Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

I'm sorry for poor Max, but that's good he's coming home. Hopefully he'll be happier and it will help him heal faster.
Thanks. To be honest, he's such a sociable dog, he's actually really enjoyed being in the hospital because he's got constant attention. He's been in a cot in the middle of the room, so they've been fussing him all the time. I think he may be a bit spoilt!

He's a picture the hospital sent us:

IMG-20210213-WA0000.jpg

PearlyQueen

I swatched all my untried CbLs and I'm shocked to see how many of them have faded. I mean, I knew it was by far the worst brand for fading, but still. I must have counted 7 or 8 and that's not even including the ones I have worn already, there's at least 4 of those too. I'm glad I stopped buying from her when I did.

In other news, Max is coming home tomorrow (touch wood)! He's still not able to walk, but there's nothing the hospital can do for him now, it'll take time for everything to heal and we can give him what he needs at home.

I'll see if I can post some mani pictures later.
Oh dear, my CBLs are all tucked away, I hope they're not all white by the time I get round to wearing them in 10 years! I didn't know she had such a bad reputation for it :( Though I did get a refund on at least one myself.

PearlyQueen

Mani pictures from the past week. First is Emily de Molly Desert Rose topped with Barry M 349 Rose Quartz Glitter (2013 untried) on the accents. The EdM is so pretty!

View attachment 68869

View attachment 68870

View attachment 68871

Next is Polished for Days Here's Two the Good Times topped with Darling Diva The Big "O" on the accents. The DD turned out not to be an untried, but it's such a cool topper, it was worth a second wear. And I love the PfD.

View attachment 68872

View attachment 68873

View attachment 68874

View attachment 68875

This is Glam Polish Heart Shaped Box topped with H&M Confetti Rain on the accents.

View attachment 68876

View attachment 68877
Very nice - love that pink one at the end! (And I own heart shaped box, so yay!)

PearlyQueen

This is my current mani, Illyrian Dark Palace:
dark palace 2.JPG dark palace 1.JPG

I think this was my second ever Illyrian! I can't decide if the base is very dark blue, very dark green, very dark grey or black! (In the bottle I would definitely have said blue). I was convinced it would look exactly like PfD Shiya before I put it on, but they are completely different.

Anitacska

Oh he's so cute, poor little guy! How's he getting on?

He's okay in himself and is very keen to move about, but he can't really. We ended up buying a secondhand cot for him to be in, after he wriggled around and pooped all over the living rom carpet! He sleeps a lot, but is quite demanding when awake, so it's been a tiring week. The first night was awful, but now I understand his needs better, it's been easier. I made the ex take him for the day, so I can rest my back (he's pretty heavy for a small dog) and get some things done. He's having his elbow surgery on Friday, that should help him move about better as he can only support himself with one front leg at the moment. After that they'll see how he's getting on with his back legs and whether he needs an operation on his knee (torn ligament and kneecap issues). So this will be a long road to recovery, but hopefully he'll be able to get around enough to go for short walks or at least mooch about in the garden.

Here's another picture of him in his new cot:

IMG_20210216_182153604.jpg

Anitacska

This is my current mani, Illyrian Dark Palace:
View attachment 68953 View attachment 68952

I think this was my second ever Illyrian! I can't decide if the base is very dark blue, very dark green, very dark grey or black! (In the bottle I would definitely have said blue). I was convinced it would look exactly like PfD Shiya before I put it on, but they are completely different.

I don't have this or the PfD you mentioned. Not a huge fan either tbh.

Anitacska

Weekly mani post. I asked the ex to have Max again (I got so much done yesterday!), so I have some peace and quiet.

First is Different Dimension You Coulda Had a Bad Witch. It's a really cool thermal.

IMG_20210213_100502305.jpg

IMG_20210213_100549722.jpg

IMG_20210213_100705622.jpg

Next is ILNP Masquerade topped with Tonic Polish Bringin' on the Bling on the accents (but the Tonic is pretty much opaque in 2 coats). Lots of pictures because multichrome, lol.

IMG_20210215_140841163.jpg

IMG_20210215_140853875.jpg

IMG_20210215_140904858.jpg

IMG_20210215_140918967.jpg

IMG_20210215_140827157.jpg

This is Illyrian Polish Relax, It's Just Magic. Since Max came home I've been doing some very quick manis because I never know when he needs to be lifted out of the cot. I also don't have time to try and pair polishes up.

IMG_20210217_121043219.jpg

IMG_20210217_121056252.jpg

Anitacska

My November HHC purchase came today (together with your Lollipop Posse, Anne, also I sent you a message with the postage cost), it's really pretty.

IMG_20210224_163721054.jpg

Still waiting for my Femme Fatale group buy polishes. Actually I'm really annoyed with the group buy organiser now. She received the polishes 2 weeks ago, then she said she'd sort them out over the weekend and post them. I paid 10 days ago. She then said she'd post them last Saturday. Still no polishes today (and no updates on the post), so I asked if she posted them on Saturday. No, only yesterday. Ugh. Well, hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow or Friday, or I swaer I'll be asking for proof of posting.

PearlyQueen

Weekly mani post. I asked the ex to have Max again (I got so much done yesterday!), so I have some peace and quiet.

First is Different Dimension You Coulda Had a Bad Witch. It's a really cool thermal.

View attachment 68979

View attachment 68980

View attachment 68981

Next is ILNP Masquerade topped with Tonic Polish Bringin' on the Bling on the accents (but the Tonic is pretty much opaque in 2 coats). Lots of pictures because multichrome, lol.

View attachment 68982

View attachment 68983

View attachment 68984

View attachment 68985

View attachment 68986

This is Illyrian Polish Relax, It's Just Magic. Since Max came home I've been doing some very quick manis because I never know when he needs to be lifted out of the cot. I also don't have time to try and pair polishes up.

View attachment 68987

View attachment 68988
These are both really nice!

PearlyQueen

My November HHC purchase came today (together with your Lollipop Posse, Anne, also I sent you a message with the postage cost), it's really pretty.

View attachment 69012

Still waiting for my Femme Fatale group buy polishes. Actually I'm really annoyed with the group buy organiser now. She received the polishes 2 weeks ago, then she said she'd sort them out over the weekend and post them. I paid 10 days ago. She then said she'd post them last Saturday. Still no polishes today (and no updates on the post), so I asked if she posted them on Saturday. No, only yesterday. Ugh. Well, hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow or Friday, or I swaer I'll be asking for proof of posting.
Very cute! Yay for my LPPL! Will read your message in a sec!
This FF is obviously turning into a major hassle.

Anitacska

My Stackry box arrived yesterday, no hassle yet again, customs free and accepted my normal valuation!

Yay! I'm going to send a few things to Stackry in the coming weeks, hopefully I'll get away with it too. Tonic are doing a sale tomorrow, we'll see if I get anything, but if I do, that's definitely going to Stackry. Not sure what to do with the FTLOP box yet, haven't seen swatches just bottle shots and I don't know Stella Chroma at all, plus yellow and orange aren't really my thing.

Anitacska

Finally got my FF group buy polishes. I'm happy with them, especially the Tinsel collection (the ones in the last picture).

IMG_20210226_111846350.jpg

IMG_20210226_111753015.jpg

IMG_20210226_111644616.jpg

Plus I bought these in a destash. I was going to ask for a decant of the PfD, but the lot was £20 posted, so it would've been rude not to, right?

IMG_20210227_103536409.jpg

PearlyQueen

Yay! I'm going to send a few things to Stackry in the coming weeks, hopefully I'll get away with it too. Tonic are doing a sale tomorrow, we'll see if I get anything, but if I do, that's definitely going to Stackry. Not sure what to do with the FTLOP box yet, haven't seen swatches just bottle shots and I don't know Stella Chroma at all, plus yellow and orange aren't really my thing.
i like the FTLOP box but they're not colours I'd wear so I'm not getting it.

PearlyQueen

Finally got my FF group buy polishes. I'm happy with them, especially the Tinsel collection (the ones in the last picture).

View attachment 69040

View attachment 69041

View attachment 69042

Plus I bought these in a destash. I was going to ask for a decant of the PfD, but the lot was £20 posted, so it would've been rude not to, right?

View attachment 69043
Your FFs were definitely worth the wait, really pretty! And what a bargain for your little haul, you're right it would have been rude not to go for the PfD at that price! it is very pretty, and frees up a spot on your swatch list for something else! I ordered bottles and they shipped today, and have made some progress remembering what was on the list in the office1

Latest posts