Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

So weirdly I opted to email her about my non-moving shipment yesterday, and got a response within a couple of hours! Excuses:
1 USPS didn't scan them though they were shipped
2 Family emergency she was away in Mexico
3 She was using a temporary phone and had no internet access so she hasn't been aware of the problem or answering emails
Response:
USPS found them - hurrah! Half of them are moving already - hurrah! (Mine hasn't moved of course!) If it hasn't moved in a couple of days, she has more and will ship again...
So not monkey pirates after all. Though there's still time.
Obviously I kept it all polite and light and only chased the current order. My other issues will wait until I see movement on this order.

Yes, I saw her response to someone in Acetone Alley and it's just laughable. I don't believe a word of it. Also what's her excuse for not answering e-mails from before she "went away"? I know of someone who never received their Cyber Monday order and never had a reply from Vanessa, they ended up claiming back their money through their bank. I refuse to buy from her again, yes, her polishes are pretty, but there are plenty enough pretty polishes out there from makers who do actually give a crap.

Anitacska

Anne, any news on your Illyrian package? It seems most people's tracking started moving, and I saw some said they'd received theirs, so here's hoping.

I received a tiny little destash package, someone offered me PfD Harbour Beach (from the FTLOP box a few months ago) and she's got in touch now that she's used it. She also sent me a little extra, I believe it's Polish Me Royalty (UK brand). I love the PfD, it's so glowy.

IMG_20200129_135850161.jpg

Luckily I don't want the February FTLOP box. Just ordered 4 Femme Fatales, I remembered I had a $10 store credit, so allowed myself an extra one. I'm still contemplating which ones to get from PPU, it will be max 4, but still not sure which ones. Luckily I'm happy to skip the new Glams. Anne, did you order any?

Hopefully I can post some mani pictures later, it had been another tough and busy week, but I'm hoping for a quiet day today.

Anitacska

Alright, here we go. My first mani is Anonymous Lacquer Shifters and Werechickens with ILNP Ice House (H) over Urban Outfitters Silver Holo. Loved this mani, but I was a bit annoyed as the ILNP wasn't an untried, even though I thought I'd checked my spreadsheet, I still managed to use it. Also, the flakies didn't quite have the same shift as the Anonymous, but in the end it looked pretty good.

IMG_20200127_112112874.jpg

IMG_20200127_092104754.jpg

IMG_20200127_092138767.jpg

IMG_20200127_092151465.jpg

Next is Femme Fatale Flower Chain, my oldest unused FF thermal. I liked it, the thermal effect was quite subtle, but pretty.

IMG_20200129_135402476.jpg

IMG_20200129_135246242.jpg

Another thermal, Different Dimension Love Doesn't Discriminate.

IMG_20200131_105247887.jpg

IMG_20200131_105300157.jpg

IMG_20200131_105421011.jpg

IMG_20200131_133635550.jpg

PearlyQueen

Anne, any news on your Illyrian package? It seems most people's tracking started moving, and I saw some said they'd received theirs, so here's hoping.

I received a tiny little destash package, someone offered me PfD Harbour Beach (from the FTLOP box a few months ago) and she's got in touch now that she's used it. She also sent me a little extra, I believe it's Polish Me Royalty (UK brand). I love the PfD, it's so glowy.

View attachment 67229

Luckily I don't want the February FTLOP box. Just ordered 4 Femme Fatales, I remembered I had a $10 store credit, so allowed myself an extra one. I'm still contemplating which ones to get from PPU, it will be max 4, but still not sure which ones. Luckily I'm happy to skip the new Glams. Anne, did you order any?

Hopefully I can post some mani pictures later, it had been another tough and busy week, but I'm hoping for a quiet day today.
It's been moving, I'm hopeful! Nice little haul there. I'm skipping FTLOP too, and PPU - I also skipped Glam (so broke!) - but there was only one I wanted (Bad Romance) and I swear I have a dozen almost identical anyway. I do however fancy another Lemming order soon, once my finances pick up. I'm waiting for a huge refund to my CC but I think I'm going to have to pay the bill which I can't afford really before the money comes back, which leaves me stuck. I'm desperately trying to avoid using the card before then!

PearlyQueen

Alright, here we go. My first mani is Anonymous Lacquer Shifters and Werechickens with ILNP Ice House (H) over Urban Outfitters Silver Holo. Loved this mani, but I was a bit annoyed as the ILNP wasn't an untried, even though I thought I'd checked my spreadsheet, I still managed to use it. Also, the flakies didn't quite have the same shift as the Anonymous, but in the end it looked pretty good.

View attachment 67230

View attachment 67231

View attachment 67232

View attachment 67233

Next is Femme Fatale Flower Chain, my oldest unused FF thermal. I liked it, the thermal effect was quite subtle, but pretty.

View attachment 67234

View attachment 67235

Another thermal, Different Dimension Love Doesn't Discriminate.

View attachment 67236

View attachment 67237

View attachment 67238

View attachment 67239
Nice! I really like that Anonymous lacquer (I only have a couple of these, and not this one).

Anitacska

My current mani is Glam Polish The Lion and the Rose with Lollipop Posse Lacquer Among a Million Same. The Glam is really amazing, it was nearly a one coater and it's so shifty. The big flakie on my index finger looks a bit weird in the pictures, it actually looks much better irl.

IMG_20200202_122240334.jpg

IMG_20200202_122252449.jpg

IMG_20200202_122259908.jpg

IMG_20200202_122332816.jpg

IMG_20200202_122349904.jpg

PearlyQueen

Anitacska

It's been moving, I'm hopeful! Nice little haul there. I'm skipping FTLOP too, and PPU - I also skipped Glam (so broke!) - but there was only one I wanted (Bad Romance) and I swear I have a dozen almost identical anyway. I do however fancy another Lemming order soon, once my finances pick up. I'm waiting for a huge refund to my CC but I think I'm going to have to pay the bill which I can't afford really before the money comes back, which leaves me stuck. I'm desperately trying to avoid using the card before then!

Sorry about the finances, I also have a huge credit card bill, but sadly no refund. I've put practically every loft related purchase on the credit card plus the Christmas expenses, so it's shocking. I'm amazed I haven't had a call from the credit card company to ask why I have a 7k balance!

Anitacska

So is anyone buying from Illyrian tomorrow? I saw that there's a restock, but no idea what's available as I'm no longer in the group. Not that I'd be buying anyway.

I'm quite impressed with myself, I only bought 2 from PPU, the Girly Bits and the PfD. I still have some Paypal funds left! Not planning on buying anything else this month though. I love the new Tonics, but they'll be available for a while. I will need to ship my Stackry stuff soon though, so that'll clear out the funds and then some.

Anitacska

Did you see the new EP duo? They're quite nice, but I've passed, don't want to spend money on them as they're not that special. Also skipping the HHC EP polish as it's a brown/green duochrome.

Checked the Illyrian site out of curiousity, but of course didn't order. Is it just me, or are these polishes beginning to look really samey?

boschicka

Did you see the new EP duo? They're quite nice, but I've passed, don't want to spend money on them as they're not that special. Also skipping the HHC EP polish as it's a brown/green duochrome.

Checked the Illyrian site out of curiousity, but of course didn't order. Is it just me, or are these polishes beginning to look really samey?
Yes, same for sure. And I refuse to purchase from someone who runs her FB fan page like the Gestapo.

I agree the EP duo is beautiful, but so aren't many holos. And they are definitely not $32 USD plus shipping pretty.

boschicka

So is anyone buying from Illyrian tomorrow? I saw that there's a restock, but no idea what's available as I'm no longer in the group. Not that I'd be buying anyway.

I'm quite impressed with myself, I only bought 2 from PPU, the Girly Bits and the PfD. I still have some Paypal funds left! Not planning on buying anything else this month though. I love the new Tonics, but they'll be available for a while. I will need to ship my Stackry stuff soon though, so that'll clear out the funds and then some.
Congrats on coming in under budget!

Anitacska

Congrats on coming in under budget!

Thanks. Of course Tonic announced that they're giving a free polish with purchase with today's launch and now I'm really tempted to order. I'm trying to tell myself that it's only polish and to be responsible, but it's hard. Plus I'm very much in a fuck it mood today, my younger two children have been very tiring and I am very close to breaking point. Sorry, rant over.

boschicka

Thanks. Of course Tonic announced that they're giving a free polish with purchase with today's launch and now I'm really tempted to order. I'm trying to tell myself that it's only polish and to be responsible, but it's hard. Plus I'm very much in a fuck it mood today, my younger two children have been very tiring and I am very close to breaking point. Sorry, rant over.
Rant away all you need. It is just an extra bottle of polish. And I'm sure you can find it later if you really want it. But I understand the struggle.

Anitacska

Rant away all you need. It is just an extra bottle of polish. And I'm sure you can find it later if you really want it. But I understand the struggle.

I gave in and ordered. At least this package can still go to Stackry and I saved $7 on the whole shebang, plus got the free polish. Not proud of myself, but I'm not having a good time right now, so decided to treat myself.

Anitacska

My Tonics have shipped and should be at Stackry by Monday, then I can empty out my box. At least something to look forward to. 35 polishes (24 Tonics!) and Tonic Topper refill.

PearlyQueen

I despise myself, after promising I wouldn't order if she didn't get back to me about the refund, I ordered anyway... I am so weak! Loved the last order, hope these are worth the self-hatred...
Well done you for being so restrained!

Latest posts