Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Nah, the usual pre-shipment info status is showing. I posted on FB about the postage refund yesterday and she answered - said she had sent them all in December, and to send her details. I did and have not had a response yet, I'm a bit disappointed as she got my hopes up. I do wonder if my email is blocked or something! I'll follow up again though.
In other news, pics have appeared for tomorrow's new protos and I love several of them, there's also a big list of other restock items, of which I also fancy a couple. It's all openstock, Ninja fingers stuff. I'll give it a go though.
List if anyone's interested:
New prototypes (single batch):
Chronic
Satellite
Area 51
Astroboy
Dragonfruit
Sugar Mama
Foxfire (magnetic)
Returning colors (very limited):
Panda
MoonWalker
Moonlit
Tarantulas
Hello Earthlings
Cloudburst
Slasher
In This Twilight
Sanguine
Love Potion
Wispy
Near Morning
Sweet Tooth
Jotunheim
Henosis
Black Mamba
Lyra
Dragonfly
Caterpillar
Kinetic
Mist (2019 prototype)
Phoenix

Thanks. I'll have a look when the shop is open and see if I fancy any. Then maybe we can do a swap for them if you manage to get any.

Also perhaps once the upheaval is over at my house, we can do a swap for the polishes that didn't make it last time. I know there were a couple of Illyrians you got that I fancied.

PearlyQueen

Thanks. I'll have a look when the shop is open and see if I fancy any. Then maybe we can do a swap for them if you manage to get any.

Also perhaps once the upheaval is over at my house, we can do a swap for the polishes that didn't make it last time. I know there were a couple of Illyrians you got that I fancied.
Yep, no problem!

PearlyQueen

Nah, the usual pre-shipment info status is showing. I posted on FB about the postage refund yesterday and she answered - said she had sent them all in December, and to send her details. I did and have not had a response yet, I'm a bit disappointed as she got my hopes up. I do wonder if my email is blocked or something! I'll follow up again though.
In other news, pics have appeared for tomorrow's new protos and I love several of them, there's also a big list of other restock items, of which I also fancy a couple. It's all openstock, Ninja fingers stuff. I'll give it a go though.
List if anyone's interested:
New prototypes (single batch):
Chronic
Satellite
Area 51
Astroboy
Dragonfruit
Sugar Mama
Foxfire (magnetic)
Returning colors (very limited):
Panda
MoonWalker
Moonlit
Tarantulas
Hello Earthlings
Cloudburst
Slasher
In This Twilight
Sanguine
Love Potion
Wispy
Near Morning
Sweet Tooth
Jotunheim
Henosis
Black Mamba
Lyra
Dragonfly
Caterpillar
Kinetic
Mist (2019 prototype)
Phoenix
Sorry for quoting myself, but my Illyrians are moving! Wonders will never cease...

PearlyQueen

Yay! That's good! Sorry, I meant to say I hope you get your refund. It sounds like she's bullshitting you though. I would post again in the group if she doesn't reply to your e-mail and tell her you'll pm her. That way you can see if she reads your message.
OMG I GOT MY REFUND!!!
I feel better about ordering now! I honestly am just giving up on the brush/gift thing, it does leave a bad feeling but they were offered, not expected so I can't be bothered. I never really wanted the brush anyway, I can't tell the difference (if there is one!) and who knows what the gift would be, I remember her saying she was buying mini bottles, so I guess that's the answer, a mini polish - would have been nice, but the refund was the one I was offered in advance and expected. Anyhow, I got what I wanted yesterday too - though I very stupidly managed to buy a dupe of one I already have. No idea how I managed it, compared the release list with my spreadsheet and everything, but as I was adding the new purchases to it, Excel told me it was already there. A different seller would swap for something else, and I did email, but I don't expect an answer. Oh well, my mistake I guess.

Anitacska

OMG I GOT MY REFUND!!!
I feel better about ordering now! I honestly am just giving up on the brush/gift thing, it does leave a bad feeling but they were offered, not expected so I can't be bothered. I never really wanted the brush anyway, I can't tell the difference (if there is one!) and who knows what the gift would be, I remember her saying she was buying mini bottles, so I guess that's the answer, a mini polish - would have been nice, but the refund was the one I was offered in advance and expected. Anyhow, I got what I wanted yesterday too - though I very stupidly managed to buy a dupe of one I already have. No idea how I managed it, compared the release list with my spreadsheet and everything, but as I was adding the new purchases to it, Excel told me it was already there. A different seller would swap for something else, and I did email, but I don't expect an answer. Oh well, my mistake I guess.

Woohoo! Glad it's finally sorted. I had a look and quite liked a few polishes, can you let me know what you ordered please? What did you buy a dupe of? If she doesn't sort it out for you and it's something I don't have yet, I might be interested.

My Stackry package is on its way. I do regret using my box though, I'm pretty sure it's costing more than if I had ordered direct. Except maybe there would've been some customs on the Tonic packages. That said, I might still get charged by FedEx. We'll see. Anyway, it is what it is now. Plus I let my eldest send an order there to help him save money, so it's not all bad.

PearlyQueen

Woohoo! Glad it's finally sorted. I had a look and quite liked a few polishes, can you let me know what you ordered please? What did you buy a dupe of? If she doesn't sort it out for you and it's something I don't have yet, I might be interested.

My Stackry package is on its way. I do regret using my box though, I'm pretty sure it's costing more than if I had ordered direct. Except maybe there would've been some customs on the Tonic packages. That said, I might still get charged by FedEx. We'll see. Anyway, it is what it is now. Plus I let my eldest send an order there to help him save money, so it's not all bad.
My order:
Tarantulas
Cloudburst
Astroboy
Kinetic
Dragonfruit
Satellite
Foxfire
Chronic
Tarantulas is the duplicate, a very nice polish but I don't need two! Let me know if you're interested, but you probably have it already.
I completely get the Stackry thing - I did use them for my Black Friday hauls and a destash order, but the shipping was about £80, which I didn't expect at all. I've just done a calculation though, and shipping the BF items excluding destash would have cost a few dollars more, not much but I guess it was worth it! And that didn't include any possible customs from the seller I haven't had direct polishes from (Lemming). Plus the destash things wouldn't have shipped to UK, so overall marginally worth it.

Anitacska

My order:
Tarantulas
Cloudburst
Astroboy
Kinetic
Dragonfruit
Satellite
Foxfire
Chronic
Tarantulas is the duplicate, a very nice polish but I don't need two! Let me know if you're interested, but you probably have it already.
I completely get the Stackry thing - I did use them for my Black Friday hauls and a destash order, but the shipping was about £80, which I didn't expect at all. I've just done a calculation though, and shipping the BF items excluding destash would have cost a few dollars more, not much but I guess it was worth it! And that didn't include any possible customs from the seller I haven't had direct polishes from (Lemming). Plus the destash things wouldn't have shipped to UK, so overall marginally worth it.

Ooh nice! I did like a few of these. I knew you had Tarantulas, lol, it's been on my swaplist! If she doesn't refund / exchange it for something, I'm happy to take it off your hands.

I'm pretty sure my Stackry shipping is way more than it would've been directly, with consolidation and hazmat it was nearly $100. Especially as Tonic has very reasonable shipping. The PPUs would've cost me about $16 per order (x2), plus the EP $13 I think. I would've only been charged customs on the Tonics. If I don't get stung by FedEx then it probably works out cheaper, but we'll see.

Anitacska

Here are some mani pictures too. First is Femme Fatale Fates Bound Together (thermal).

IMG_20200217_093828368.jpg

IMG_20200217_094006036.jpg

IMG_20200217_094200107.jpg

Next is Emily de Molly Version of a Truth, also a thermal. I wasn't a big fan of this and I'm getting a bit bored of thermals, but I feel like I need to use them before they stop reacting. Anyway, the picture without flash is an in-between colour, the blue was the warm state.

IMG_20200219_111336849.jpg

IMG_20200219_111306595.jpg

IMG_20200219_111204941.jpg

My current mani is Dreamland Coral of the Story (faded version) with Topshop Pinch Punch (2013 untried). The Dreamland is so holo, it wasn't even sunny when I took the pictures! Unfortunately yesterday I managed to bang my right ring finger and broke the nail halfway down into the live bit, plus I have a side break on my left thumb (although that's small and not painful, unlike my ring finger!).

IMG_20200221_120715514.jpg

IMG_20200221_120850507.jpg

I did a bit of rearranging and managed to put away all my new polishes. I now have 2 almost full Alex drawers of Tonics and pretty much every drawer is full. I could really do with another Helmer (or really would love an Alex, but I have no space nor money for that), but it will have to wait.

On the upside, the loft conversion is due to be finished by Friday, then we'll have the decorator in and the new carpet down in my son's new room and then it's done. Well, except for the hallway, first floor landing, second floor landing and the entire staircase will need decorating, plus new carpet, but that will have to wait until the summer.

Last edited:

PearlyQueen

Ooh nice! I did like a few of these. I knew you had Tarantulas, lol, it's been on my swaplist! If she doesn't refund / exchange it for something, I'm happy to take it off your hands.

I'm pretty sure my Stackry shipping is way more than it would've been directly, with consolidation and hazmat it was nearly $100. Especially as Tonic has very reasonable shipping. The PPUs would've cost me about $16 per order (x2), plus the EP $13 I think. I would've only been charged customs on the Tonics. If I don't get stung by FedEx then it probably works out cheaper, but we'll see.
Should have run that order past you instead of trying to read a spreadsheet! I thought she'd ignored my email, but I just had a message that she swapped it out for Phoenix as I requested (not that I'm cynical but a previous one of these messages said she'd sort out Tortuga brush and gift, and when it arrived - nothing!). She didn't even take up my offer to pay the extra $1 for Phoenix, I'm hoping I'll be happy when it arrives. Which will be soon - I've had the last delivery, and this one's in the UK. What with keeping up turnaround times (probably helped by no preordering) and answering emails, I wonder if the message has got through that she needs to address customers' concerns? If however it does turn up and it's Tarantulas, I'll be happy to sell/swap the new one thanks.

PearlyQueen

Stackry delivery, woohoo!

View attachment 67314
Oo, nice Tonics! Out of (self!) interest, did you get Koi Pond and North Star? I was tempted to order those ones. Actually, while I'm thinking about our swap list, did you order the last PfD from PPU? Somehow I missed its existence (I think it wasn't on the review blog I read) and I dropped into her Instagram the other day and was very sad I missed it, so if you ordered I'd love to add it to my list!

PearlyQueen

Here are some mani pictures too. First is Femme Fatale Fates Bound Together (thermal).

View attachment 67315

View attachment 67316

View attachment 67317

Next is Emily de Molly Version of a Truth, also a thermal. I wasn't a big fan of this and I'm getting a bit bored of thermals, but I feel like I need to use them before they stop reacting. Anyway, the picture without flash is an in-between colour, the blue was the warm state.

View attachment 67318

View attachment 67319

View attachment 67320

My current mani is Dreamland Coral of the Story (faded version) with Topshop Pinch Punch (2013 untried). The Dreamland is so holo, it wasn't even sunny when I took the pictures! Unfortunately yesterday I managed to bang my right ring finger and broke the nail halfway down into the live bit, plus I have a side break on my left thumb (although that's small and not painful, unlike my ring finger!).

View attachment 67321

View attachment 67322

I did a bit of rearranging and managed to put away all my new polishes. I now have 2 almost full Alex drawers of Tonics and pretty much every drawer is full. I could really do with another Helmer (or really would love an Alex, but I have no space nor money for that), but it will have to wait.

On the upside, the loft conversion is due to be finished by Friday, then we'll have the decorator in and the new carpet down in my son's new room and then it's done. Well, except for the hallway, first floor landing, second floor landing and the entire staircase will need decorating, plus new carpet, but that will have to wait until the summer.
I finally love a thermal! The FF is stunning. I still like a good holo too! Yay for putting your stuff away - I have an unbuilt Helmer since last year, trying to clear somewhere to put it is taking way too long, so now I have a plastic bag full of Illyrians as well as other polishes all over the place.
Yay for the builders going, getting back to normal must be good (and hopefully please the children!).
I've got urges to shop for more polish at the moment, I'd love more Lemmings, I want to get some of Shleee's stuff tomorrow, I plan to get a few purple Glams from the new release and Illyrian have another opening on Sunday (haven't had any notice of what it will be though). I think the Lemmings will have to wait unless the Illyrians are disappointing. I did try to nudge Glam to put Bad Romance back up on the UK shop this time, but they said no.

Anitacska

Should have run that order past you instead of trying to read a spreadsheet! I thought she'd ignored my email, but I just had a message that she swapped it out for Phoenix as I requested (not that I'm cynical but a previous one of these messages said she'd sort out Tortuga brush and gift, and when it arrived - nothing!). She didn't even take up my offer to pay the extra $1 for Phoenix, I'm hoping I'll be happy when it arrives. Which will be soon - I've had the last delivery, and this one's in the UK. What with keeping up turnaround times (probably helped by no preordering) and answering emails, I wonder if the message has got through that she needs to address customers' concerns? If however it does turn up and it's Tarantulas, I'll be happy to sell/swap the new one thanks.

That's good news about Vanessa! Hope she does indeed exchange it for Phoenix. I have that, it's pretty. I'm happy with a small decant of Tarantulas if you only end up with one, if that's okay.

What did you order the time before last?

Anitacska

Oo, nice Tonics! Out of (self!) interest, did you get Koi Pond and North Star? I was tempted to order those ones. Actually, while I'm thinking about our swap list, did you order the last PfD from PPU? Somehow I missed its existence (I think it wasn't on the review blog I read) and I dropped into her Instagram the other day and was very sad I missed it, so if you ordered I'd love to add it to my list!

Yes, yes and yes! The PfD looked gorgeous, pinker than Fireside. Hopefully not too close to my proto.

Anitacska

I finally love a thermal! The FF is stunning. I still like a good holo too! Yay for putting your stuff away - I have an unbuilt Helmer since last year, trying to clear somewhere to put it is taking way too long, so now I have a plastic bag full of Illyrians as well as other polishes all over the place.
Yay for the builders going, getting back to normal must be good (and hopefully please the children!).
I've got urges to shop for more polish at the moment, I'd love more Lemmings, I want to get some of Shleee's stuff tomorrow, I plan to get a few purple Glams from the new release and Illyrian have another opening on Sunday (haven't had any notice of what it will be though). I think the Lemmings will have to wait unless the Illyrians are disappointing. I did try to nudge Glam to put Bad Romance back up on the UK shop this time, but they said no.

Thanks, I did like the FF a lot too. I still like thermals, but it seems that I've bought a few very similar ones lately, so I was feeling a bit meh about them. It was either pink to purple, blue to purple or purple to darker purple and it just felt a bit repetative. I even opted for a bright neon green to wear today (Illyrian Ectoplasm) as I got fed up with purples!

Luckily I don't really have the urge to buy anything right now which is just as well, as I really really shouldn't. I'll probably get 3 or 4 from PPU (PfD, Girly Bits, KBShimmer, maybe Ard As Nails), but passing on Femme Fatale and Glam (although I will be interested to see what you buy). I'm also not that keen on the FTLOP box (yay) and while I quite like the new EPs (spring collection), I'm definitely not ordering. I've been trying to sell some make up and have a bit of money in my Paypal that will cover PPU and a bit more, but I'm really trying to be good.

PearlyQueen

That's good news about Vanessa! Hope she does indeed exchange it for Phoenix. I have that, it's pretty. I'm happy with a small decant of Tarantulas if you only end up with one, if that's okay.

What did you order the time before last?
That's fine either way!
My previous order:

Niflheim
Pixie
Loud Dream
Glass Slipper
Bettie Page
Lucky Charm

Anitacska

That's fine either way!
My previous order:

Niflheim
Pixie
Loud Dream
Glass Slipper
Bettie Page
Lucky Charm

Thanks. I remember now that I wasn't very keen on anything from that release. Lucky Charm looks nice, but I think it's similar to a few other polishes I own.

PearlyQueen

Thanks, I did like the FF a lot too. I still like thermals, but it seems that I've bought a few very similar ones lately, so I was feeling a bit meh about them. It was either pink to purple, blue to purple or purple to darker purple and it just felt a bit repetative. I even opted for a bright neon green to wear today (Illyrian Ectoplasm) as I got fed up with purples!

Luckily I don't really have the urge to buy anything right now which is just as well, as I really really shouldn't. I'll probably get 3 or 4 from PPU (PfD, Girly Bits, KBShimmer, maybe Ard As Nails), but passing on Femme Fatale and Glam (although I will be interested to see what you buy). I'm also not that keen on the FTLOP box (yay) and while I quite like the new EPs (spring collection), I'm definitely not ordering. I've been trying to sell some make up and have a bit of money in my Paypal that will cover PPU and a bit more, but I'm really trying to be good.
Oh good grief, I forgot about PPU and FTLOP, haven't seen the first yet, but I was thinking about FTLOP, I really like two of the three.
Anyway, good to get a change of colour out, and Ectoplasm sounds like a contrast for you! I don't have it so looking forward to seeing that on you.

Latest posts