Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

I've had such a busy and tiring week, TGIF. What are you buying from Glam today? I think I'm getting 6: Would You Do It For a Scooby Snack, Scare Me, Terrifying Tales, Monster Mash, Penny Dreadful and In Our Town of Halloween. Apparently they won't ship until December though, mind you, it's not like I'm short of polishes for Halloween and in general. (Not really doing Halloween anyway, especially not this year.)

I was a bit underwhelmed with PPU at first, but there are still a few polishes I'd like, will probably get 4. Pretty sure I'll get the Femme Fatale, Fair Maiden and Supernatural, and then pick another one out of the Lilypad, Alchemy (the pink one, not the blue/green flakie topper) and Nailed It. Might go with the Lilypad.

I received one polish this week, it's the Lacquester from the Polish Con UK group. It was held virtually as obviously it couldn't go ahead. I think it's really pretty.

IMG_20200923_152724858.jpg

My Tonics from Girly Bits are finally on their way and Kay says the Glams were posted yesterday, so hurray! I still haven't finished swatching them all, I've hardly done any in the past 3 weeks. I'm barely managing to stay awake long enough to do my nails.

What do you think of the new PfD collection? I quite like them, but the polishes are beginning to look a bit samey. I found the same with the PPU colour, it's just the smae flakies in a different colour base nowadays. So I'm not getting that, but I'll probably get some of the new collection during the Black Friday sale.

I'll try to post some mani pictures soon, but I'm really tired now. I'm not a morning person, and having to get up at 6.30 am every day has really taken its toll. Yawn.

PearlyQueen

I have a few more manis to show. First is Lilypad Lacquer Queen with Polished for Days Hawthorne. I really liked this mani.

View attachment 68125

View attachment 68126

View attachment 68127

View attachment 68128

Next is Illyrian Polish Dew. Not my favourite Illyrian, but it's nice.

View attachment 68129

View attachment 68130

View attachment 68131

Finally this is Different Dimension Comet with Topshop Brazil (2013 untried). I love the DD, it's so sparkly and shiny.

View attachment 68132

View attachment 68134

View attachment 68133
Very nice! Hawthorne is lovely and I agree with you on the DD - a nice pretty colour. Not so keen on the Illyrian, it really wouldn't suit me but it looks good on you.

PearlyQueen

Yay! PayPal awarded me $45! The stupid seller can suck it! I will list the perfume on eBay, I should be able to recoup the other $45 with any luck.
I'm pleased for you! Hope you get the rest back from selling it. My lockdown project has been to clear out clothes that no longer fit and I'm finding I'm selling a fair amount of them on eBay! My old tat is turning into money on a daily basis. It's very satisfying, and is clearing me some much needed space too. I still have two full bin bags of stuff to iron and photograph as well, could turn out to be a nice little earner!

PearlyQueen

I've had such a busy and tiring week, TGIF. What are you buying from Glam today? I think I'm getting 6: Would You Do It For a Scooby Snack, Scare Me, Terrifying Tales, Monster Mash, Penny Dreadful and In Our Town of Halloween. Apparently they won't ship until December though, mind you, it's not like I'm short of polishes for Halloween and in general. (Not really doing Halloween anyway, especially not this year.)

I was a bit underwhelmed with PPU at first, but there are still a few polishes I'd like, will probably get 4. Pretty sure I'll get the Femme Fatale, Fair Maiden and Supernatural, and then pick another one out of the Lilypad, Alchemy (the pink one, not the blue/green flakie topper) and Nailed It. Might go with the Lilypad.

I received one polish this week, it's the Lacquester from the Polish Con UK group. It was held virtually as obviously it couldn't go ahead. I think it's really pretty.

View attachment 68141

My Tonics from Girly Bits are finally on their way and Kay says the Glams were posted yesterday, so hurray! I still haven't finished swatching them all, I've hardly done any in the past 3 weeks. I'm barely managing to stay awake long enough to do my nails.

What do you think of the new PfD collection? I quite like them, but the polishes are beginning to look a bit samey. I found the same with the PPU colour, it's just the smae flakies in a different colour base nowadays. So I'm not getting that, but I'll probably get some of the new collection during the Black Friday sale.

I'll try to post some mani pictures soon, but I'm really tired now. I'm not a morning person, and having to get up at 6.30 am every day has really taken its toll. Yawn.
I've had a bit of a week too, students came back on Monday and though I'm not back to campus till next year it's been full on preparing for them and answering all their questions. I now also have a skype phone line from them coming into my laptop, which feels just wrong! So glad it's the weekend, but the F1 is early this week, so no long lies sadly.
My Glam list only overlaps with yours by one! Terrifying Tales. I'm also planning to get Lucifer (of course!), Mr Slappy, Doctor Sleep, Amityville, Interview with the Vampire. I'm additionally very drawn to the green one (I know, unusual!) Creepy Creeps with Eerie Eyes, but I'm not sure. Probably skip that. Amityville is the other I'm less sure about, we'll see how the impulse hits me when I get my shopping boots on!
I haven't seen much from new PPU yet, so no clue what I'll buy. I like about half of the PfDs, tempted to buy them soon from Harlow as I have loads of points and they do free shipping - I also fancy the red Wildflower that they released recently. We'll see how it goes.

I like your Lacquester, and yay for getting your deliveries soon! I too have my Glam shipping notice.

Anitacska

I've had a bit of a week too, students came back on Monday and though I'm not back to campus till next year it's been full on preparing for them and answering all their questions. I now also have a skype phone line from them coming into my laptop, which feels just wrong! So glad it's the weekend, but the F1 is early this week, so no long lies sadly.
My Glam list only overlaps with yours by one! Terrifying Tales. I'm also planning to get Lucifer (of course!), Mr Slappy, Doctor Sleep, Amityville, Interview with the Vampire. I'm additionally very drawn to the green one (I know, unusual!) Creepy Creeps with Eerie Eyes, but I'm not sure. Probably skip that. Amityville is the other I'm less sure about, we'll see how the impulse hits me when I get my shopping boots on!
I haven't seen much from new PPU yet, so no clue what I'll buy. I like about half of the PfDs, tempted to buy them soon from Harlow as I have loads of points and they do free shipping - I also fancy the red Wildflower that they released recently. We'll see how it goes.

I like your Lacquester, and yay for getting your deliveries soon! I too have my Glam shipping notice.

Did you get everything you wanted? I got all 6.

PearlyQueen

Did you get everything you wanted? I got all 6.
:( No. I was right in the middle of doing my nails (didn't realise it was so late!) and missed the launch. Doctor Sleep, Mr Slappy and Amityville Horror were all gone. Bit gutted as Mr Slappy was the one I fancied most, the other two not so fussed. So I added the Creepy green one and just got four. I just checked the Oz site to see if they still had Mr Slappy, I thought maybe I could ask for one to be added but it was sold out there too - they had very few left at all. Oh well, not exactly short of polish! I will just have to do without that one.

Anitacska

I'm pleased for you! Hope you get the rest back from selling it. My lockdown project has been to clear out clothes that no longer fit and I'm finding I'm selling a fair amount of them on eBay! My old tat is turning into money on a daily basis. It's very satisfying, and is clearing me some much needed space too. I still have two full bin bags of stuff to iron and photograph as well, could turn out to be a nice little earner!

That's really cool! I don't have any clothes that would fetch me any money, I usually only buy from Primark/supermarkets. Maybe Debenhams if I'm feeling flush, hahaha! I did have a ton of size 10/12 clothes that I saved for when I lose weight, which never happened, but I just chucked them out when we emptied out the loft. Mind you, those weren't anything fancy or worth trying to sell either. I still have some make up I should look through and list, but I'd been busy with other stuff (or just not feeling motivated).

Anitacska

My eldest hasn't started uni yet, but my middle one has been in college for the last 2.5 weeks and has to be there by 8.45. I drive her as it's safer than taking the train, so have to be out of the house by 8.15. Yawn!

My youngest has had a massive change of attitude and has decided that he wanted to finally learn, so we've been doing home learning for 2 hours a day or so together (plus he does some on his own too). Pleased with that, but it obviously takes up a lot of my time. At least I can get my eldest to help with the housework.

Sorry you missed out on some of the Glams. I always set alarms on my phone for restocks.

PearlyQueen

That's really cool! I don't have any clothes that would fetch me any money, I usually only buy from Primark/supermarkets. Maybe Debenhams if I'm feeling flush, hahaha! I did have a ton of size 10/12 clothes that I saved for when I lose weight, which never happened, but I just chucked them out when we emptied out the loft. Mind you, those weren't anything fancy or worth trying to sell either. I still have some make up I should look through and list, but I'd been busy with other stuff (or just not feeling motivated).
I didn't think I had either! I've sold about 20 garments and cleared about £200 after fees and postage - not bad! I won't be retiring on it mind, but as I said I've a load more to list so fingers crossed it will keep up at that rate. People seem to love my "vintage" stuff, the feedback I've had has all been very good, I didn't know it was vintage either till I started this project! I

Anitacska

I didn't think I had either! I've sold about 20 garments and cleared about £200 after fees and postage - not bad! I won't be retiring on it mind, but as I said I've a load more to list so fingers crossed it will keep up at that rate. People seem to love my "vintage" stuff, the feedback I've had has all been very good, I didn't know it was vintage either till I started this project! I

That's really good! A bit of pocket money for some more polish is never a bad thing.

Anitacska

I have some recent manis to show. First up is Lilypad Lacquer Life on the Dark Side with Nails Inc Gloucester Walk. I was very happy with this mani, the Lilypad is especially stunning. The Nails Inc could've done with another coat of topcoat as it was very bumpy, but it was fine.

IMG_20200916_112501128.jpg

IMG_20200916_163541144.jpg

Next is Picture Polish Warning with Collection Love Jewel, both 2013 untrieds. I have to say, I've not really worn a PP and liked it, certainly not recently. They seem to be really sheer and meh. This had a huge amount of shrikage too.

IMG_20200918_142014649.jpg

IMG_20200918_142054889.jpg

This is Emily de Molly All I See with Femme Fatale Enceladus Haze. The EdM is one of my newest ones, the FF is quite old. I found they matched really well and I really liked this mani.

IMG_20200920_111724205.jpg

IMG_20200920_111735560.jpg

IMG_20200920_111758323.jpg

IMG_20200920_111803478.jpg

PearlyQueen

I have some recent manis to show. First up is Lilypad Lacquer Life on the Dark Side with Nails Inc Gloucester Walk. I was very happy with this mani, the Lilypad is especially stunning. The Nails Inc could've done with another coat of topcoat as it was very bumpy, but it was fine.

View attachment 68155

View attachment 68156

Next is Picture Polish Warning with Collection Love Jewel, both 2013 untrieds. I have to say, I've not really worn a PP and liked it, certainly not recently. They seem to be really sheer and meh. This had a huge amount of shrikage too.

View attachment 68157

View attachment 68158

This is Emily de Molly All I See with Femme Fatale Enceladus Haze. The EdM is one of my newest ones, the FF is quite old. I found they matched really well and I really liked this mani.

View attachment 68159

View attachment 68160

View attachment 68161

View attachment 68162
I actually like all of these! Very nice indeed - and yes, the last two are a good match! Picture Polish is one of those brands I think is seriously over-hyped for very ordinary polish. I of course fell for it a bit, fortunately didn't buy hundreds though! I think I own 10, five of which were the multichrome holo set that I found so disappointing.

Anitacska

Speaking of Tonic, I have finally received my Girly Bits order.

IMG_20200928_125714235.jpg

I'm still not sure what I'm buying from PPU, I have 4 on my list, but I'm really only in love with 2.

FF has a new collection tomorrow and I like a few, but luckily not too many.

Have you seen the FTLOP box? I really like it overall, but not sure if any of the polishes are actually that unique iyswim. It's too early to send to Stackry yet, so it would have to be sent here, but not sure if I want to fork out that much for it.

Oh, Anne, I accidentally came across your eBay listings! I'm not a stalker, I swear! I have an e-mail notification set for EP listings (just in case someone somewhere sells December 2012 - dream on, eh?) and your Scientealliant listing popped up in it. When I checked to see the listing I saw it was you! I did have a nosey and your clother and shoes do look pretty cool. I don't think my Primark/Sainsbury's/Tesco chic would attract much interest, hahaha!

PearlyQueen

Speaking of Tonic, I have finally received my Girly Bits order.

View attachment 68188

I'm still not sure what I'm buying from PPU, I have 4 on my list, but I'm really only in love with 2.

FF has a new collection tomorrow and I like a few, but luckily not too many.

Have you seen the FTLOP box? I really like it overall, but not sure if any of the polishes are actually that unique iyswim. It's too early to send to Stackry yet, so it would have to be sent here, but not sure if I want to fork out that much for it.

Oh, Anne, I accidentally came across your eBay listings! I'm not a stalker, I swear! I have an e-mail notification set for EP listings (just in case someone somewhere sells December 2012 - dream on, eh?) and your Scientealliant listing popped up in it. When I checked to see the listing I saw it was you! I did have a nosey and your clother and shoes do look pretty cool. I don't think my Primark/Sainsbury's/Tesco chic would attract much interest, hahaha!
Oh, I like those! The two in the middle will be on my swap list (this is going to end up huge!!!), and I also like the one on the left (what's it called? Can't see the label!). A very nice order indeed.
I'm not buying from PPU this month! I was only really tempted by the Great Lakes but not enough to buy it.
FTLOP I am massively tempted by this time though. And I love almost all of the new PfD collection (just watched a swatch video). Thinking I might get the box and my four faves from the collection... I was meant to wait till BF for PfD, but just scrolled through their site and there are absolutely loads I haven't got yet and do want. I don't think this new collection will be on sale for BF, going on last year's event, so I'm thinking might as well jump now. I've been so restrained this month - just the four from Glam so far!
I have an EP notification on for eBay too, nothing's come up on it for a long time! Were you shocked at my blatant profiteering with Scintealliant? I actually bought a spare for swapping back when I was mad for all the old EPs I don't have, but never joined any groups and didn't think through the postage costs to the US where all the fanatics live! I just thought I'd take a punt to see if anyone jumped on it but there's not been any interest at the current price, will drop it as time goes by. I'm rubbish at figuring out pricing for eBay anyway, it's all guesswork! I used to always list stuff for £1 and take what it went to, but my recent attempt at that found that no-one bids on stuff these days and all I got was that £1, so now I go high and reduce as time passes.

Latest posts