And stop deleting posts and start communicating. If she doesn't, I honestly don't think I will order from her again. I shouldn't be buying polish now anyway.

Anitacska

Ha, well, this is funny. Amy replied to someone's question about what e-mail address to use if they haven't received their order and then promptly turned off commenting. It's like you're not allowed to raise any issues in the Illyrian group now. Meanwhile the website says there's a new pre-order on Friday. Mmm, I think I will be skipping that.

I did get my shipping notice last night, but we'll see how long the tracking sits in pre-shipment.

Anitacska

Anne, have you got your replacement FTLOP box yet? Someone said in one of the groups that their tracking was weird again, not moving at all. She's also in the UK.

Anitacska

Very nice! I really like the second one in the bottle. It sounds like a bit of a pain with the delivery though. I'm feeling much the same with the Glams, if there were others coming out I loved I'd definitely order that red one, but I doubt it looks much different to my at least a dozen other red Glam flakeys - not to mention the ones from other brands! I'm not a fan of the new winter trio about to launch, really not my thing.

It used to be great when Helen worked nearby, but she actually lives north of London, so I either pay for postage or wait for her to visit her old colleagues near here. It's not a huge urgency, just a bit frustrating. I didn't order from FF this time and only ordered 4 last time, so I might ask her to just post those to me once she has them.

I like the dark purple/taupe Glam from the trio, but not going to order right now.

Anitacska

I received my Girly Bits order last weekend. I was getting a bit worried as it took over 2 weeks to arrive, I thought it might have been lost or got caught by customs. All good luckily.

IMG_20191207_140008998.jpg

PearlyQueen

So I didn't know this, but someone pointed out that Amy is listed as admin again in the group and has been there for 3 weeks. So why isn't she liasing with Vanessa and providing information?

Vanessa promised that the current orders will go out by tomorrow, I'm very curious to see if that'll happen. I don't think my PPU order will make it to Stackry by Friday either, I will empty out my box anyway, so there's no urgency, but she needs to sort out her TAT and stop lying about the PO holding onto / misplacing packages for days/weeks. And stop launching new polishes when she hasn't even processed the previous orders. And stop deleting posts and start communicating. If she doesn't, I honestly don't think I will order from her again. I shouldn't be buying polish now anyway.

Weird, I assumed when someone like Amy came back we'd get some updates, but nothing. I got a shipping notice for mine, but of course no actual shipping - that said, I'm hopeful this time because it wasn't a pre-order and assuming she wasn't lying about that there won't be any "making" time to add. I've set my heart on Blackberry and Little Fluffy Clouds so I'm keeping an open mind about whether to order on Friday - it's not like anything I've paid for has not arrived, just the extra brush and gift are missing. It has definitely put me off though, I hate the insecurity of it all.

PearlyQueen

Anne, have you got your replacement FTLOP box yet? Someone said in one of the groups that their tracking was weird again, not moving at all. She's also in the UK.
No, I emailed her about it at the weekend as it had stalled again for another 9 days or so - she got back to me and said there were about 7 international packages with the same issue, but this time it had made some movements and she was already chasing it without my input. It's nice when someone shows some care!

PearlyQueen

You really must like this! I only ever wear a polish twice by accident, hahaha!
Haha, I like to get some extra wear out of the ones I love, if I prefer them to the untrieds I've bought since. I often go back to old untrieds and am very much underwhelmed. Tastes change, and even ones I loved back in the day sometimes are no longer my "thing" so enjoy them while they're flavour of the month is my new motto!

Anitacska

Weird, I assumed when someone like Amy came back we'd get some updates, but nothing. I got a shipping notice for mine, but of course no actual shipping - that said, I'm hopeful this time because it wasn't a pre-order and assuming she wasn't lying about that there won't be any "making" time to add. I've set my heart on Blackberry and Little Fluffy Clouds so I'm keeping an open mind about whether to order on Friday - it's not like anything I've paid for has not arrived, just the extra brush and gift are missing. It has definitely put me off though, I hate the insecurity of it all.

I don't even know what's launching on Friday and I hate the lack of proper swatches, so I'm definitely sitting it out. Nothing I've ordered has gone missing or anything, she cost me a few pennies in Stackry late fees once, but that's all. However, the whole not replying to messages and tags, turning off commenting and deleting posts has left a really bad taste in my mouth. Also the dishonesty about when she's actually shipping things.

Incidentally, my tracking has updated and shows Friday as delivery date. How funny that the post office didn't lose this order?!

Last edited:

Anitacska

No, I emailed her about it at the weekend as it had stalled again for another 9 days or so - she got back to me and said there were about 7 international packages with the same issue, but this time it had made some movements and she was already chasing it without my input. It's nice when someone shows some care!

Hmm, I've just heard from the other lady that her package has arrived, but it had the same tracking number and same sticker on it as the first one, and she reckons these were somehow not dropped off and they're not actual replacements as Jenna claims. Anyway, hope yours arrives soon.

Anitacska

Haha, I like to get some extra wear out of the ones I love, if I prefer them to the untrieds I've bought since. I often go back to old untrieds and am very much underwhelmed. Tastes change, and even ones I loved back in the day sometimes are no longer my "thing" so enjoy them while they're flavour of the month is my new motto!

Fair enough. I just feel guilty about not using older polishes, it feels like I wasted all that money (which is kinda true) if I then don't use them. I still mainly use polishes from my most favourite brands, but I try to sneak in some older ones sometimes.

Anitacska

Ugh, Lindsey posted that Tonic have been warned not to declare lower value on their packages or they won't be allowed to ship internationally. I was hoping to order in January and have it sent here, but that's not going to work. Looks like I need to keep using my Stackry package.

On that note, someone said that DHL have been refusing to allow packages in the UK from Stackry if they think it's marked too low. I use FedEx nowadays, but that's still worrying. I have a lot of polish in there right now, I'll have to think of a realistic amount to declare without having to pay too much tax. Ugh.

boschicka

Me again! Have you seen the statement Vanessa posted in the Illyrian group? Basically from now on noone is allowed to post about any issues or they'll be booted from the group. Way to go!
And then all the suck-up comments under that post?!? I wish people would grow spines. They don't even have to say anything negative, but they sure don't need to lick her behind when she's scolding her own customers. The whole thing is ridiculous.

PearlyQueen

I don't even know what's launching on Friday and I hate the lack of proper swatches, so I'm definitely sitting it out. Nothing I've ordered has gone missing or anything, she cost me a few pennies in Stackry late fees once, but that's all. However, the whole not replying to messages and tags, turning off commenting and deleting posts has left a really bad taste in my mouth. Also the dishonesty about when she's actually shipping things.

Incidentally, my tracking has updated and shows Friday as delivery date. How funny that the post office didn't lose this order?!
Mine arrived today I think, something turned up at Stackry anyway! And it sure as hell wasn't my FTLOP which still hasn't moved.

PearlyQueen

Fair enough. I just feel guilty about not using older polishes, it feels like I wasted all that money (which is kinda true) if I then don't use them. I still mainly use polishes from my most favourite brands, but I try to sneak in some older ones sometimes.
Oh, I'm still going through old polishes (which I often use with toppers when they bore me), but I think if I love one now, why not wear it a few times before I get fed up with it. Makes the hefty prices feel less extravagant!

PearlyQueen

Ugh, Lindsey posted that Tonic have been warned not to declare lower value on their packages or they won't be allowed to ship internationally. I was hoping to order in January and have it sent here, but that's not going to work. Looks like I need to keep using my Stackry package.

On that note, someone said that DHL have been refusing to allow packages in the UK from Stackry if they think it's marked too low. I use FedEx nowadays, but that's still worrying. I have a lot of polish in there right now, I'll have to think of a realistic amount to declare without having to pay too much tax. Ugh.
Oh poo, that's so irritating. Mind you, I've been planning to only use it when I can't ship direct, but once it's opened I like enough in there to make the hefty fees worthwhile. Once it all arrives I'll have about five or six packages to consolidate, hopefully they will accept my valuations. I feel you can cover that sort of quantity without being too ridiculously unbelievable. I think I would struggle with those old 20 package 100 polish orders I used to ship. Even with fees, I think many of the things I order would have been cheaper direct - this time I bought a few destash polishes, which is why they're going to Stackry and why all my BF orders are going there too. Maybe this will curb my addiction.

Latest posts