Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Yeah that's pants - especially the lack of notice, and the fact that it's only been put on FB. If you're used to being able to buy when you're ready, this sort of change is a horrible surprise.

I don't understand why she just couldn't give people a few days' notice at least? Also if she has stock of these polishes, might as well sell them and then take them off the store? I don't get it.

Anitacska

Very irritating. On the plus side I got mine too, and i'm very happy with them. I must admit, I've always found RC relatively easy to deal with, don't recall any major issues with her.

My issues aren't so much with RC as a shop, but Annette as a person. Years ago when I was in her group she had a couple of really unpleasant admins and the whole group was treated like a fangroup, a bit like Illyrian, but this is even worse as she doesn't even make the polishes she sells. After a while she decided to kick me out of the group for being "inactive" and when I questioned her, she said it was just "spring cleaning" it's fine if I reapply. She never approved me again. I don't even see why you need to be active in a group when the group's purpose is to keep people informed about upcoming restocks, etc., but in all fairness, I think it was more about her not liking me. I wasn't giving her much business by then as i was using Stackry, so I guess I pissed her off? I know it's not only me, there are numerous people who refuse to buy from her because of her vile attitude.

PearlyQueen

Well I decided not to hang about and miss out on the WF so I added two of the new PFD Halloween polishes to my H&C order, redeem a $5 reward code and get them shipped for about £12 each, cheaper than RC would have been. I'll get Blood Moon from RC when it's restocked.
First impressions of the new Glams - I like a few and will be ordering unless swatches are disappointing! Also - Anita, you said there's a UK group buy for HHC I think? Can you tell me how/where/how much for shipping? There is one I like there but I'm not paying international shipping for one, so I thought I'd ask!
And another question - has Dreamland gone out of business? Haven't heard from them for months...
Cheers if anyone knows anything!
xxx

Anitacska

Well I decided not to hang about and miss out on the WF so I added two of the new PFD Halloween polishes to my H&C order, redeem a $5 reward code and get them shipped for about £12 each, cheaper than RC would have been. I'll get Blood Moon from RC when it's restocked.
First impressions of the new Glams - I like a few and will be ordering unless swatches are disappointing! Also - Anita, you said there's a UK group buy for HHC I think? Can you tell me how/where/how much for shipping? There is one I like there but I'm not paying international shipping for one, so I thought I'd ask!
And another question - has Dreamland gone out of business? Haven't heard from them for months...
Cheers if anyone knows anything!
xxx

The HHC group buy is run by Fiona Goodier and this is the Facebook group: https://m.facebook.com/groups/786713078111281?ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_comment_reply. Shipping is about $1.50 per polish and then £4 from Fiona. She will hold them until you have enough to justify the postage (I have 4 coming). No customs on top. You order from the HHC shop and use the groupbuy code to take off the shipping. Then the whole order is shipped to Fiona. It takes a bit longer as she has to send them out afterwards, but only a few days extra. Which polish are you after?

I'm sure I've seen Dreamland in PPU recently, but maybe I'm wrong. I recall some family emergency a few months ago though, so maybe they're taking a break?

PearlyQueen

The HHC group buy is run by Fiona Goodier and this is the Facebook group: https://m.facebook.com/groups/786713078111281?ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_comment_reply. Shipping is about $1.50 per polish and then £4 from Fiona. She will hold them until you have enough to justify the postage (I have 4 coming). No customs on top. You order from the HHC shop and use the groupbuy code to take off the shipping. Then the whole order is shipped to Fiona. It takes a bit longer as she has to send them out afterwards, but only a few days extra. Which polish are you after?

I'm sure I've seen Dreamland in PPU recently, but maybe I'm wrong. I recall some family emergency a few months ago though, so maybe they're taking a break?
Thanks for the info Anita - much appreciated. I don't think I'll do it this time (hubby gets a bit grumpy when I ask him if I can use his FB to join a new group, and this would involve joining two at once!). It's a nice polish (the Lollipop Posse one) but I think I'll leave it for now. Might be something at a later date that's worth annoying him for, I'll consider that when it happens!!! It seems like a good way to buy them, it was nearly $15 shipping for the one polish. (I did it for Blood Red Opal and it was worth it, but I don't think much else would make me pay that!)
Also cheers re Dreamland, just realised I hadn't seen anything for ages and it's a brand I do like.

Anitacska

Thanks for the info Anita - much appreciated. I don't think I'll do it this time (hubby gets a bit grumpy when I ask him if I can use his FB to join a new group, and this would involve joining two at once!). It's a nice polish (the Lollipop Posse one) but I think I'll leave it for now. Might be something at a later date that's worth annoying him for, I'll consider that when it happens!!! It seems like a good way to buy them, it was nearly $15 shipping for the one polish. (I did it for Blood Red Opal and it was worth it, but I don't think much else would make me pay that!)
Also cheers re Dreamland, just realised I hadn't seen anything for ages and it's a brand I do like.

You don't need to join HHC to buy from them, just the international group buy group.

Anitacska

Anne, I was thinking, if you don't want to join the group, I can buy the HHC polish for you if you like and then post it to you when it arrives. I only have 3 polishes this month anyway, so it wouldn't be any extra cost. Just let me know.

My PfD order has arrived, it took less than a week. I'm very impressed. Shipping was pretty low, no customs and I really like the new polishes. The GLL and Pahlish are nice, probably not that unique, but pretty, and I like my PfDs.

IMG_20201015_162229022.jpg

Which Halloween polishes did you order? I like 3, 999, Foolish Mortals and Grim Grinning Ghosts. I'll save them until Black Friday, unless the next FTLOP box is worth buying.

I'm not sure about the Glams. I liked 3 based on the bottle shots, but the red one has black glitter that I didn't notice until the swatches, so I probably won't want that. I do love that purple one though. I don't care for the trio at all.

glam1_LI.jpg

glam2_LI.jpg

PearlyQueen

Anne, I was thinking, if you don't want to join the group, I can buy the HHC polish for you if you like and then post it to you when it arrives. I only have 3 polishes this month anyway, so it wouldn't be any extra cost. Just let me know.

My PfD order has arrived, it took less than a week. I'm very impressed. Shipping was pretty low, no customs and I really like the new polishes. The GLL and Pahlish are nice, probably not that unique, but pretty, and I like my PfDs.

View attachment 68273

Which Halloween polishes did you order? I like 3, 999, Foolish Mortals and Grim Grinning Ghosts. I'll save them until Black Friday, unless the next FTLOP box is worth buying.

I'm not sure about the Glams. I liked 3 based on the bottle shots, but the red one has black glitter that I didn't notice until the swatches, so I probably won't want that. I do love that purple one though. I don't care for the trio at all.

View attachment 68274

View attachment 68275

Anita, that would be absolutely perfect, thanks so much for the offer, saves me annoying Robbie! Let me know how much to transfer and I'll get it done.
I love your delivery! Such cute PfDs and the Pahlish is pretty too. I am definitely going to buy most of those on BF! I bought 999 and Foolish Mortals, do fancy a couple of the others too but just wanted to make shipping from H&C worthwhile so stuck to just two. Not sure if BF will have discounts, plus they're now cheaper direct if you're paying shipping anyway (used to be cheaper, plus the limit for free international shipping at H&C has increased massively).
Re Glams, the bottle closeups I picked the same ones as you, plus the pale blue. And when I saw the nail shots I was equally unsure about the black glitter - will wait for more pictures to decide. My instinctive first love is the top left nail shot, but it looks a bit transparent - again, waiting for shots. I find myself less inclined to the other two with the nail pics, but we'll see how it goes. With an open order already I can go big or small without too much stress! I am not into the trio either - the black one looks nice in the pics, but it's not something I'd choose, and I don't fancy the others at all.

Anitacska

Anita, that would be absolutely perfect, thanks so much for the offer, saves me annoying Robbie! Let me know how much to transfer and I'll get it done.
I love your delivery! Such cute PfDs and the Pahlish is pretty too. I am definitely going to buy most of those on BF! I bought 999 and Foolish Mortals, do fancy a couple of the others too but just wanted to make shipping from H&C worthwhile so stuck to just two. Not sure if BF will have discounts, plus they're now cheaper direct if you're paying shipping anyway (used to be cheaper, plus the limit for free international shipping at H&C has increased massively).
Re Glams, the bottle closeups I picked the same ones as you, plus the pale blue. And when I saw the nail shots I was equally unsure about the black glitter - will wait for more pictures to decide. My instinctive first love is the top left nail shot, but it looks a bit transparent - again, waiting for shots. I find myself less inclined to the other two with the nail pics, but we'll see how it goes. With an open order already I can go big or small without too much stress! I am not into the trio either - the black one looks nice in the pics, but it's not something I'd choose, and I don't fancy the others at all.

Oh okay, I didn't realise you had to be in both groups. I'm in so many groups, I can't keep track, lol.

You're welcome. I'll buy the Lollipop Posse now and send you a pm with the amount (in GBP) and my Paypal. As I said, it'll be another $1.50-ish later on for the shipping to Fiona, but that's not for another 5 weeks or so.

Anitacska

I saw this in one of the UK polish groups, thought I'd share it with you Anne.

"Hi everyone, some of you know I work in international trade, and just wanted to let you know LVGR (low value goods relief) is being abolished 1st Jan. This is the up to £15 purchase value that you currently don’t need to pay customs on - so would highly recommend getting your non UK (including EU) ordering done before Xmas!!
(There’s a new system coming in that states overseas supplier must charge 20% ‘supply VAT’ on all UK destined orders for everything from £0 to £135 - and they pay UK HMRC now not you - god only knows how that’s gonna happen in reality lol. Everything over £135 will follow current system of a FULL import where you pay customs fees).
*** please note - this means makers can no longer ‘Mark down’ parcels for customs from next year..."

So I guess that means that the makers will have to charge the 20% VAT and there'll be no RM fee. But they also can't mark down the value anymore. Wonder how this will work with Stackry though.

PearlyQueen

I saw this in one of the UK polish groups, thought I'd share it with you Anne.

"Hi everyone, some of you know I work in international trade, and just wanted to let you know LVGR (low value goods relief) is being abolished 1st Jan. This is the up to £15 purchase value that you currently don’t need to pay customs on - so would highly recommend getting your non UK (including EU) ordering done before Xmas!!
(There’s a new system coming in that states overseas supplier must charge 20% ‘supply VAT’ on all UK destined orders for everything from £0 to £135 - and they pay UK HMRC now not you - god only knows how that’s gonna happen in reality lol. Everything over £135 will follow current system of a FULL import where you pay customs fees).
*** please note - this means makers can no longer ‘Mark down’ parcels for customs from next year..."

So I guess that means that the makers will have to charge the 20% VAT and there'll be no RM fee. But they also can't mark down the value anymore. Wonder how this will work with Stackry though.
Things in the UK just keep getting crappier. Thanks for the heads-up, who knows how this will work, will be a joy no doubt. Let's hope it's not as bad as it sounds...

Anitacska

I received my HHC order from July and August. I like them, mostly the Femme Fatale. I don't really buy glitter toppers like that anymore, but that was so unique. I'll probably hate it when I wear it, lol. (The two polishes on the right are Lilypads, but the label covered most of the bottle, so I turned them on their side. The one on the right looks very similar to EdM Half Orange.)

IMG_20201017_105920147.jpg

Anitacska

I'm behind with posting my mani pictures, so here's a few to start with. First is Girly Bits Tangled with Polished for Days Icebow over Christian Dior Rose. The Girly BIts was a bit sheer, but not too bad. The PfD looked much better irl, and despite what the pictures show, my accent nails weren't bare at the tips, it's just how the light reflects off the flakies. All in all, this many was prettier irl.

IMG_20201004_131213745.jpg

IMG_20201004_131229219.jpg

IMG_20201004_131241291.jpg

IMG_20201004_131255497.jpg

Next is Layla Emerald Divine (2013 untried) with Emily de Molly Flutterby Garden. The EdM was one of my oldest untrieds from the brand.

IMG_20201006_103640297.jpg

IMG_20201006_103717159.jpg

This is Emily de Molly Midnight Serenade with Bear Pawlish The Gift 2015. The EdM is really nice and the Bear Pawlish topper was pretty cool.

IMG_20201008_085842198.jpg

IMG_20201008_085851214.jpg

IMG_20201008_085857514.jpg

IMG_20201008_085913871.jpg

If nobody bothers me for a bit, I'll come back with more mani pictures...

Anitacska

Okay, here we go. Next up is Cupcake Polish Poor Unfortunate Souls with Different Dimension Wish You Were Here. I'm pretty sure the Cupcake used to be more of a pinky purple, but I'm not surprised, purples often fade. The DD was one of my oldest untrieds from the brand (I'm curently swatching them btw.)

IMG_20201010_132037904.jpg

IMG_20201010_132017661.jpg

This is Glam Polish Winner Kills All with Glam Polish We All Float Down Here! I really liked this mani and it actually looked much prettier irl.

IMG_20201012_111322054.jpg

IMG_20201012_111334155.jpg

Next is Femme Fatale Horae Awaits with OPI Polka.com (2013 untried).

IMG_20201014_133409121.jpg

IMG_20201014_132908365.jpg

IMG_20201014_132955298.jpg

Finally this is FUN Lacquer Moonlight Nocturne. I really liked this, even though I don't buy FUNs anymore.

IMG_20201016_140032956.jpg

IMG_20201016_140112731.jpg

PearlyQueen

I received my HHC order from July and August. I like them, mostly the Femme Fatale. I don't really buy glitter toppers like that anymore, but that was so unique. I'll probably hate it when I wear it, lol. (The two polishes on the right are Lilypads, but the label covered most of the bottle, so I turned them on their side. The one on the right looks very similar to EdM Half Orange.)

View attachment 68281
Pretty! I really like the Lilypad on the far right, I see what you mean about Half Orange though.

Latest posts