Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

New mani is Illyrian Polish Bettie Page:
DSC03671.JPG DSC03673.JPG DSC03674.JPG DSC03666.JPG

The daylight pictures all look very blue, this is much more colour accurate in the last purple base picture (that's why I included its blurry self!)

Anitacska

Yay on both of those! A relief to get your money back - and finish a long job, must have taken ages.

I actually made about £20 on it, although I didn't count the $2 consolidation fee and the extra shipping from Stackry, so not sure, but I definitely broke even at the very least.

The Glams took longer then the others, I was half dead in the evenings for the first 2-3 weeks of the term. I've never been a morning person, but it was such a shock having to get up at 6.30 almost every morning after ages of lie ins.

I actually bought another LE Paris perfume. I managed to find the 2010 version on eBay. Now I'm only missing the 2012 one and a couple of special edition ones, but I'm not sure if I'll ever find those. It's become a bit of an obsession, lol, but now I kind of need to buy them all.

PearlyQueen

I actually made about £20 on it, although I didn't count the $2 consolidation fee and the extra shipping from Stackry, so not sure, but I definitely broke even at the very least.

The Glams took longer then the others, I was half dead in the evenings for the first 2-3 weeks of the term. I've never been a morning person, but it was such a shock having to get up at 6.30 almost every morning after ages of lie ins.

I actually bought another LE Paris perfume. I managed to find the 2010 version on eBay. Now I'm only missing the 2012 one and a couple of special edition ones, but I'm not sure if I'll ever find those. It's become a bit of an obsession, lol, but now I kind of need to buy them all.
A profit is always good! 6:30 am starts are not good, because I'm still wfh I don't get up till 8:30 now, the idea of the 7am rising every day is scary to me now!
Nice to catch one of your missing perfumes - hope you find the others one day.

Anitacska

Glad I mentioned it then! Tbh it's somewhere between the two shades, but assuredly purple not blue.

Yeah, it's okay, but there are others I like more. On that note, have you ordered from Illyrian? I looked at the new polishes, some are quite nice, but unless you buy them, I will live without them. Also I see she's put her prices up to $13.50.

PearlyQueen

Yeah, it's okay, but there are others I like more. On that note, have you ordered from Illyrian? I looked at the new polishes, some are quite nice, but unless you buy them, I will live without them. Also I see she's put her prices up to $13.50.
She doesn't even give advance notice in the group of what she's selling any more. And I did like a couple of the new protos, but not enough to start a Stackry box. And yes, increased prices. I will probably still do a BF order if there's anything I want for sale at a decent price but not planning her being one of my main shopping brands going forward. I had my eye on some polishes at RC recently, some Wildflowers and a Fancy Gloss and a few others but by the time I made my mind up most of them were gone - I did buy a Wildflower mystery bag though plus an EdM I've been fancying and a topper by Quixotic, but I was actually gutted to miss out on the Wildflower and Fancy Gloss that I really wanted. Both were pre-orders, and are also closed on their own websites :( - hoping they will come back but as I don't know their ways of working I don't know if they will. I was also going to buy some of the WFs from H&Co but they've all but one sold out there too :( Too damn slow to decide! I'm so liking the red WF I'm tempted to buy it all alone from H&Co... Or I could add some PfDs to an order from them. They really don't carry much I want to buy these days. Annoying. I've found that with most of the multi-brand stockists now, just not carrying the stuff I really like any more.

Anitacska

She doesn't even give advance notice in the group of what she's selling any more. And I did like a couple of the new protos, but not enough to start a Stackry box. And yes, increased prices. I will probably still do a BF order if there's anything I want for sale at a decent price but not planning her being one of my main shopping brands going forward. I had my eye on some polishes at RC recently, some Wildflowers and a Fancy Gloss and a few others but by the time I made my mind up most of them were gone - I did buy a Wildflower mystery bag though plus an EdM I've been fancying and a topper by Quixotic, but I was actually gutted to miss out on the Wildflower and Fancy Gloss that I really wanted. Both were pre-orders, and are also closed on their own websites :( - hoping they will come back but as I don't know their ways of working I don't know if they will. I was also going to buy some of the WFs from H&Co but they've all but one sold out there too :( Too damn slow to decide! I'm so liking the red WF I'm tempted to buy it all alone from H&Co... Or I could add some PfDs to an order from them. They really don't carry much I want to buy these days. Annoying. I've found that with most of the multi-brand stockists now, just not carrying the stuff I really like any more.

Wow, she really doesn't care anymore, does she?

Sorry you missed out on the polishes you liked. I don't really buy from either brand, I have one from WF that looks very sheer and 3 from FG, one thermal died before I could use it.

Tonic has announced that she's reducing her workload, so will have less polishes in stock and for less long than usual. I'll need to buy what I want tomorrow when the new collection comes out because I really don't want to miss out. It's annoying, but understandable, she has 2 young boys who are being home schooled at the moment and she wants to spend more time with them. I have almost 250 Tonics, I can live without adding more to them.

PearlyQueen

Wow, she really doesn't care anymore, does she?

Sorry you missed out on the polishes you liked. I don't really buy from either brand, I have one from WF that looks very sheer and 3 from FG, one thermal died before I could use it.

Tonic has announced that she's reducing her workload, so will have less polishes in stock and for less long than usual. I'll need to buy what I want tomorrow when the new collection comes out because I really don't want to miss out. It's annoying, but understandable, she has 2 young boys who are being home schooled at the moment and she wants to spend more time with them. I have almost 250 Tonics, I can live without adding more to them.
I guess she doesn't! Not sure she ever did to be honest.
I don't own any Wildflowers (or at least not till they arrive!) and I have just one Fancy Gloss which I don't remember buying and never wore! It's a pink holo so I guess a long time ago, maybe in a box or from C4N??? Who knows! It was just one of those things where I was seeing what RC had in stock and totally fell in love, spent a week talking myself into/out of ordering and discovered both were gone! Then panic bought the mysteries, which is totally not like me these days!
Tonic keeping less availability is a shame, it is much more convenient to buy in bulk when postage is so expensive. 250 is a lot! I have about 25, including several decants from you!
I guess my little spell of thinking polish addiction was fading has passed - as well as RC order, I now have a few Shleees on the way...
I'm also quite interested by the new Glam inspiration pics for next release, I feel another order coming on there! I might be wrong of course, inspiration pics don't always lead to the best polishes, but it's two good themes so I expect to hit the CC that day.

Anitacska

I guess she doesn't! Not sure she ever did to be honest.
I don't own any Wildflowers (or at least not till they arrive!) and I have just one Fancy Gloss which I don't remember buying and never wore! It's a pink holo so I guess a long time ago, maybe in a box or from C4N??? Who knows! It was just one of those things where I was seeing what RC had in stock and totally fell in love, spent a week talking myself into/out of ordering and discovered both were gone! Then panic bought the mysteries, which is totally not like me these days!
Tonic keeping less availability is a shame, it is much more convenient to buy in bulk when postage is so expensive. 250 is a lot! I have about 25, including several decants from you!
I guess my little spell of thinking polish addiction was fading has passed - as well as RC order, I now have a few Shleees on the way...
I'm also quite interested by the new Glam inspiration pics for next release, I feel another order coming on there! I might be wrong of course, inspiration pics don't always lead to the best polishes, but it's two good themes so I expect to hit the CC that day.

I don't really go by inspiration pictures, sometimes they look promising, but like you said, they don't always turn into polishes I might want.

I'm a bit bummed about the Tonic changes, especially as this launch is quite limited too. I get it that she doesn't want to stock 50+ colours at the same time, but doing a very limited launch will likely piss off a lot of people. Also she only gave a day's notice about the current colours leaving the store AND they won't even overlap with this release. I mean come on! Not everyone is on Facebook or can afford to place an order right away.

On the upside, Girly Bits is doing a pre-rder for the new release, so I guess I can always order from her if I miss out, but she doesn't have the last collection for sale. Ugh, annoying all around.

Last edited:

Anitacska

I'm really pissed off with Annette of RC right now. Just got my PPU UK polishes. I bought 7 and paid $8 for shipping by MyHermes as it was more than 4 bottles. I don't think it costs anywhere that much to post with MyHermes, but whatever. Anyway, she sent all 7 in one package by Royal Mail that cost her £4, so she's basically pocketed the difference. I sent her an email and asked for the difference to be refunded, but I will also email PPU and complain about her. Good knows how much money she's making by doing this every month. Ugh, I hate her so much.

Anitacska

She refunded me, but I may never receive another PPU package, now that I've pissed her off, hahaha. Decided not to complain to PPU, she'd just say she got mixed up or something. Next month I'm having it sent to Stackry anyway.

Here's my order, I'm pretty happy with everything, especially liking the PfD, FF and Pahlish.

IMG_20201010_132808033.jpg

Last edited:

boschicka

I don't really go by inspiration pictures, sometimes they look promising, but like you said, they don't always turn into polishes I might want.

I'm a bit bummed about the Tonic changes, especially as this launch is quite limited too. I get it that she doesn't want to stock 50+ colours at the same time, but doing a very limited launch will likely piss off a lot of people. Also she only gave a day's notice about the current colours leaving the store AND they won't even overlap with this release. I mean come on! Not everyone is on Facebook or can afford to place an order right away.

On the upside, Girly Bits is doing a pre-rder for the new release, so I guess I can always order from her if I miss out, but she doesn't have the last collection for sale. Ugh, annoying all around.
Wow, that's crazy how Tonic is handling this. I understand the need for change, but no warning and removing the polishes before release day today, forcing people to place two orders with no combined shipping is really quite sh*tty.

boschicka

I'm really pissed off with Annette of RC right now. Just got my PPU UK polishes. I bought 7 and paid $8 for shipping by MyHermes as it was more than 4 bottles. I don't think it costs anywhere that much to post with MyHermes, but whatever. Anyway, she sent all 7 in one package by Royal Mail that cost her £4, so she's basically pocketed the difference. I sent her an email and asked for the difference to be refunded, but I will also email PPU and complain about her. Good knows how much money she's making by doing this every month. Ugh, I hate her so much.
That's disgusting. Glad you held your ground, but still annoying now that you either don't have that option or have to worry about it.

Anitacska

Wow, that's crazy how Tonic is handling this. I understand the need for change, but no warning and removing the polishes before release day today, forcing people to place two orders with no combined shipping is really quite sh*tty.

I agree, it's ridiculous. Luckily I had previously bought everything I wanted (although I was contemplating getting Pepper Undies at some point), because there was no way I was going to place two orders. I also managed to buy what I wanted from this and the previous release, but My Little Rainbow is already sold out, so no doubt some people will have missed out.

PearlyQueen

Yeah that's pants - especially the lack of notice, and the fact that it's only been put on FB. If you're used to being able to buy when you're ready, this sort of change is a horrible surprise.

PearlyQueen

Very irritating. On the plus side I got mine too, and i'm very happy with them. I must admit, I've always found RC relatively easy to deal with, don't recall any major issues with her.

PearlyQueen

She refunded me, but I may never receive another PPU package, now that I've pissed her off, hahaha. Decided not to complain to PPU, she'd just say she got mixed up or something. Next month I'm having it sent to Stackry anyway.

Here's my order, I'm pretty happy with everything, especially liking the PfD, FF and Pahlish.

View attachment 68237
Glad you got your refund. Hopefully she won't bear grudges in case you want to go back! Your order is very pretty, my fave is the Pahlish, but I do like all three you mentioned - the PfD looks gorgeous!

PearlyQueen

So I contacted Annette about the polishes I missed on pre-order. She's confirmed the Fancy Gloss will definitely be restocked, and "probably" the Wildflower. Not sure whether to go for the WF from H&C or not now...!

Latest posts