Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

That's good news about Vanessa! Hope she does indeed exchange it for Phoenix. I have that, it's pretty. I'm happy with a small decant of Tarantulas if you only end up with one, if that's okay.

What did you order the time before last?
Well they arrived today! And she has swapped it for Phoenix, full marks for once - fast shipping, did what she promised AND didn't charge the extra dollar for the replacement polish. She's even been posting on the group a couple of times recently, have complaints finally sunk in? Maybe it was my email! Didn't answer but took notice???

Anitacska

Well they arrived today! And she has swapped it for Phoenix, full marks for once - fast shipping, did what she promised AND didn't charge the extra dollar for the replacement polish. She's even been posting on the group a couple of times recently, have complaints finally sunk in? Maybe it was my email! Didn't answer but took notice???

That's great! I'm still not buying from her, once you kick me out of your group, I'm no longer a customer. There are plenty enough other makers to give my money to. Speaking of which, Tonic are planning an oops sale soon. Ugh.

PearlyQueen

That's great! I'm still not buying from her, once you kick me out of your group, I'm no longer a customer. There are plenty enough other makers to give my money to. Speaking of which, Tonic are planning an oops sale soon. Ugh.
Don't blame you. There's always something else, isn't there? I bought Glams and Shleees today...
(Glams are The Mage, Lords of the Crystal, The Crystal of Truth and the older one Vulnera Sanentur - in case you want swapsies!)

Anitacska

Don't blame you. There's always something else, isn't there? I bought Glams and Shleees today...
(Glams are The Mage, Lords of the Crystal, The Crystal of Truth and the older one Vulnera Sanentur - in case you want swapsies!)

Good choices! I might be interested in 2 or 3. I also like the light purple and the purple flakie ones, but sadly can't order. Oh well, I'll live.

Anitacska

Time for some manis. First up is Different Dimension Purplexed. This is supposed to be a tri-thermal, but I'm not sure I could see 3 different shades. Still, very pretty. Unfortunately I had to cut down my thumb nail due to the side break.

IMG_20200223_103218642.jpg

IMG_20200223_103318452.jpg

IMG_20200223_124400043.jpg

IMG_20200223_124510914.jpg

IMG_20200223_154347757.jpg

Next is Femme Fatale Jewel Fever (thermal) with Nails Inc Lavender Close (2013 untried).

IMG_20200225_094223679.jpg

IMG_20200225_114816507.jpg

IMG_20200225_113635868.jpg

Anitacska

This is Illyrian Polish Ectoplasm with L.A. Girl Crowd Surfing (2013 untried).

IMG_20200227_105551573.jpg

IMG_20200227_130845335.jpg

IMG_20200227_130905843.jpg

My current mani is Femme Fatale Shub-Niggurath (thermal) with Topshop Bowl Me Over (2013 untried). I had another side break, on my little finger, but decided to stick a false nail on it as the others are so nice and long.

IMG_20200229_133023708.jpg

IMG_20200229_133053494.jpg

IMG_20200229_132543091.jpg

boschicka

Did anyone order from Illyrian? I had a look and quite liked 2 of the polishes, but obviously didn't order. Also, what is it with prototypes? Can she not created a cohesive collection anymore?
Nope. I saw Ethereal had a limited stock sale and people were voicing disappointment on her page that things sold out so quickly. Admins turned off comments on all those posts. Then I saw the maker from Ethereal complaining on Illyrian's page that she missed out on Venom. Hypocrisy much?

PearlyQueen

Time for some manis. First up is Different Dimension Purplexed. This is supposed to be a tri-thermal, but I'm not sure I could see 3 different shades. Still, very pretty. Unfortunately I had to cut down my thumb nail due to the side break.

View attachment 67329

View attachment 67330

View attachment 67331

View attachment 67332

View attachment 67333

Next is Femme Fatale Jewel Fever (thermal) with Nails Inc Lavender Close (2013 untried).

View attachment 67334

View attachment 67335

View attachment 67336
Can't say I see three shades either, but it is nice - so is the other one!

PearlyQueen

This is Illyrian Polish Ectoplasm with L.A. Girl Crowd Surfing (2013 untried).

View attachment 67337

View attachment 67338

View attachment 67339

My current mani is Femme Fatale Shub-Niggurath (thermal) with Topshop Bowl Me Over (2013 untried). I had another side break, on my little finger, but decided to stick a false nail on it as the others are so nice and long.

View attachment 67340

View attachment 67341

View attachment 67342
I like Ectoplasm both with and without the topper! I didn't pick it up myself, I don't wear many greens and I have many untried, but I like it on you and am contemplating whether my skipping it was an error!

PearlyQueen

Did anyone order from Illyrian? I had a look and quite liked 2 of the polishes, but obviously didn't order. Also, what is it with prototypes? Can she not created a cohesive collection anymore?
I almost skipped this - there was only one I felt I HAD to have (Blueberry) and the others were not all that special. I wanted at least four to make the shipping reasonable, but ended up with just three (Blueberry, Sensei, Wizard) - I almost got Venom and Star Room, but the more I looked at them, the less I thought they'd suit me. I should have left it but I loved Blueberry soooo much I just couldn't. I think she has commitment issues, hence the prototypes! Her new approach must be helping, they sold pretty quickly, unlike the last few releases.

PearlyQueen

Nope. I saw Ethereal had a limited stock sale and people were voicing disappointment on her page that things sold out so quickly. Admins turned off comments on all those posts. Then I saw the maker from Ethereal complaining on Illyrian's page that she missed out on Venom. Hypocrisy much?
Ha, guess Illyrian's not the only FB Gestapo! How funny though, karma!

Anitacska

How ridiculous! Serves her right.

Anitacska

I almost skipped this - there was only one I felt I HAD to have (Blueberry) and the others were not all that special. I wanted at least four to make the shipping reasonable, but ended up with just three (Blueberry, Sensei, Wizard) - I almost got Venom and Star Room, but the more I looked at them, the less I thought they'd suit me. I should have left it but I loved Blueberry soooo much I just couldn't. I think she has commitment issues, hence the prototypes! Her new approach must be helping, they sold pretty quickly, unlike the last few releases.

I knew you would get Blueberry. I liked Sensei the most, Wizard looks quite nice too. I also quite liked Venom.

PearlyQueen

This week's mani is another Anita decant, Illyrian Betelgeuse:
betelgeuse 3.JPG betelgeuse 2.JPG betelgeuse 1.JPG
This one is also nice, but I found it a bit tricky in application, and I felt once I wore it I wished I'd done a fourth coat...
And now I've broken two nails, one not too bad but the other is going to make my mani pictures look horrible! I haven't taken it off yet, but I think I'll have to soon.
Must be the weather, they've been cracking and breaking something chronic lately, after a long period of good behaviour.

Latest posts