Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Did you see the new EP duo? They're quite nice, but I've passed, don't want to spend money on them as they're not that special. Also skipping the HHC EP polish as it's a brown/green duochrome.

Checked the Illyrian site out of curiousity, but of course didn't order. Is it just me, or are these polishes beginning to look really samey?
I skipped, only liked the bright pink and I swear that I have a hundred nice pink holos. EP is no longer my crack, that would be Illyrian...
I do see what you mean about the similarities, but I'm still on that treadmill, my EP type revelation hasn't happened yet, but I'm sure it will one day...

PearlyQueen

Thanks. Of course Tonic announced that they're giving a free polish with purchase with today's launch and now I'm really tempted to order. I'm trying to tell myself that it's only polish and to be responsible, but it's hard. Plus I'm very much in a fuck it mood today, my younger two children have been very tiring and I am very close to breaking point. Sorry, rant over.
Ouch, hope the children have calmed down now. Naughty tempty Tonic, after you've been so good too.

PearlyQueen

I gave in and ordered. At least this package can still go to Stackry and I saved $7 on the whole shebang, plus got the free polish. Not proud of myself, but I'm not having a good time right now, so decided to treat myself.
I feel this, a little treat is sometimes necessary to keep you sane. And saving is good. And if Stackry is open anyway... (been there myself!)

Anitacska

I despise myself, after promising I wouldn't order if she didn't get back to me about the refund, I ordered anyway... I am so weak! Loved the last order, hope these are worth the self-hatred...
Well done you for being so restrained!

You don't have to justify yourself, it's your money. But I take it you haven't got the refund? What did you order?

Someone said there's another restock this weekend too? I obviously can't see what she posts in the group anymore.

Anitacska

Ouch, hope the children have calmed down now. Naughty tempty Tonic, after you've been so good too.

Honestly, it's one thing after another with my two. I don't think my life will ever be calm. I'm just so tired of it now. My daughter kicks off almost every time there are builders in the house, but what can I do about it?! We're nearing completion, but of course everything is now happening inside, so the noise and mess is inevitable.

Also I'm really stressed out about the money, I know I can borrow from my eldest (my children have way more money than me, ha!), but I should be giving him money, not take away from him. I know he doesn't mind, but still. That's why I felt so guilty about the Tonics too. But I am looking forward to receiving them, the latest collection is particularly gorgeous. (Tonic is my EP/Illyrian/crack, lol.)

PearlyQueen

You don't have to justify yourself, it's your money. But I take it you haven't got the refund? What did you order?

Someone said there's another restock this weekend too? I obviously can't see what she posts in the group anymore.

I know, I've only disappointed myself... No refund of course, I ordered four of the new protos plus Niflheim and Pixie.
All I know about the next restock is a Facebook invite to a launch event Monday at 5pm our time (not her usual launch time) - no list, no pictures, no clue! Terrible time for me, just as I finish work.

PearlyQueen

Honestly, it's one thing after another with my two. I don't think my life will ever be calm. I'm just so tired of it now. My daughter kicks off almost every time there are builders in the house, but what can I do about it?! We're nearing completion, but of course everything is now happening inside, so the noise and mess is inevitable.

Also I'm really stressed out about the money, I know I can borrow from my eldest (my children have way more money than me, ha!), but I should be giving him money, not take away from him. I know he doesn't mind, but still. That's why I felt so guilty about the Tonics too. But I am looking forward to receiving them, the latest collection is particularly gorgeous. (Tonic is my EP/Illyrian/crack, lol.)
So sorry sweetie it's not great for any of you, sulky children will definitely not help and of course finances are always a headache - unless they're not, no-one gets it. Hopefully the work will be completed ASAP and you can get back to more normal stress and spending levels while enjoying what you've had built.
x

Anitacska

I also just dropped £250 at the vet's yesterday: vaccination and check up for Paws, plus 3 months' worth of flea and worm treatments for the 3 cats and the dog. :eek: I think poor Paws is stressed out by the building work, he's been pulling his fur out. I bought one of those diffusers (Feliway I think), but I don't think it's helping. The vet couldn't find anything else obvious that might be causing it, so hopefully he'll stop once things have calmed down.

Anitacska

Here are some recent manis. First is Vapid Sweaters n Denim with Lilypad Lacquer Sparkle. The Vapid is a thermal, the warm shade looked awful on me. The cold shade was okay, but still not a fan. I did like the Lilypad, it's a fine glitter topper with flakies. Weirdly, this is the third (and last) Vapid thermal I've used and I didn't like any of them. The pink/purple one was okay, but the other two, meh. They're all going on the destash pile.

*Just checked some swatch pictures and apparently it was supposed to be more blue in the cold state (some swatches show it very orange, some less so in the warm state), so I'm guessing that although it's still transitioning, it has faded? Very odd.

IMG_20200205_110338269.jpg

IMG_20200205_110621795.jpg

IMG_20200205_110657883.jpg

IMG_20200205_114733593.jpg

Next is another disappointment, Girly Bits More Cowbell with Revlon Galactic (2013 untried). The GB was quite dull, the Revlon is a flakie topper, but looks really odd in the pictures, there were no bald patches, just how the light reflects off the flakies. But it was bumpy and meh. That said, the Revlon is a double ended one with a lovely dark blue creme at the other end, I swatched it and it's nearly a one coater, so that should come in useful.

IMG_20200207_114044027.jpg

IMG_20200207_114032702.jpg

IMG_20200207_114101392.jpg

I did like this mani though, it's Polished by KPT Vanda with Beauty UK Pinkabloo (2013 untried).

IMG_20200209_140757451.jpg

IMG_20200209_140856405.jpg

IMG_20200209_140942913.jpg

Anitacska

Next mani is Tonic Polish Taking on Toronto with Lilypad Lacquer Dragon Dust. I love a good brown and the Tonic is gorgeous. I also love the Lilypad topper.

IMG_20200211_115153639.jpg

IMG_20200211_115200574.jpg

IMG_20200211_115208552.jpg

IMG_20200211_115246552.jpg

This is Illyrian Polish Dark Crystal with Lilypad Lacquer Glint. The Illyrian was awful to apply, didn't look that great and was chipping within 24 hours. I did love the Lilypad, it has blue/purple flakies and holo glitter (similar to Sparkle above).

IMG_20200213_123925402.jpg

IMG_20200213_124556149.jpg

IMG_20200213_124711284.jpg

IMG_20200213_124726499.jpg

Anitacska

And finally, my current mani, Polished for Days Amelia with Hare Polish Dancing Bird of Paradise. Amelia is just amazing! So bright and saturated, it freaked the camera out. Sadly no sun today (and not likely tomorrow either thanks to Storm Dennis - our scaffolding sounds like it's going to take off!).

IMG_20200215_141405407.jpg

IMG_20200215_141550573.jpg

IMG_20200215_141613122.jpg

IMG_20200215_141442882.jpg

Anitacska

I know, I've only disappointed myself... No refund of course, I ordered four of the new protos plus Niflheim and Pixie.
All I know about the next restock is a Facebook invite to a launch event Monday at 5pm our time (not her usual launch time) - no list, no pictures, no clue! Terrible time for me, just as I finish work.

I forgot to ask, has your order shipped yet? I saw that she said they were shipping this week. Just curious.

PearlyQueen

I also just dropped £250 at the vet's yesterday: vaccination and check up for Paws, plus 3 months' worth of flea and worm treatments for the 3 cats and the dog. :eek: I think poor Paws is stressed out by the building work, he's been pulling his fur out. I bought one of those diffusers (Feliway I think), but I don't think it's helping. The vet couldn't find anything else obvious that might be causing it, so hopefully he'll stop once things have calmed down.
Oh poor Paws, hope he picks up soon. Morpheus is really skinny just now, eats all the time but not putting it back on. It's always a worry when our furry people are not right, sending hugs.

PearlyQueen

Here are some recent manis. First is Vapid Sweaters n Denim with Lilypad Lacquer Sparkle. The Vapid is a thermal, the warm shade looked awful on me. The cold shade was okay, but still not a fan. I did like the Lilypad, it's a fine glitter topper with flakies. Weirdly, this is the third (and last) Vapid thermal I've used and I didn't like any of them. The pink/purple one was okay, but the other two, meh. They're all going on the destash pile.

*Just checked some swatch pictures and apparently it was supposed to be more blue in the cold state (some swatches show it very orange, some less so in the warm state), so I'm guessing that although it's still transitioning, it has faded? Very odd.

View attachment 67287

View attachment 67288

View attachment 67289

View attachment 67290

Next is another disappointment, Girly Bits More Cowbell with Revlon Galactic (2013 untried). The GB was quite dull, the Revlon is a flakie topper, but looks really odd in the pictures, there were no bald patches, just how the light reflects off the flakies. But it was bumpy and meh. That said, the Revlon is a double ended one with a lovely dark blue creme at the other end, I swatched it and it's nearly a one coater, so that should come in useful.

View attachment 67291

View attachment 67292

View attachment 67293

I did like this mani though, it's Polished by KPT Vanda with Beauty UK Pinkabloo (2013 untried).

View attachment 67294

View attachment 67295

View attachment 67296
I love the blinginess of that last topper! Shame about so many of the others, must admit none of them grab me except that bumpy flakey topper.

PearlyQueen

Next mani is Tonic Polish Taking on Toronto with Lilypad Lacquer Dragon Dust. I love a good brown and the Tonic is gorgeous. I also love the Lilypad topper.

View attachment 67297

View attachment 67298

View attachment 67299

View attachment 67300

This is Illyrian Polish Dark Crystal with Lilypad Lacquer Glint. The Illyrian was awful to apply, didn't look that great and was chipping within 24 hours. I did love the Lilypad, it has blue/purple flakies and holo glitter (similar to Sparkle above).

View attachment 67301

View attachment 67302

View attachment 67303

View attachment 67304
That is a really pretty brown mani! Sorry to hear your Illyrian was disappointing, I don't think I have that one - and I won't now!

PearlyQueen

And finally, my current mani, Polished for Days Amelia with Hare Polish Dancing Bird of Paradise. Amelia is just amazing! So bright and saturated, it freaked the camera out. Sadly no sun today (and not likely tomorrow either thanks to Storm Dennis - our scaffolding sounds like it's going to take off!).

View attachment 67305

View attachment 67306

View attachment 67307

View attachment 67308
This is really stunning! I'm wishing I'd got the PfD now! I love the Hare too, a brand I never bought though.

PearlyQueen

I forgot to ask, has your order shipped yet? I saw that she said they were shipping this week. Just curious.
Nah, the usual pre-shipment info status is showing. I posted on FB about the postage refund yesterday and she answered - said she had sent them all in December, and to send her details. I did and have not had a response yet, I'm a bit disappointed as she got my hopes up. I do wonder if my email is blocked or something! I'll follow up again though.
In other news, pics have appeared for tomorrow's new protos and I love several of them, there's also a big list of other restock items, of which I also fancy a couple. It's all openstock, Ninja fingers stuff. I'll give it a go though.
List if anyone's interested:
New prototypes (single batch):
Chronic
Satellite
Area 51
Astroboy
Dragonfruit
Sugar Mama
Foxfire (magnetic)
Returning colors (very limited):
Panda
MoonWalker