Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

I have a few manis to show. First is Sally Hansen Ruby Sapphire (2013 untried, over black) with Illyrian Rainbow Mermaid on the accents. The SH was nice, and really loved the Illyrian.

View attachment 69601

View attachment 69602

View attachment 69603

Next is another Illyrian, The Hot Box. I really liked this too.

View attachment 69604

View attachment 69605

View attachment 69606

View attachment 69607

Colors by Llarowe Sparkles Are a Girl's Best Friend topped with Nails Inc St George's Square on the accents. It was my oldest untried CbL, wasn't too keen on it tbh,it's a bit meh. I did like the topper though.

View attachment 69608

View attachment 69609

View attachment 69610
I love all of these, except maybe the CbL which is nice enough but not special.

PearlyQueen

Good news about the refund. I do wonder what's actually going on with her. I mean there were delays and unresponsiveness in the past, but this is nothing like before.

My Stackry box only has 3 polishes in it at the moment and 4 not yet shipped, but I don't have to empty mine until late August, so I'm sure I'll order something else to make it worthwhile. Also my eldest ordered a couple of plushies from the US, so there's that too.

I just saw a sneak of the FTLOP box, but only the bottoms. The theme is The Mandelorian and one polish looks green and one blue. The guest might be Quixotic, but not sure yet.
Thanks! Still undecided what I'll add to Stackry myself!
I swear FTLOP previews get later every month, still nothing on Instagram, the them and your brief guesswork aren't filling me with desire though!

PearlyQueen

So Illyrian has closed and apparently hasn't been in business since May. I wonder how many outstanding orders she has. Oh well, good riddance!

View attachment 69614
I'm kind of mixed feelings about this. Still my favourite brand, kind of sad there won't be more, a little worried about V. BUT what a crap way to run a business, part of me is glad there won't be more so I don't miss out on things I want due to trust issues. Ludicrous she says at the end of JULY that she stopped trading in MAY with the shop open to rip people off all that extra time. I'm glad I went for my refund when I did, I gave her every chance to sort out my order but from the looks of it this was never going to happen.
Oh well, all things must pass I guess - but Illyrian and EP in one week, both previous obsessions of mine, feels like something momentous!

Anitacska

Thanks! Still undecided what I'll add to Stackry myself!
I swear FTLOP previews get later every month, still nothing on Instagram, the them and your brief guesswork aren't filling me with desire though!
This was posted in the FTLOP group. The blue is Quixotic, then Pahlish and the green is PfD. I like the Pahlish, but I'm pretty sure I'll pass.

FTLOP Aug21.jpg

Anitacska

I'm kind of mixed feelings about this. Still my favourite brand, kind of sad there won't be more, a little worried about V. BUT what a crap way to run a business, part of me is glad there won't be more so I don't miss out on things I want due to trust issues. Ludicrous she says at the end of JULY that she stopped trading in MAY with the shop open to rip people off all that extra time. I'm glad I went for my refund when I did, I gave her every chance to sort out my order but from the looks of it this was never going to happen.
Oh well, all things must pass I guess - but Illyrian and EP in one week, both previous obsessions of mine, feels like something momentous!
It would be sad if she hadn't behaved the way she did. Not just the disappearing and not fulfilling orders, but this whole closing retrospectively. I mean the shop was open just a few days ago! Wonder how much money she owes people. And yes, I hope she's okay, but tbh I don't care anymore. I live with someone with mental health issues and I've seen the struggles first hand, but it doesn't give you the right to rip people off. She should've closed the shop after the last orders, shipped them out and been done with it. Then people might go back to her if she decides to reopen in the future. After this, I doubt many would.

You see EP announced they were closing, sold everything and is now shipping the orders. While I'm not that bothered about her closing either, at least hers hasn't left a bad taste in my mouth.

Ah well, there are so many other brands out there, Wildflower and Nailed It seem to be pretty big on flakie bombs, I'm sure you'll find plenty to replace the Illyrian shaped hole with. ;)

PearlyQueen

It would be sad if she hadn't behaved the way she did. Not just the disappearing and not fulfilling orders, but this whole closing retrospectively. I mean the shop was open just a few days ago! Wonder how much money she owes people. And yes, I hope she's okay, but tbh I don't care anymore. I live with someone with mental health issues and I've seen the struggles first hand, but it doesn't give you the right to rip people off. She should've closed the shop after the last orders, shipped them out and been done with it. Then people might go back to her if she decides to reopen in the future. After this, I doubt many would.

You see EP announced they were closing, sold everything and is now shipping the orders. While I'm not that bothered about her closing either, at least hers hasn't left a bad taste in my mouth.

Ah well, there are so many other brands out there, Wildflower and Nailed It seem to be pretty big on flakie bombs, I'm sure you'll find plenty to replace the Illyrian shaped hole with. ;)
I can't disagree with any of this.
I am currently loving Nailed It and Wildflower are cool too, you are right, I will not be saving much money really!!!

Anitacska

I ended up buying one Glam, the one with the multicolour flakies. Luckily I don't like the new Femme Fatale polishes. I don't think I'll want many from PPU either. I remember liking a few when the makers' spoilers came out, but don't remember which ones. I'll check the shop when wishlisting starts. I like a few of the new Girly Bits, but can't be bothered to order right now. I told you, I seem to have gone off polishes, lol. Ah well, maybe I'll make a dent in my untrieds if I don't keep buying loads all the time.

PearlyQueen

I ended up buying one Glam, the one with the multicolour flakies. Luckily I don't like the new Femme Fatale polishes. I don't think I'll want many from PPU either. I remember liking a few when the makers' spoilers came out, but don't remember which ones. I'll check the shop when wishlisting starts. I like a few of the new Girly Bits, but can't be bothered to order right now. I told you, I seem to have gone off polishes, lol. Ah well, maybe I'll make a dent in my untrieds if I don't keep buying loads all the time.
I bought 2 of the flakie toppers from a couple of releases ago to add to my one polish already ordered. I've not been loving Glam so much lately, hope they're nice, I wouldn't have bought any of the three without that voucher I won.
Haven't seen any PPU yet, so no idea if I'll be buying.

Anitacska

So the Illyrian Facebook group has been archived. This way noone can post about unfulfilled orders. Hmm, why do I have a feeling that Vanessa has no intention of refunding people? This just makes things so much worse. Not responding because of health issues / family issues / whatever else is one thing, but to actively stop people from sharing their experiences and warning others is quite different. Makes me wonder if she ever really had any of the mental health / family issues she used as excuses?

boschicka

So the Illyrian Facebook group has been archived. This way noone can post about unfulfilled orders. Hmm, why do I have a feeling that Vanessa has no intention of refunding people? This just makes things so much worse. Not responding because of health issues / family issues / whatever else is one thing, but to actively stop people from sharing their experiences and warning others is quite different. Makes me wonder if she ever really had any of the mental health / family issues she used as excuses?
I agree it does seem odd. She's so destroyed by mental issues that she can't function....except to cover her tracks? I suppose it's possible relatives stepped in and said Enough, just shut it all down.

PearlyQueen

I'm a bit sad about that too, I was hoping to pick up some of the ones I missed in their for sale posts! I don't imagine she's doing refunds, everyone is going to have to Paypal/CC claim as I did, otherwise she'd have refunded me since she closed in May. Totally agree, people should be allowed to discuss this whole issue as well, it's not like she ever reads the page so it couldn't have made things any worse for her. Her excuses were many and varied over the years, I'm beginning to doubt this one as well. I think the world is well shot of Illyrian now that I've had time to think. She made beautiful polishes, but the rest was pretty ugly, culminating in one last huge 3 month scam. Not cool. But I'll still wear my pretty polishes!

Anitacska

I'm a bit sad about that too, I was hoping to pick up some of the ones I missed in their for sale posts! I don't imagine she's doing refunds, everyone is going to have to Paypal/CC claim as I did, otherwise she'd have refunded me since she closed in May. Totally agree, people should be allowed to discuss this whole issue as well, it's not like she ever reads the page so it couldn't have made things any worse for her. Her excuses were many and varied over the years, I'm beginning to doubt this one as well. I think the world is well shot of Illyrian now that I've had time to think. She made beautiful polishes, but the rest was pretty ugly, culminating in one last huge 3 month scam. Not cool. But I'll still wear my pretty polishes!
And you absolutely should. You paid for them, they're yours. I don't understand when people say they're going to throw out or sell all their polishes from a brand that does something dodgy. If you like the polishes, you might as well use them, it's not going to benefit the maker any longer, you've already paid for them.

Anitacska

Here are some mani pictures, first is Enchanted Polish Dance of the Sugar Plum topped with Indigo Bananas Galactic Halo (holo) on the accents.

IMG_20210723_114449159.jpg

IMG_20210723_114455522.jpg

IMG_20210723_114529876.jpg

Next is Polished for Days Little Sea Spies. This was so much prettier in real life (and sunshine), but here are the pictures anyway.

IMG_20210725_123452840.jpg

IMG_20210725_123503796.jpg

IMG_20210725_123550239.jpg

Finally this is Tonic Polish Necromantic.

IMG_20210727_112323181.jpg

IMG_20210727_112335044.jpg

IMG_20210727_112348011.jpg

Oh and the decorator's finally finished. The early mornings were killing me. It looks really nice. We just need the new carpet done and it'll look even better.

Anitacska

I forgot to post this. The ex took Max to the park for the first time this week. He was so excited, didn't stop for a second. He only managed to take this picture of him which I think it's hilarious.

IMG-20210731-WA0000.jpg

PearlyQueen

Here are some mani pictures, first is Enchanted Polish Dance of the Sugar Plum topped with Indigo Bananas Galactic Halo (holo) on the accents.

View attachment 69621

View attachment 69622

View attachment 69623

Next is Polished for Days Little Sea Spies. This was so much prettier in real life (and sunshine), but here are the pictures anyway.

View attachment 69624

View attachment 69625

View attachment 69626

Finally this is Tonic Polish Necromantic.

View attachment 69627

View attachment 69628

View attachment 69629

Oh and the decorator's finally finished. The early mornings were killing me. It looks really nice. We just need the new carpet done and it'll look even better.
These are very nice - especially Little Sea Spies.
Yay for workmen finishing, must be nice!

PearlyQueen

I forgot to post this. The ex took Max to the park for the first time this week. He was so excited, didn't stop for a second. He only managed to take this picture of him which I think it's hilarious.

View attachment 69630
This picture is sooo happy!!! Love the way Max looks in it, makes me smile a lot. So happy for you and him that he's getting a bit of his old fun life back. It's just gorgeous.

PearlyQueen

I know you're sick of the sight of it, but I'm wearing Blood Red Opal again this week, and I'm not bored with it yet. The bottle is also still almost full, I think it might have some kind of spell of bottomless polish on it, there's barely a fill line! But I love it, so that's actually a good thing...
DSC06287.JPG DSC06286.JPG

Latest posts