Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Oh, I like those! The two in the middle will be on my swap list (this is going to end up huge!!!), and I also like the one on the left (what's it called? Can't see the label!). A very nice order indeed.
I'm not buying from PPU this month! I was only really tempted by the Great Lakes but not enough to buy it.
FTLOP I am massively tempted by this time though. And I love almost all of the new PfD collection (just watched a swatch video). Thinking I might get the box and my four faves from the collection... I was meant to wait till BF for PfD, but just scrolled through their site and there are absolutely loads I haven't got yet and do want. I don't think this new collection will be on sale for BF, going on last year's event, so I'm thinking might as well jump now. I've been so restrained this month - just the four from Glam so far!
I have an EP notification on for eBay too, nothing's come up on it for a long time! Were you shocked at my blatant profiteering with Scintealliant? I actually bought a spare for swapping back when I was mad for all the old EPs I don't have, but never joined any groups and didn't think through the postage costs to the US where all the fanatics live! I just thought I'd take a punt to see if anyone jumped on it but there's not been any interest at the current price, will drop it as time goes by. I'm rubbish at figuring out pricing for eBay anyway, it's all guesswork! I used to always list stuff for £1 and take what it went to, but my recent attempt at that found that no-one bids on stuff these days and all I got was that £1, so now I go high and reduce as time passes.

Sure, no problem. The one on the left is Wish Upon a Star.

Yeah, you're probably right, she never discounts the newest collection. I've just checked the UK shipping cost and it's $25 for 9 bottles. I think I want 6 from the new collection (don't like the orange creme and Ruska, it looks a bit dull), plus 3 for the FTLOP box. I don't know. I have bought everything I wanted up to this collection. If she does proto grab bags for Black Friday, I will definitely want those.

I don't judge. I don't think you'll sell it for £50, but there's no harm in trying. I also listed the perfume a bit higher than what I want to get for it, but actually the price I listed for is what they usually sell for, so we'll see.

PearlyQueen

Sure, no problem. The one on the left is Wish Upon a Star.

Yeah, you're probably right, she never discounts the newest collection. I've just checked the UK shipping cost and it's $25 for 9 bottles. I think I want 6 from the new collection (don't like the orange creme and Ruska, it looks a bit dull), plus 3 for the FTLOP box. I don't know. I have bought everything I wanted up to this collection. If she does proto grab bags for Black Friday, I will definitely want those.

I don't judge. I don't think you'll sell it for £50, but there's no harm in trying. I also listed the perfume a bit higher than what I want to get for it, but actually the price I listed for is what they usually sell for, so we'll see.
I don't like the orange creme either! The rest are nice, though the palest blue is a bit transparent. The pink duochrome is pretty but not unique and the grey holo is a bit less my style, though I really like it. I thought I'd get the other 4 plus the box, and leave those ones to see if I'm wrong about BF discounts. I reckon there will be either protos or On a Whims, and hopefully a decent discount on older ones. I have hardly anything since last BF so a whole year's worth really. And lots of the polishes I like but not sure I want to pay full price for (so many nice greens for instance!). I haven't even got the new year duo yet. So if I can get all of those with money off, I'll probably leave the rest of the new ones till next time around...
We'll see how it goes on Friday, with the Illyrians not shipping to UK and not liking new PPUs I feel like it's PfD's turn for my cash!
I really don't expect to sell the EP for so much, as I said it's just a feeler to see how it goes - won't turn it down if it sells!

Anitacska

I forgot to say, I had my tooth pulled out yesterday. It kept bothering me and for the second time this month, my gum around it swelled up and was really painful. Last time it settled down after a couple of days, but this time I just couldn't be bothered to wait. I got an emergency appointment for the same day and the dentist whipped the tooth out there and then. It only took 5 seconds, it came out really quickly. It cost £80 though! :eek: Ridiculous. Luckily it doesn't hurt at all, other than that my gum/jaw is still a bit swollen. Since it's the 5th one (pre-molar I think it's called), I'm not in a rush to have thehole filled. Also the dentist did say I need to wait a few months.

PearlyQueen

I forgot to say, I had my tooth pulled out yesterday. It kept bothering me and for the second time this month, my gum around it swelled up and was really painful. Last time it settled down after a couple of days, but this time I just couldn't be bothered to wait. I got an emergency appointment for the same day and the dentist whipped the tooth out there and then. It only took 5 seconds, it came out really quickly. It cost £80 though! :eek: Ridiculous. Luckily it doesn't hurt at all, other than that my gum/jaw is still a bit swollen. Since it's the 5th one (pre-molar I think it's called), I'm not in a rush to have thehole filled. Also the dentist did say I need to wait a few months.
You'll be glad to be rid of it I expect - I was delighted when I lost/pulled some of my painful ones. They do know how to charge mind you! Glad it feels OK now.

PearlyQueen

I just checked my emails, it looks like Black Friday last year was last time I ordered from PfD direct, I've just had PPU ones and the PPU rewind shade since then. It doesn't feel like it's been that long!

Anitacska

You'll be glad to be rid of it I expect - I was delighted when I lost/pulled some of my painful ones. They do know how to charge mind you! Glad it feels OK now.

Oh I am. I didn't chew on that side anyway as I didn't want the debris to get into the gum and it was quite wobbly, so there was no point in keeping it, especially as it kept hurting.

Anitacska

I just checked my emails, it looks like Black Friday last year was last time I ordered from PfD direct, I've just had PPU ones and the PPU rewind shade since then. It doesn't feel like it's been that long!

I was like that with Glam, the last time I ordered was from the Halloween Horror Shop last year. Obviously I did get my decants from you, but nothing else. Of course now I have 20 new ones, plus 6 more to come.

PearlyQueen

I'm now having second thoughts about FTLOP, seeing more swatches makes me want it less! The GLL is not really my colour but it's nice. However, the new pictures I've seen make it look a bit overly transparent (I saw nail line!!!). I'm feeling very indecisive about it now, Pahlish is a pretty colour but I must have something very similar, PfD is pretty (so the usual thing, love one, like one, not sure about one...). I don't know why I seem to be so indecisive about polish shopping at the moment - maybe the addiction is fading.

Anitacska

I'm now having second thoughts about FTLOP, seeing more swatches makes me want it less! The GLL is not really my colour but it's nice. However, the new pictures I've seen make it look a bit overly transparent (I saw nail line!!!). I'm feeling very indecisive about it now, Pahlish is a pretty colour but I must have something very similar, PfD is pretty (so the usual thing, love one, like one, not sure about one...). I don't know why I seem to be so indecisive about polish shopping at the moment - maybe the addiction is fading.

I think I will buy it, but I'm still not sure if I'll buy any other polishes to go with it. I might just save them for one big order for BF, that way I can use Paypal credit and get 4 months interest free (it has to be over £100).

I bought 4 from PPU yesterday, FF, Supernatural, Alchemy and Fair Maiden. Of course my daughter wanted to go shopping at that exact time, so I was 15 minutes late, but luckily nothing was sold out.

I also bought 3 polishes from FF.

Tonic has 7 new colours coming out, but they're mostly greens and yellows/oranges, so I only want 3.

PearlyQueen

I think I will buy it, but I'm still not sure if I'll buy any other polishes to go with it. I might just save them for one big order for BF, that way I can use Paypal credit and get 4 months interest free (it has to be over £100).

I bought 4 from PPU yesterday, FF, Supernatural, Alchemy and Fair Maiden. Of course my daughter wanted to go shopping at that exact time, so I was 15 minutes late, but luckily nothing was sold out.

I also bought 3 polishes from FF.

Tonic has 7 new colours coming out, but they're mostly greens and yellows/oranges, so I only want 3.
Yup, I'm thinking to get all the PfDs as one big postage payment on BF since I'm not sure about this box. Nice choices from PPU. I'm still skipping that after another look at them. Hope you love all your new pretties!

Anitacska

Yup, I'm thinking to get all the PfDs as one big postage payment on BF since I'm not sure about this box. Nice choices from PPU. I'm still skipping that after another look at them. Hope you love all your new pretties!

So after all that, I ended up ordering the new polishes form PfD as well as the FTLOP box. I realised that there was a $7 off shipping code, so this way the shipping was $18 vs. $16.50 for just the FTLOP box. And I got to use Paypal credit, so I don't have to pay for them until February.

Anitacska

I have some manis to share. First up is Tonic Polish Curio with Ethereal Lacquer We're All Mad Here. I really liked this mani, although I'm still not 100% sold on UP polishes.

IMG_20200922_140254364.jpg

IMG_20200922_140300410.jpg

IMG_20200922_140342638.jpg

IMG_20200922_140402747.jpg

Next is Femme Fatale Faline with Hits Glitters World Cairo (2013 untried). This did not look good with my skintone.

IMG_20200924_122507361.jpg

IMG_20200924_122555731.jpg

This is Tonic Polish 4 Ever with Pahlish Haunted Crescent. I really liked this one.

IMG_20200926_130629966.jpg

IMG_20200926_130455739.jpg

IMG_20200926_130530638.jpg

IMG_20200926_130509984.jpg

PearlyQueen

So after all that, I ended up ordering the new polishes form PfD as well as the FTLOP box. I realised that there was a $7 off shipping code, so this way the shipping was $18 vs. $16.50 for just the FTLOP box. And I got to use Paypal credit, so I don't have to pay for them until February.
Nice discount!

PearlyQueen

I have some manis to share. First up is Tonic Polish Curio with Ethereal Lacquer We're All Mad Here. I really liked this mani, although I'm still not 100% sold on UP polishes.

View attachment 68198

View attachment 68199

View attachment 68200

View attachment 68201

Next is Femme Fatale Faline with Hits Glitters World Cairo (2013 untried). This did not look good with my skintone.

View attachment 68202

View attachment 68203

This is Tonic Polish 4 Ever with Pahlish Haunted Crescent. I really liked this one.

View attachment 68204

View attachment 68205

View attachment 68206

View attachment 68207
I really don't like that middle mani at all, but the first and third are really nice! Especially the accent nails IMO.

Anitacska

I have a few more mani pictures that I didn't get around to posting yesterday. First is Glam Polish Love Always Finds a Way with Glam Polish The Lost Princess.

IMG_20200928_124708469.jpg

IMG_20200928_124742721.jpg

IMG_20200928_124802324.jpg

Next is Tonic Polish Be My Violet-tine. This looked much nicer irl, but it was a gloomy rainy day when I took the pictures.

IMG_20200930_150722586.jpg

IMG_20200930_150752895.jpg

IMG_20200930_150801540.jpg

Finally my current mani, Emily de Molly Deafening Silence topped with Topshop Sleepwalker (2013 untried).

IMG_20201002_125204272.jpg

IMG_20201002_125215211.jpg

IMG_20201002_125258717.jpg

PearlyQueen

I have a few more mani pictures that I didn't get around to posting yesterday. First is Glam Polish Love Always Finds a Way with Glam Polish The Lost Princess.

View attachment 68209

View attachment 68210

View attachment 68211

Next is Tonic Polish Be My Violet-tine. This looked much nicer irl, but it was a gloomy rainy day when I took the pictures.

View attachment 68212

View attachment 68213

View attachment 68214

Finally my current mani, Emily de Molly Deafening Silence topped with Topshop Sleepwalker (2013 untried).

View attachment 68215

View attachment 68216

View attachment 68217
That first mani is so cute and girly, I love it. And the EdM looks like a really nice holo.

Latest posts