Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

That's really annoying. Hope you can find some more polishes to make shipping worthwhile. EdM has just launched some new colours, but not sure if you'd be interested. I guess you could send the next PPU there, but I'm guessing that wouldn't arrive in time with their 3 week TAT and you probably don't want to worry about that being late. I also like the look of some Quixotics and the Fandom Flakies box (Quixotic is the guest this month). I'm trying to be very good as I'm pretty low on funds. Just had to pay £200 for a new garden gate and my car insurance is due next month.

Also, the more I swatch, the more I realise just how many lovely polishes I have that I've yet to use. I've actually finished swatching my Lilypads (nearly 200 untrieds) and have started on my ILNPs. I think I have about 100 untrieds from them. Might be more. After that I'll do CbLs and Darling Divas and maybe Enchanteds.
Thanks! I skipped EdM when they had the BF sale, I don't think I want to shop from them now, also often underwhelmed by their polishes when I get them home. I don't hate or boycott them, they're just well down my list of favourite brands. PPU I agree, I'd be concerned about TAT, I'll look again at the time but probably not very wise (though the minimal storage charges aren't too scary to wait a few more days). I like the Quixotic in the FF box but won't be buying as I'm not taken with the others. Ouch at the gate! And grrr at the real life spending annoyance.
I agree with you, I have so many nice polishes to wear and I've been so restrained in the last year. Congrats on continued swatching. I've now started thinking about selling the polishes I'm not so taken with, have sold a few dupes already, which I always intended to do, listed a few extra Nails Incs from my untrieds as well and sold a couple of those, got rid of the least nice Wildflower from the mystery bag I got, and I may start culling others as I get them out to wear and don't care so much for them. I will never wear everything I already own, especially since in Lockdown (10 months!!!) my manis last two weeks or so!

PearlyQueen

My FTLOP box is on its way, hope there won't be any issues with customs. I'm still waiting to hear from the FF group buy organiser about when we'll finally receive the Sept-Dec polishes. I feel like she's lost interest in the group buy and doesn't chase things up with FF.

Have you seen the new Glams (the pastels)? I'm pretty sure I'll pass on those. Don't know if there's a second collection to go with it.

I've been looking at the new PPU polishes and like a few, but not sure how many I'll buy. I definitely like the PfD.
Good luck with FTLOP! How annoying re FF.
Don't like the pastel Glams at all, I seldom do like pastels. I haven't seen any PPU yet!

Anitacska

Thanks! I skipped EdM when they had the BF sale, I don't think I want to shop from them now, also often underwhelmed by their polishes when I get them home. I don't hate or boycott them, they're just well down my list of favourite brands. PPU I agree, I'd be concerned about TAT, I'll look again at the time but probably not very wise (though the minimal storage charges aren't too scary to wait a few more days). I like the Quixotic in the FF box but won't be buying as I'm not taken with the others. Ouch at the gate! And grrr at the real life spending annoyance.
I agree with you, I have so many nice polishes to wear and I've been so restrained in the last year. Congrats on continued swatching. I've now started thinking about selling the polishes I'm not so taken with, have sold a few dupes already, which I always intended to do, listed a few extra Nails Incs from my untrieds as well and sold a couple of those, got rid of the least nice Wildflower from the mystery bag I got, and I may start culling others as I get them out to wear and don't care so much for them. I will never wear everything I already own, especially since in Lockdown (10 months!!!) my manis last two weeks or so!
My manis last the exact same 2 days as always. But I have to say, even when they still look good after 2 days, I change them anyway, unless I really really love the polish. I'd get bored keeping them on for over a week.

Anitacska

I thought the same thing, I bought the previous one I'm sure. Waiting for swatches, but I don't feel much love for the initial pics of this collection, hopefully will be able to skip it.
Annoyingly I still really want it. But I may need to pass as FF is doing their annual Enchanted Fables collection and there are 27 new polishes coming out next week! :eek: I know I won't want all of them, but the teaser picture has some gorgeous pinks and purples and blues.

Last edited:

PearlyQueen

Annoyingly I still really want it. But I may need to pass as FF is doing their annual Enchanted Fables collection and there are 27 new polishes coming out next week! :eek: I know I won't want all of them, but the teaser picture has some gorgeous pinks and purples and blues.
Well I saw swatches of the whole Glam collection on tonight's email and I will definitely be skipping this time.

Anitacska

Still no sign of my FTLOP box. :( Probably no point in contacting Jenna, it's not the same issue as last month when they weren't scanned in at the post office, mine is stuck at the airport in San Francisco. Ugh.

Anyway, here are some manis, first is Emily de Molly Subdued Delights topped with some pink heart glitter from a noname Poundland polish on the accents. The glitters were very hard to place properly, so the accents don't look great, but I love the EdM especially in its warm state, which is where it sat most of the time for me.

IMG_20210119_135105666.jpg

IMG_20210119_135118536.jpg

IMG_20210119_135157334.jpg

IMG_20210119_135232962.jpg

Next is Emily de Molly LE 35 with Lilypad Lacquer Beach Glass on the accents. I really love these taupy colours, they go well with my skintone and this mani actually matched my pyjamas too! So you get a bonus picture of them, lol.

IMG_20210121_124139788.jpg

IMG_20210121_124201051.jpg

IMG_20210121_124827504 (2).jpg

Finally, this is Glisten & Glow Birthday Bash January 2017 with Hema Happy Silver (over Barry M Matt White) on the accents. Another mani I planned to stamp on and never got around. I was going to do some blue snowflakes on the accents (we had quite a bit of snow on Sunday!), but apparently it is not possible to have the time around here to actually do what I planned. Sigh. It looked better irl, but the stamping would've completed the mani. Ah well, imagine some snowflakes on the accents.

IMG_20210123_132446608.jpg

IMG_20210123_132509465.jpg

Anitacska

My FTLOP box is finally in the country, hoping it'll be delivered tomorrow. It came via Atlanta after sitting in SF for 10 days. Weird.

I ended up ordering 2 Glams, Gone Girl and Basic Instinct. I looked through my swatchsticks and couldn't find anything similar to them in the end.

I think I'll buy the entire FF collection after all. I love one of the free polishes, cannot stop thinking about it. I actually really like a lot of them anyway and don't hate any, so decided to get the set. I'll send it to Stackry though because it's actually cheaper that way. I'd have to pay around £40 VAT on the set plus £21+ UK shipping on top of the Aus shipping if I used the group buy. Or DHL £44 directly to me. It's only £22 to Stackry and no VAT. This way I can add some other polishes, eg if Tonic has a restock. The set is actually quite cheap, approx. £170 for 25 + 2 free polishes.

Luckily I don't want the new FTLOP box and will try not to go mad with my PPU purchase.

Anitacska

My FTLOP box is here and I wasn't charged any customs on it. Yay!

IMG_20210130_123024937.jpg

Also my PPU UK order is on its way. Another yay! But sadly FF still haven't processed the group buy orders. Ugh.

PearlyQueen

Still no sign of my FTLOP box. :( Probably no point in contacting Jenna, it's not the same issue as last month when they weren't scanned in at the post office, mine is stuck at the airport in San Francisco. Ugh.

Anyway, here are some manis, first is Emily de Molly Subdued Delights topped with some pink heart glitter from a noname Poundland polish on the accents. The glitters were very hard to place properly, so the accents don't look great, but I love the EdM especially in its warm state, which is where it sat most of the time for me.

View attachment 68706

View attachment 68707

View attachment 68708

View attachment 68709

Next is Emily de Molly LE 35 with Lilypad Lacquer Beach Glass on the accents. I really love these taupy colours, they go well with my skintone and this mani actually matched my pyjamas too! So you get a bonus picture of them, lol.

View attachment 68710

View attachment 68711

View attachment 68712

Finally, this is Glisten & Glow Birthday Bash January 2017 with Hema Happy Silver (over Barry M Matt White) on the accents. Another mani I planned to stamp on and never got around. I was going to do some blue snowflakes on the accents (we had quite a bit of snow on Sunday!), but apparently it is not possible to have the time around here to actually do what I planned. Sigh. It looked better irl, but the stamping would've completed the mani. Ah well, imagine some snowflakes on the accents.

View attachment 68713

View attachment 68714
These are nice, I like the G&G with the white! (I think it would have been cute with snowflakes on the blue nails myself!)

PearlyQueen

My FTLOP box is finally in the country, hoping it'll be delivered tomorrow. It came via Atlanta after sitting in SF for 10 days. Weird.

I ended up ordering 2 Glams, Gone Girl and Basic Instinct. I looked through my swatchsticks and couldn't find anything similar to them in the end.

I think I'll buy the entire FF collection after all. I love one of the free polishes, cannot stop thinking about it. I actually really like a lot of them anyway and don't hate any, so decided to get the set. I'll send it to Stackry though because it's actually cheaper that way. I'd have to pay around £40 VAT on the set plus £21+ UK shipping on top of the Aus shipping if I used the group buy. Or DHL £44 directly to me. It's only £22 to Stackry and no VAT. This way I can add some other polishes, eg if Tonic has a restock. The set is actually quite cheap, approx. £170 for 25 + 2 free polishes.

Luckily I don't want the new FTLOP box and will try not to go mad with my PPU purchase.
I skipped too. If you gotta buy the full collection, that's what ya gotta do! Hope you love them!

PearlyQueen

My FTLOP box is here and I wasn't charged any customs on it. Yay!

View attachment 68728

Also my PPU UK order is on its way. Another yay! But sadly FF still haven't processed the group buy orders. Ugh.
I like these more than I expected. And yay for no customs! I skipped the new FTLOP too, but had a bit of a clicky buy moment at PPU. I'd picked four (Cupcake, Great Lakes, PfD and Tips) but I totally forgot that they open on Thurs for UK instead of Friday. So by the time I remembered the Tips was sold out. So I went a bit mad and bought the EDK and the Fancy Gloss that I'd decided against...
My last PPU order has shipped, but I never got a tracking number (I presume because I went for free postage), so who knows when it will get here. Still have not added anything to Stackry, though my Shlees and GLLs have finally arrived there.
Illyrian was meant to open at 10pm (UK) last night with new protos. Didn't happen. At 10pm the message changed to 2am. I was just going to bed then so I checked - didn't happen (glad I didn't stay up specially!). Still showing the same message, nothing on IG, nothing on FB...
I thought since last opening people were saying they got them in a week I might get a few since I do have a Stackry open, but this is very offputting, not sure I trust her if she can't even stick to her own limited promises. Oh well, since she hasn't opened it's not really an issue!

Latest posts