Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Wow, what a lot of pretty things! The turquoise Tonic stands out in your big pic I must admit. Is it from the latest release? Your EdM tools are dead cool! And your PPU order is really nice too. I'm surprised at how pretty the PfD topper is, it might be on my next swaplist!!! Midnight is sooo cute, might also be on my next swaplist...
How is Max doing?

Yes, it's Agua Fina.

I'm happy for you to add the PfD topper on your swaplist, however the cat isn't going anywhere. :p

Max is well. There hasn't been a huge improvement, but he is stronger, last night he ran all over the garden because there was a fox outside. Still walking on his knuckles, but he doesn't seem to mind. The vet says it might be neurological as his spine was broken and his spinal cord got stretched. But he's happy and he's not in pain, so if this is as good as it gets, well, perhaps we'll fix him up with some wheels. But he can get around fine at home by shuffling and walking/hobbling.

Anitacska

Yesterday I initiated a Paypal claim for Illyrian with a contact to seller via them, I'll give it a couple of days before I escalate but I fear that my Illyrian days are over, so sad but what an annoyance I won't have in my life any more. GLL messed me about a bit as well, they said "next Friday" when I asked when they were shipping, I left it till the weekend and asked if they'd shipped, cheeky sod said she already told me - next Friday! So it looks like I'll have storage charges, hopefully low though as I got the notice yesterday. Grrrr.
I haven't bought anything since my Harlow order.
Well, what can you do. It's disappointing, but you need to get your money back and she needs to sort her shit out.

Ugh, that's so annoying from GLL. I did say it before, there's something that bothers me about that woman, I really don't like her. I don't really buy from her, I think I last did well over a year ago. Her polishes are nice though.

PearlyQueen

Yes, it's Agua Fina.

I'm happy for you to add the PfD topper on your swaplist, however the cat isn't going anywhere. :p

Max is well. There hasn't been a huge improvement, but he is stronger, last night he ran all over the garden because there was a fox outside. Still walking on his knuckles, but he doesn't seem to mind. The vet says it might be neurological as his spine was broken and his spinal cord got stretched. But he's happy and he's not in pain, so if this is as good as it gets, well, perhaps we'll fix him up with some wheels. But he can get around fine at home by shuffling and walking/hobbling.
Thanks! I'll cross Midnight off and add the Tonic instead lol.
So cool that Max is happy and not in pain xxx

PearlyQueen

Well, what can you do. It's disappointing, but you need to get your money back and she needs to sort her shit out.

Ugh, that's so annoying from GLL. I did say it before, there's something that bothers me about that woman, I really don't like her. I don't really buy from her, I think I last did well over a year ago. Her polishes are nice though.
I gave Vanessa every chance to sort this, all her crap in the past has never meant I didn't get what I paid for, this is different. Hoping Paypal can sort me out.
This is the first time I've had contact from GLL, so no history of disliking her, it just seemed a bit off. I do like the polishes, not writing this brand off yet!

PearlyQueen

Wow, that's a gross response. These brand owners should be aware of what their international customers are facing in dealing with forwarding companies.
Thanks Boschika, many of these makers are all about themselves, customer service isn't a priority I find. I wonder if all these small creaive businesses are the same, or is it just nail polish???

boschicka

Thanks Boschika, many of these makers are all about themselves, customer service isn't a priority I find. I wonder if all these small creaive businesses are the same, or is it just nail polish???
Yes, I often wonder the same. This hobby does seem to attract unstable individuals.

Anitacska

I've managed to crop a few pictures, there are so many! First up is Polished for Days 2017. This was quite nice.

IMG_20210619_155527760.jpg

IMG_20210619_155531886.jpg

IMG_20210619_155547706.jpg

Next is Femme Fatale The Overlook with Glam Polish Case Full of Magical Creatures on the accents.

IMG_20210621_155410900.jpg

IMG_20210621_155549400.jpg

This is Lilypad Lacquer Unicorn Pearls topped with Tonic Polish Starlit Dawn on the accents. The Lilypad was pretty awful, hard to apply and it chipped very quickly.

IMG_20210623_123055077.jpg

IMG_20210623_123109119.jpg

IMG_20210623_123121183.jpg

Finally (for now) Zoya Hope with Femme Fatale Iolite Streams on the accents.

IMG_20210625_163306198.jpg

IMG_20210625_163346969.jpg

Anitacska

Some more manis! First is Girly Bits Seaspark. I have a matching T-shirt to go with it!

IMG_20210627_110550750.jpg

IMG_20210627_110526896.jpg

IMG_20210627_104237955.jpg

Next is Different Dimension Challenger. Not the best pictures as I forgot to take any until it was time to take Max to the physio appointment (ex usually takes him, but he was away with my middle child that week) and it was raining, so I just took a few in the car. Also by then it started chipping.

IMG_20210629_154647690.jpg

IMG_20210629_154657776.jpg

IMG_20210629_154738826.jpg

And this is Illamasqua Poke with Glam Polish Foolish Mortals. I really loved this mani and it lasted so well, I actually kept it on for 3 days instead of my usual 2.

IMG_20210701_140654033.jpg

IMG_20210701_140718693.jpg

IMG_20210701_140733811.jpg

Anitacska

Are you buying from HHC? I've ordered the Different Dimension and Girly Bits. Should hopefully arrive not in time for the next Stackry dump. I don't have anything in my box currently, but last month's HHC and Project Artistry are going there. Not sure what else I'll add since it would be a bit pricey to ship only 5 polishes. Oh well, I'm sure there will be launches I'm interested in before the end of August.

PearlyQueen

I've managed to crop a few pictures, there are so many! First up is Polished for Days 2017. This was quite nice.

View attachment 69549

View attachment 69550

View attachment 69551

Next is Femme Fatale The Overlook with Glam Polish Case Full of Magical Creatures on the accents.

View attachment 69552

View attachment 69553

This is Lilypad Lacquer Unicorn Pearls topped with Tonic Polish Starlit Dawn on the accents. The Lilypad was pretty awful, hard to apply and it chipped very quickly.

View attachment 69554

View attachment 69555

View attachment 69556

Finally (for now) Zoya Hope with Femme Fatale Iolite Streams on the accents.

View attachment 69557

View attachment 69558
These are all nice, like the PfD and love both the pink and purple manis!

PearlyQueen

Some more manis! First is Girly Bits Seaspark. I have a matching T-shirt to go with it!

View attachment 69559

View attachment 69560

View attachment 69561

Next is Different Dimension Challenger. Not the best pictures as I forgot to take any until it was time to take Max to the physio appointment (ex usually takes him, but he was away with my middle child that week) and it was raining, so I just took a few in the car. Also by then it started chipping.

View attachment 69562

View attachment 69563

View attachment 69564

And this is Illamasqua Poke with Glam Polish Foolish Mortals. I really loved this mani and it lasted so well, I actually kept it on for 3 days instead of my usual 2.

View attachment 69565

View attachment 69566

View attachment 69567
Also really nice, the GB isn't my usual colour but I love it, and matching T! And I adore Foolish Mortals, which I do own!

PearlyQueen

Are you buying from HHC? I've ordered the Different Dimension and Girly Bits. Should hopefully arrive not in time for the next Stackry dump. I don't have anything in my box currently, but last month's HHC and Project Artistry are going there. Not sure what else I'll add since it would be a bit pricey to ship only 5 polishes. Oh well, I'm sure there will be launches I'm interested in before the end of August.
No, nothing that I care enough about to actually buy this time. The DD and GB are both very pretty though, I can see why you went for them. My GLLs are still in pre-shipment status after 8 days, at this rate I'm going to get storage charges AND have a new box started when they finally arrive - it's so infuriating, thought all this hassle would be over now Illyrian is history, but no, here we go again. How hard is it to get two nail polishes to a bloody post office???

Anitacska

No, nothing that I care enough about to actually buy this time. The DD and GB are both very pretty though, I can see why you went for them. My GLLs are still in pre-shipment status after 8 days, at this rate I'm going to get storage charges AND have a new box started when they finally arrive - it's so infuriating, thought all this hassle would be over now Illyrian is history, but no, here we go again. How hard is it to get two nail polishes to a bloody post office???
That's so annoying. Don't these makers realise that first impressions matter and they might not get your business again if they don't deliver? On that note, any news on your Illyrian refund? I can't believe her shop is still open and taking orders (although I do wonder if anyone is ordering).

Anitacska

We have the decorator in at the moment (painting the hallway, landings and staircase that we didn't get around to doing after the extension was done due to Covid), and my youngest and Max have gone over to his Dad's, so I have a bit more time on my hands. I've managed to finally sort out all my new polish purchases and enter them in the spreadsheet, and I've cropped some more mani pictures!

First up is Fair Maiden Zero Gravity. I liked this a lot.

IMG_20210704_131002257.jpg

IMG_20210704_131020870.jpg

IMG_20210704_131006689.jpg

IMG_20210704_131038411.jpg

Next is It Etait Un Vernis Pleased to Sweet You topped with Lacquerlicious Tinsicle on the accents.

IMG_20210706_135114875.jpg

IMG_20210706_135139809.jpg

IMG_20210706_135226490.jpg

This is Sally Hansen White Ruby (2013 untried, over black) with LynB Designs Let That Shitake Go on the accents. Sometimes I wonder if I should just chuck out (or try to sell) these Sally Hansen polishes, most of them don't look great and/or dry really slowly. I did like the LynB though.

IMG_20210708_100852526.jpg

IMG_20210708_100910608.jpg

IMG_20210708_100955544.jpg

The downside of having the decorator here is that he starts at 7.30! I normally get up around 8.45 nowadays, so this is a shock to the system. Bring on the weekend!

PearlyQueen

That's so annoying. Don't these makers realise that first impressions matter and they might not get your business again if they don't deliver? On that note, any news on your Illyrian refund? I can't believe her shop is still open and taking orders (although I do wonder if anyone is ordering).
I heard nothing so I escalated yesterday. The open shop is concerning I agree. GLL are at least now moving and will arrive Tuesday according to UPS so at least that's within the 60 days. It's much slower than I expected when I ordered though.

PearlyQueen

We have the decorator in at the moment (painting the hallway, landings and staircase that we didn't get around to doing after the extension was done due to Covid), and my youngest and Max have gone over to his Dad's, so I have a bit more time on my hands. I've managed to finally sort out all my new polish purchases and enter them in the spreadsheet, and I've cropped some more mani pictures!

First up is Fair Maiden Zero Gravity. I liked this a lot.

View attachment 69574

View attachment 69575

View attachment 69576

View attachment 69577

Next is It Etait Un Vernis Pleased to Sweet You topped with Lacquerlicious Tinsicle on the accents.

View attachment 69578

View attachment 69579

View attachment 69580

This is Sally Hansen White Ruby (2013 untried, over black) with LynB Designs Let That Shitake Go on the accents. Sometimes I wonder if I should just chuck out (or try to sell) these Sally Hansen polishes, most of them don't look great and/or dry really slowly. I did like the LynB though.

View attachment 69581

View attachment 69582

View attachment 69583

The downside of having the decorator here is that he starts at 7.30! I normally get up around 8.45 nowadays, so this is a shock to the system. Bring on the weekend!
Yay for some me time, boo for early starts! I have to go back to he office 2 days a week from September, hose 7am starts are gonna kill me :(
All of your manis are very cute!

Latest posts