Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

boschicka

I bought a bag... I waited till later than launch, trying to be good because it was all I wanted and shipping works out expensive per polish, but I loved her inspiration pics and well I'm weak! The mysteries were gone, but I hadn't planned to buy anyway, too random.
Not weak. You like Illyrian polishes.

PearlyQueen

Of course I can always sort you out for a decant of the PfD if you like. I should be able to buy the EP, at least it's not capped and I have until the 21st to buy.

I don't have very expensive make up to sell, it's mostly MAC powders, blushes and eyeshadows, but I do have a LOT! This may not come as a surprise, but I used to hoard make up before I started hoarding nail polish.
Thanks for that, let me know if you get the EP too!
I was on shoes before nail polish...

Anitacska

Thanks for that, let me know if you get the EP too!
I was on shoes before nail polish...

Shoes and bags were never my thing. Make up, jewellery and scarves were.

I'll probably get the EP, I've managed to sell a few older CbLs too, so I can afford it. I'm thinking I might also get the FF, it looks so pretty.

Anitacska

I was going to post some mani pictures today, but I'm absolutely exhausted. After a trip to IKEA (most of the afternoon!) on Friday, we managed to move my son up into the loft yesterday. Ex came to help (mostly) both today and yesterday. All in all, it's looking pretty good. The bathroom can't be used until the silicon is applied to seal everything off tomorrow, and annoyingly I messed up the measurements for the blinds (who thought not all 4 identical windows are the same size???), so we couldn't put one up in the bathroom and I've had to spend another 40 quid on a new one, but he is up there and is happy.

Hopefully they're coming back tomorrow to finish the outside and then the scaffolding can finally go away and I can relax a bit (well, sort of).

I haven't ordered from HHC yet, I'm a bit unsure of spending $30 on 2 polishes, but I'll think about it. Neither the EP or the FF are capped, so I have a few more days left. EdM is doing an LE sale, I'm quite tempted and they're only $6-7 each, but not sure what her international shipping costs are like (and customs).

Anne, I forgot to ask, did you order the FTLOP box in the end?

PearlyQueen

I was going to post some mani pictures today, but I'm absolutely exhausted. After a trip to IKEA (most of the afternoon!) on Friday, we managed to move my son up into the loft yesterday. Ex came to help (mostly) both today and yesterday. All in all, it's looking pretty good. The bathroom can't be used until the silicon is applied to seal everything off tomorrow, and annoyingly I messed up the measurements for the blinds (who thought not all 4 identical windows are the same size???), so we couldn't put one up in the bathroom and I've had to spend another 40 quid on a new one, but he is up there and is happy.

Hopefully they're coming back tomorrow to finish the outside and then the scaffolding can finally go away and I can relax a bit (well, sort of).

I haven't ordered from HHC yet, I'm a bit unsure of spending $30 on 2 polishes, but I'll think about it. Neither the EP or the FF are capped, so I have a few more days left. EdM is doing an LE sale, I'm quite tempted and they're only $6-7 each, but not sure what her international shipping costs are like (and customs).

Anne, I forgot to ask, did you order the FTLOP box in the end?
Hi sweetie, briefly answering last question, no I didn't buy FTLOP. And glad to hear son is happy, and works ending happily.x

Anitacska

Quick mani post. First is Chanel Azure (2013 untried) with Girly Bits Showgirl Plucker. The Chanel was so nice and only took 2 coats.

IMG_20200310_113738613.jpg

IMG_20200310_134623112.jpg

IMG_20200310_134636988.jpg

Next is Glam Polish Selfless, Brave & True with Hits Mari Moon Cosmic Glitters Seapunk Mermaid (2013 untried). The Glam was a 2 coater too and such an amazing polish. I love those old multichromes, I think they're from 2013.
Edited to add: my 2013 untrieds are based on a spreadsheet dated July 2013, so don't include the whole year. So I'm not counting the Glams in that. But it doesn't matter either way, I guess.

IMG_20200312_111603638.jpg

IMG_20200312_111607844.jpg

IMG_20200312_111654796.jpg

This is Nails Inc Burlington Arcade (2013 untried) with Different Dimension Mystery Prototype 155. Both of these are really nice.

IMG_20200314_113011889.jpg

IMG_20200314_113054074.jpg

Last edited:

Anitacska

Here are a couple more mani pictures. First is Polished for Days Whale of a Tale with Polished for Days Mermaid Scales. My pictures don't do it justice, I really loved both polishes, but in particular WoaT surprised me because it looked a bit meh in the bottle.

IMG_20200316_091356666.jpg

IMG_20200316_091414761.jpg

IMG_20200316_091208706.jpg

IMG_20200316_091303141.jpg

My current mani is Jindie Nails Purple Rain-bow with Models Own Southern Lights (both 2013 untrieds)

IMG_20200318_150533991.jpg

IMG_20200318_150542589.jpg

I've ordered the HHC EP and FF and slightly regretted it because the exchange rate is absolutely rubbish (1.15 something as opposed to 1.25 something from 10 days ago, and that was already not great). Oh well, I've done it now. I didn't order from EdM in the end, I only really liked one LE and it's now sold out anyway. So far I'm not that keen on many PPU polishes, and hoping there aren't any new releases coming up anytime soon.

PearlyQueen

Oh that's a shame. It didn't last long, did it?
She's gone dark. It still hasn't moved, no answer to my email, posted in the group and Amy said she had received her shipment, no-one else (inc Vanessa) has responded. I'm not in a hurry or anything, I just wish she'd let me know what's going on.

Latest posts