Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Time for some manis. First is Color Club Eternal Beauty (2013 untried) with Femme Fatale Fire in the Sky. I really love these Color Club holos. I'm planning on buying the 6 I don't have during the Black Friday sale. They only need 2 coats, don't drag and stamp really well too.

IMG_20200902_102210939.jpg

IMG_20200902_102300467.jpg

Next is Vapid Lacquer Pacific Coast HWI topped with Nails Inc Pinkie Pink (2013 untried). It was more coral than pink, but my camera didn't like it.

IMG_20200904_142859861.jpg

IMG_20200904_124615475.jpg

This is Emily de Molly Deep Sea Wonders topped with Darling Diva Anna (2013 untried).

IMG_20200906_124400462.jpg

IMG_20200906_124444056.jpg

Next is Tonic Polish Walk Through the Fire with Girly Bits As You Wish. They are nearly identical, except the Girly Bits has some flakies in it, but they're hard to see.

IMG_20200908_120007534.jpg

IMG_20200908_170411391.jpg

IMG_20200908_170407113.jpg

IMG_20200908_170444630.jpg

PearlyQueen

I am so annoyed. Wanted to buy something on Depop, it's been 4 days since I first contacted the seller with a few questions. 2 days after my initial message she replied to 2 of 3 questions. I asked about the price again (it's a multiple item listing and no specific price per item). Nothing. Found the same thing on Facebook Marketplace. Seller wants bank transfer. Erm, no thank you. Firstly, if you either want to sell something or don't, but if you don't, then don't list it or leave people hanging. Secondly, who on earth pays by bank transfer for things on the internet??? The mind boggles.

In other news, everything is at Stackry, I requested consolidation on Friday, but they were closed yesterday, so still waiting. Also still waiting for my Tonic pre-order from Girly Bits as I helped someone out and the polish they ordered hasn't arrived at GB yet, so the whole order is on hold. Things will arrive, but it's a bit frustrating to be waiting and waiting...
I guess indie polish sellers aren't the only people who are annoying to buy from! Hope you get the response you want.

PearlyQueen

I am absolutely fuming! Got my Stackry box today and I was sent a different version of the perfume I ordered. I specifically wanted the 2012 limited edition and was sent one that I already have. Ugh! Because it's a US seller, I can't return the perfume, so I guess I won't be able to get a refund either. I messaged them, we'll see. I'm so pissed off, I've had a really difficult week and was so looking forward to my package. Also one of my Glams leaked a little, but it's not broken, so I managed to clean up the bottle and popped a bit of thinner in it as it felt a bit thick. It's only about 2 ml, I'll live.

I am happy with my polishes, the FTLOP box is really gorgeous. The Lemming from last month's PPU seems lighter and more blue than the pictures showed, but its fine.

Still waiting for my Girly Bits order, but I did get my tiny Femme Fatale group buy order yesterday. I'll post pictures later if I have time. I've been really busy, my daughter started college on Tuesday and it of course didn't go as smoothly as i'd have hoped (wouldn't be us!) and my youngest is now more cooperative with home schooling, so I'm spending more time with him too. I miss lockdown days when we slept until 9 am and did nothing all day. (Although it is nice to have some "normality" in our lives again.)
Oh that is too frustrating. It's one of the drawbacks of buying through Stackry - I bought a handbag for about £70 that way, when it arrived they'd sent the wrong colour and there was nothing I could do about it - a return would have cost nearly as much as the bag. Really annoying as it was their error but I didn't pursue it. I must get round to selling it, I already had that colour and now I have two. Shame about the leak too, glad it didn't ruin or spill the whole bottle - I had that before too, Painted Polish, and it happened more than once with them - a brand that I've never gone back to since the second incident.
Glad you love your polishes.

PearlyQueen

I've opened a case with Paypal as the seller kept insisting that I need to send the perfume back for a full refund (having told them that I can't due to international shipping regulations). I've asked for half of it, hopefully I'll get it, then I'll try to sell it and hope to recoup the other half. The one I was sent is less rare, so won't fetch as much.

On a happier note, here are my polishes. First my Femme Fatales from the UK group buy:

View attachment 68080

And here's my Stackry lot:

View attachment 68081
Very nice! I'm drawn to the PfD on the bottom row - is that the PPU one I ordered (crosses fingers!)?

PearlyQueen

Time for some manis. First is Color Club Eternal Beauty (2013 untried) with Femme Fatale Fire in the Sky. I really love these Color Club holos. I'm planning on buying the 6 I don't have during the Black Friday sale. They only need 2 coats, don't drag and stamp really well too.

View attachment 68082

View attachment 68083

Next is Vapid Lacquer Pacific Coast HWI topped with Nails Inc Pinkie Pink (2013 untried). It was more coral than pink, but my camera didn't like it.

View attachment 68084

View attachment 68085

This is Emily de Molly Deep Sea Wonders topped with Darling Diva Anna (2013 untried).

View attachment 68086

View attachment 68087

Next is Tonic Polish Walk Through the Fire with Girly Bits As You Wish. They are nearly identical, except the Girly Bits has some flakies in it, but they're hard to see.

View attachment 68088

View attachment 68089

View attachment 68090

View attachment 68091
Nice! I do like the CC holos, but the one I wore peeled right off me so I decided not to buy any more (though I already had several). They do look nice on though. I love Anna! And those two multichromes do look incredibly similar.

PearlyQueen

And here is my latest mani - Claire's 259:
claires 259 1.jpg claires 259 2.jpg
I thought this looked really boring in the bottle and planned to put a topper on it. Tried on one nail but didn't like it and actually I love this polish as it is! So shiny, such a pretty colour, really metallic and a fairly pale colour that works on me. Quite impressed by this one coat wonder for £2.25 and no shipping to pay! Occasionally the high street does surprise with quality and good looks!

Anitacska

Oh that is too frustrating. It's one of the drawbacks of buying through Stackry - I bought a handbag for about £70 that way, when it arrived they'd sent the wrong colour and there was nothing I could do about it - a return would have cost nearly as much as the bag. Really annoying as it was their error but I didn't pursue it. I must get round to selling it, I already had that colour and now I have two. Shame about the leak too, glad it didn't ruin or spill the whole bottle - I had that before too, Painted Polish, and it happened more than once with them - a brand that I've never gone back to since the second incident.
Glad you love your polishes.

It is very annoying. If it was allowed, I would send the perfume back, it would cost me about £15, but it's still much less than what I paid for it. The seller insists that they sent the one they listed, I'm guessing maybe they listed the wrong item (on purpose?). They have been so unhelpful, it's ridiculous. But I guess lesson's learnt. I knew there was a risk, but I was more worried about it breaking or something like that.

The leak was fairly small and the polish dried around the neck of the bottle, so it prevented more coming out. I think the paper towel they use for packaging must have helped as it stuck to it.

Anitacska

And here is my latest mani - Claire's 259:
View attachment 68092 View attachment 68093
I thought this looked really boring in the bottle and planned to put a topper on it. Tried on one nail but didn't like it and actually I love this polish as it is! So shiny, such a pretty colour, really metallic and a fairly pale colour that works on me. Quite impressed by this one coat wonder for £2.25 and no shipping to pay! Occasionally the high street does surprise with quality and good looks!

This is very pretty. I have a few Claire's polishes too and they're pretty good. I sometimes pop in to see if they have any I fancy, although I haven't lately. I had a look at some Barry M's in Superdrug the other day, but there wasn't anything I wanted. I'm still trying to avoid the shops as much as possible.

PearlyQueen

This is very pretty. I have a few Claire's polishes too and they're pretty good. I sometimes pop in to see if they have any I fancy, although I haven't lately. I had a look at some Barry M's in Superdrug the other day, but there wasn't anything I wanted. I'm still trying to avoid the shops as much as possible.
Yes, I'm still avoiding shops except for essentials - and when you own 3K+ polishes, another one is far from essential!

PearlyQueen

So I just watched a swatching video for the Glam HHS release - not going as mad this year as usual. I'm thinking maybe 6, which includes one I might skip and excludes one I might decide to buy... Much cheaper than normal, at least until I see some swatch pics! And I don't want any of the trio either.
This is the video, I like her style:
Speeds through, you can see what they look like, stills at the end of each one with a name so you can pause it, a really helpful video!

Anitacska

So I just watched a swatching video for the Glam HHS release - not going as mad this year as usual. I'm thinking maybe 6, which includes one I might skip and excludes one I might decide to buy... Much cheaper than normal, at least until I see some swatch pics! And I don't want any of the trio either.
This is the video, I like her style:
Speeds through, you can see what they look like, stills at the end of each one with a name so you can pause it, a really helpful video!

I literally just finished watching it myself! I don't want too many either, mostly the ones with multicolour flakies plus the flakie one from the trio. I haven't counted, but 6-7 is my guess.

Anitacska

I have a few more manis to show. First is Lilypad Lacquer Queen with Polished for Days Hawthorne. I really liked this mani.

IMG_20200910_115803841.jpg

IMG_20200910_115817180.jpg

IMG_20200910_115839324.jpg

IMG_20200910_121844568.jpg

Next is Illyrian Polish Dew. Not my favourite Illyrian, but it's nice.

IMG_20200912_143434275.jpg

IMG_20200912_143511171.jpg

IMG_20200912_143527593.jpg

Finally this is Different Dimension Comet with Topshop Brazil (2013 untried). I love the DD, it's so sparkly and shiny.

IMG_20200914_110744257.jpg

IMG_20200914_110802896.jpg

IMG_20200914_110822999.jpg

Latest posts