Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

I like these more than I expected. And yay for no customs! I skipped the new FTLOP too, but had a bit of a clicky buy moment at PPU. I'd picked four (Cupcake, Great Lakes, PfD and Tips) but I totally forgot that they open on Thurs for UK instead of Friday. So by the time I remembered the Tips was sold out. So I went a bit mad and bought the EDK and the Fancy Gloss that I'd decided against...
My last PPU order has shipped, but I never got a tracking number (I presume because I went for free postage), so who knows when it will get here. Still have not added anything to Stackry, though my Shlees and GLLs have finally arrived there.
Illyrian was meant to open at 10pm (UK) last night with new protos. Didn't happen. At 10pm the message changed to 2am. I was just going to bed then so I checked - didn't happen (glad I didn't stay up specially!). Still showing the same message, nothing on IG, nothing on FB...
I thought since last opening people were saying they got them in a week I might get a few since I do have a Stackry open, but this is very offputting, not sure I trust her if she can't even stick to her own limited promises. Oh well, since she hasn't opened it's not really an issue!
What a surprise about Illyrian - not! Hope your PPUs arrive soon.

I got my PPU order on Monday, I think. Can't remember now, this week was a bit of a blur. Max, our dog, got hit by a car on Tuesday morning and he's been in hospital since then. He broke a bone in his spine, dislocated one of his kneecaps, tore a knee ligament, dislocated an elbow and suffered a few minor injuries to his face. They've fixed up his spine and elbow, not the knee yet, but he's not even able to stand up, so he's getting physio and up until yesterday he was drugged up to his eyeballs. He seems to be healing slowly, but we don't know how well he'll recover. Poor little thing, we're all gutted. We don't know yet when he'll be able to come home. Thankfully the insurance will cover a big chunk of the bill, and the ex is able to finance the rest.

I ordered 5 from PPU too, the PfD, EDK, Different Dimension, Lollipop Posse and Pahlish. And the FF group buy is finally being shipped.

PearlyQueen

What a surprise about Illyrian - not! Hope your PPUs arrive soon.

I got my PPU order on Monday, I think. Can't remember now, this week was a bit of a blur. Max, our dog, got hit by a car on Tuesday morning and he's been in hospital since then. He broke a bone in his spine, dislocated one of his kneecaps, tore a knee ligament, dislocated an elbow and suffered a few minor injuries to his face. They've fixed up his spine and elbow, not the knee yet, but he's not even able to stand up, so he's getting physio and up until yesterday he was drugged up to his eyeballs. He seems to be healing slowly, but we don't know how well he'll recover. Poor little thing, we're all gutted. We don't know yet when he'll be able to come home. Thankfully the insurance will cover a big chunk of the bill, and the ex is able to finance the rest.

I ordered 5 from PPU too, the PfD, EDK, Different Dimension, Lollipop Posse and Pahlish. And the FF group buy is finally being shipped.
Oh that's horrible, I hope he recovers and comes home soon. Poor little guy. Virtual hugs xxx

Anitacska

Anyway here's my PPU order. I'm a bit disappointed by the FF, it definitely looked more of a vibrant pink in the Swatch photos, but I think it's because it looks different with flash than it does irl. Oh well. Really like the rest, especially the Pahlish.

IMG_20210201_173621664.jpg

PearlyQueen

Wow, you really do love this one! To be fair, it is very pretty. Did you see she finally opened last night?
You know I love my reds and at the moment this is my absolute favourite, since it makes me smile I'm going with using it regularly! I'm sure I'll get fed up with it eventually, but for now it's making me happy so whatever.
I spotted it was open this morning, not sure whether to buy or not (just because Stackry is open). I did get a few extra Quixotics at the weekend, I'm really feeling like SHOPPING at the moment, must be boredom! Must buy more polishes, to ignore while I wear my Blood Red Opal to death! I also have a RC cart I've been thinking I will check out. Maybe.

Anitacska

You know I love my reds and at the moment this is my absolute favourite, since it makes me smile I'm going with using it regularly! I'm sure I'll get fed up with it eventually, but for now it's making me happy so whatever.
I spotted it was open this morning, not sure whether to buy or not (just because Stackry is open). I did get a few extra Quixotics at the weekend, I'm really feeling like SHOPPING at the moment, must be boredom! Must buy more polishes, to ignore while I wear my Blood Red Opal to death! I also have a RC cart I've been thinking I will check out. Maybe.

Oh, absolutely. I'm not judging!

I know what you mean, I really feel like buying something (been eyeing up some more perfumes), but I really can't right now. I will probably get 2 polishes from HHC though, I like the Girly BIts and the Rouge.

PearlyQueen

Oh, absolutely. I'm not judging!

I know what you mean, I really feel like buying something (been eyeing up some more perfumes), but I really can't right now. I will probably get 2 polishes from HHC though, I like the Girly BIts and the Rouge.
I was looking at HHC this morning, I like both your choices. For me it was the Shleee that was tempting but I think I already have something very similar.

Anitacska

Some mani photos. First is Lilypad Lacquer Bad Kitty topped with Make Up Gallery Pink Diamond on the accents.

IMG_20210125_102819699.jpg

IMG_20210125_102928735.jpg

Next is Polished for Days Cora with Darling Diva Eye Candy on the accents. I really liked this mani.

IMG_20210127_100413304.jpg

IMG_20210127_100629394.jpg

IMG_20210127_100647289.jpg

IMG_20210127_100702032.jpg

This is Tonic Polish River topped with 2true Shade 4 (2013 untried) on the accents. River is a very nice thermal, really liked it.

IMG_20210129_124526353.jpg

IMG_20210129_124536904.jpg

IMG_20210129_124809119.jpg

IMG_20210129_124655181.jpg

Anitacska

Some more manis. This is Girly Bits Black Blizzard, it's a pretty cool thermal.

IMG_20210131_111828478.jpg

IMG_20210131_111907484.jpg

IMG_20210131_112001474.jpg

IMG_20210131_112022186.jpg

Next is Pahlish Madam Mim with Glam Polish Time After Time on the accents. I really loved this mani, the Pahlish is so glowy!

IMG_20210202_143143455.jpg

IMG_20210202_143207398.jpg

Finally this is Tonic Polish Icy Hot topped with ILNP Atlantis on the accents. The giant flakie on my ring finger looked fine when I painted them, but it curled up and did not look great.

IMG_20210205_102341325.jpg

IMG_20210205_102348965.jpg

IMG_20210205_102750647.jpg

IMG_20210205_110115286.jpg

Anitacska

HHC announced that they're suspending UK shipping including the group buy because of the VAT situation. I have Stackry open (or I will once the FF order ships), so I'll send this month's order there, but after that, I guess that's it. I usually only buy the Girly Bits and/or the FF, but I won't be keeping Stackry open just for that. Oh well.

PearlyQueen

Some mani photos. First is Lilypad Lacquer Bad Kitty topped with Make Up Gallery Pink Diamond on the accents.

View attachment 68804

View attachment 68805

Next is Polished for Days Cora with Darling Diva Eye Candy on the accents. I really liked this mani.

View attachment 68806

View attachment 68808

View attachment 68809

View attachment 68810

This is Tonic Polish River topped with 2true Shade 4 (2013 untried) on the accents. River is a very nice thermal, really liked it.

View attachment 68811

View attachment 68812

View attachment 68814

View attachment 68815
I love that PfD/DD mani, and also the Lilypad!

PearlyQueen

Some more manis. This is Girly Bits Black Blizzard, it's a pretty cool thermal.

View attachment 68816

View attachment 68817

View attachment 68818

View attachment 68819

Next is Pahlish Madam Mim with Glam Polish Time After Time on the accents. I really loved this mani, the Pahlish is so glowy!

View attachment 68820

View attachment 68821

Finally this is Tonic Polish Icy Hot topped with ILNP Atlantis on the accents. The giant flakie on my ring finger looked fine when I painted them, but it curled up and did not look great.

View attachment 68822

View attachment 68823

View attachment 68824

View attachment 68825
That pale pink sparkly mani is really cute!
You can't look at anything except the dodgy flakie in the last one! It looks so like a huge dent!

PearlyQueen

HHC announced that they're suspending UK shipping including the group buy because of the VAT situation. I have Stackry open (or I will once the FF order ships), so I'll send this month's order there, but after that, I guess that's it. I usually only buy the Girly Bits and/or the FF, but I won't be keeping Stackry open just for that. Oh well.
This is getting really annoying, I guess it's only going to get worse though. This VAT rule is very stupid.

Anitacska

I swatched all my untried CbLs and I'm shocked to see how many of them have faded. I mean, I knew it was by far the worst brand for fading, but still. I must have counted 7 or 8 and that's not even including the ones I have worn already, there's at least 4 of those too. I'm glad I stopped buying from her when I did.

In other news, Max is coming home tomorrow (touch wood)! He's still not able to walk, but there's nothing the hospital can do for him now, it'll take time for everything to heal and we can give him what he needs at home.

I'll see if I can post some mani pictures later.

Anitacska

Mani pictures from the past week. First is Emily de Molly Desert Rose topped with Barry M 349 Rose Quartz Glitter (2013 untried) on the accents. The EdM is so pretty!

IMG_20210207_122207180.jpg

IMG_20210207_122247086.jpg

IMG_20210207_122301701.jpg

Next is Polished for Days Here's Two the Good Times topped with Darling Diva The Big "O" on the accents. The DD turned out not to be an untried, but it's such a cool topper, it was worth a second wear. And I love the PfD.

IMG_20210209_141309232.jpg

IMG_20210209_141338923.jpg

IMG_20210209_141348203.jpg

IMG_20210209_141302832.jpg

This is Glam Polish Heart Shaped Box topped with H&M Confetti Rain on the accents.

IMG_20210211_141733235.jpg

IMG_20210211_142021927.jpg

boschicka

I swatched all my untried CbLs and I'm shocked to see how many of them have faded. I mean, I knew it was by far the worst brand for fading, but still. I must have counted 7 or 8 and that's not even including the ones I have worn already, there's at least 4 of those too. I'm glad I stopped buying from her when I did.

In other news, Max is coming home tomorrow (touch wood)! He's still not able to walk, but there's nothing the hospital can do for him now, it'll take time for everything to heal and we can give him what he needs at home.

I'll see if I can post some mani pictures later.
I'm sorry for poor Max, but that's good he's coming home. Hopefully he'll be happier and it will help him heal faster.

Latest posts