Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

I'm actually really excited today about something not polish related. You might remember that I mentioned that I collect some perfumes, namely YSL Paris limited edition fragrances. I managed to find one that I really didn't think I would. I couldn't even find much about it online, it's the first springtime fragrance they released, it's from 2002. I accidentally stumbled upon it on eBay and got it for a very reasonable price. It arrived today. I now have all the springtime fragrances and I'm really happy.

Now if I could find EP December 2012, that would be amazing! Probably won't happen, but you never know!

PearlyQueen

I'm actually really excited today about something not polish related. You might remember that I mentioned that I collect some perfumes, namely YSL Paris limited edition fragrances. I managed to find one that I really didn't think I would. I couldn't even find much about it online, it's the first springtime fragrance they released, it's from 2002. I accidentally stumbled upon it on eBay and got it for a very reasonable price. It arrived today. I now have all the springtime fragrances and I'm really happy.

Now if I could find EP December 2012, that would be amazing! Probably won't happen, but you never know!
Oh well done, I'm pleased for you! Not convinced the EP will ever appear, but never say never!

PearlyQueen

So did I! In the end I only got the Garden Path and Nevermind. The Paint It Pretty was nice, but I'm not convinced it's not similar to something I already own.

I received my previous order yesterday, all 3 are really pretty.

View attachment 70453
I really like both the ones you chose, both were in my shortlist but I've been profligate on spending this month so they had to go. I was also tempted by the PiP but it was also a casualty of the cull. And I've seen the next Nailed It collection coming on 15th and I MUST HAVE most of them...
Your order is really cute, I have the GLL on the way too, the KBShimmer was another I thought about at the time and it's cute.

PearlyQueen

So this is what I've been wearing this week - Quixotic Polish Frost Stained Glass:
DSC09596.JPG DSC09591.JPG DSC09592.JPG DSC09594.JPG DSC09600.JPG
It's really lovely! It mostly looks like the pinkest of the photos, even though the base colour is actually a very dark purple. Very pleased - but need to change soon as it's starting to look past its best.

Anitacska

So this is what I've been wearing this week - Quixotic Polish Frost Stained Glass:
View attachment 70474 View attachment 70475 View attachment 70476 View attachment 70477 View attachment 70478
It's really lovely! It mostly looks like the pinkest of the photos, even though the base colour is actually a very dark purple. Very pleased - but need to change soon as it's starting to look past its best.
Very pretty!

Sorry I've been AWOL, my younger two are doing exams, so I've been really busy. So far this week we've had 2 very early starts (one more on Friday), plus on Monday my eldest and I went to see Europe, Foreigner and Whitesnake at the O2. On Saturday I'm taking my middle one to see My Chemical Romance in Milton Keynes. I've been driving up and down the M25 and M40 as we have to go to High Wycombe for the exams. I'm really stressed and tired.

I did place an order from EdM and asked her to add my missing polish from last year. I need to empty my Stackry box in 2 weeks, so decided to add a few polishes to it, even though there were no discounts. I did get free shipping at least.

Have you seen the new Glams? I like the look of the holo collection, might actually place an order this time.

PearlyQueen

Very pretty!

Sorry I've been AWOL, my younger two are doing exams, so I've been really busy. So far this week we've had 2 very early starts (one more on Friday), plus on Monday my eldest and I went to see Europe, Foreigner and Whitesnake at the O2. On Saturday I'm taking my middle one to see My Chemical Romance in Milton Keynes. I've been driving up and down the M25 and M40 as we have to go to High Wycombe for the exams. I'm really stressed and tired.

I did place an order from EdM and asked her to add my missing polish from last year. I need to empty my Stackry box in 2 weeks, so decided to add a few polishes to it, even though there were no discounts. I did get free shipping at least.

Have you seen the new Glams? I like the look of the holo collection, might actually place an order this time.
Sounds exhausting, at least the end is in sight!
Yay for new EdMs and the replacement polish.
I'm very intrigued by the Glam holos coming soon, waiting for more swatches to decide though! I've bought way too much lately and I want some of the new Wildflowers, but I do like a couple of the Glams from what I've seen (and still want that previous red one...).
I got the complete Nailed It collection from RC on Sunday.

Anitacska

Sounds exhausting, at least the end is in sight!
Yay for new EdMs and the replacement polish.
I'm very intrigued by the Glam holos coming soon, waiting for more swatches to decide though! I've bought way too much lately and I want some of the new Wildflowers, but I do like a couple of the Glams from what I've seen (and still want that previous red one...).
I got the complete Nailed It collection from RC on Sunday.
Oh no, the one more on Friday is just for this week, there are several more exams in the coming weeks! The last one is on 23rd June. :(

At least the ex has Max most of the time, can't deal with him as well. But I was so pissed off with him, on Monday he came over to watch the younger two and feed them, and even though I asked him to wash up after himself, he left all the dirty plates and cutlery for me to deal with! We got back after midnight and had to be up at 6.15 and I had bloody piles of washing up left for me. I was fuming!

He's coming over on Saturday again to watch and feed the 2 who aren't coming to the concert, but I swear I'll kill him if he doesn't wash up afterwards! :mad: I've literally never regretted divorcing him.

PearlyQueen

Oh no, the one more on Friday is just for this week, there are several more exams in the coming weeks! The last one is on 23rd June. :(

At least the ex has Max most of the time, can't deal with him as well. But I was so pissed off with him, on Monday he came over to watch the younger two and feed them, and even though I asked him to wash up after himself, he left all the dirty plates and cutlery for me to deal with! We got back after midnight and had to be up at 6.15 and I had bloody piles of washing up left for me. I was fuming!

He's coming over on Saturday again to watch and feed the 2 who aren't coming to the concert, but I swear I'll kill him if he doesn't wash up afterwards! :mad: I've literally never regretted divorcing him.
Sorry Anita, that's a lot of driving ahead :(
Your ex sounds really annoying, the last sentence made me laugh out loud! Hope he listens next time xxx

PearlyQueen

First up, here's last week's mani, Illyrian Blush:
DSC09615.JPG DSC09616.JPG DSC09617.JPG DSC09619.JPG DSC09620.JPG DSC09626.JPG
This is a real chameleon, it doesn't look like much in the bottle. Scattered holo for sure, in some lighting a kind of peachy/nude, at other times a baby pink, occasionally a lilac. In some lighting however, it looks like a holo glitter bomb! Sooo sparkly but I couldn't capture it in a picture :( In low lighting it can be a duochrome pink/gold, or more usually a lilac shade with colour shifting shimmer from green to orange. Oh yes, and occasionally it's a nude with copper shimmer. One of these pics is awful but the only one that nabbed the green shift, so I included it anyway!
This week's is still in my camera, so will have to wait a while!

So I also have seen more of the Glams, and I'm going to pass - I'd much rather get the Great Lakes that are going away at the end of the month (shipping to UK $34!!!, or $10 to Stackry, but consolidation/onward shipping/actual postage costs/starting a new box...). I also fear an expensive PPU coming up, I've not seen everything yet but I'm pretty sure I want PfD, GLL, Wildflower and Paint It Pretty, maybe KBShimmer and Nailed It, so I don't want to overcommit before then.
Which means I've not yet placed my order for the new Wildflowers, which I'd like to get from Hypnotic. Only 2 or 3 I want though. And will probably ask them to hold so I can combine shipping with the next couple of releases as well. But maybe I'll wait and hope they still have them next month. I hate being broke! That's the extent of things for now, I like the Sparkle and Shine box but not enough to start Stackry for it, skipped Little Box of Horrors.
Hope everyone's doing OK!
xxx

Anitacska

View attachment 70481 View attachment 70482 View attachment 70483 View attachment 70484 View attachment 70485 View attachment 70486
This is a real chameleon, it doesn't look like much in the bottle. Scattered holo for sure, in some lighting a kind of peachy/nude, at other times a baby pink, occasionally a lilac. In some lighting however, it looks like a holo glitter bomb! Sooo sparkly but I couldn't capture it in a picture :( In low lighting it can be a duochrome pink/gold, or more usually a lilac shade with colour shifting shimmer from green to orange. Oh yes, and occasionally it's a nude with copper shimmer. One of these pics is awful but the only one that nabbed the green shift, so I included it anyway!

So I also have seen more of the Glams, and I'm going to pass - I'd much rather get the Great Lakes that are going away at the end of the month (shipping to UK $34!!!, or $10 to Stackry, but consolidation/onward shipping/actual postage costs/starting a new box...). I also fear an expensive PPU coming up, I've not seen everything yet but I'm pretty sure I want PfD, GLL, Wildflower and Paint It Pretty, maybe KBShimmer and Nailed It, so I don't want to overcommit before then.
Which means I've not yet placed my order for the new Wildflowers, which I'd like to get from Hypnotic. Only 2 or 3 I want though. And will probably ask them to hold so I can combine shipping with the next couple of releases as well. But maybe I'll wait and hope they still have them next month. I hate being broke! That's the extent of things for now, I like the Sparkle and Shine box but not enough to start Stackry for it, skipped Little Box of Horrors.
xxx
Blush is really pretty! I'm almost certain I own it myself.

I'm currently sitting in Muffin Break in High Wycombe drinking coffee, waiting for my children to do their Chemistry exam. We've only had 2 exams this week, but I'm exhausted, probably some left over from last week. On top of driving to High Wycombe 3 times, I also had to drive to Milton Keynes for a concert on Saturday. On the way back the M25 was closed, so we were directed off it and promptly got stuck behind 2 coaches unable to go overa narrow, very humpy bridge. We got home at 2.30 am!

Luckily next week is half term and there are no exams. Getting up at 6.15 am has been a massive shock to the system. I once again had unpainted nails for a day as I fell asleep in front of the telly.

I like the Glam holos, I think I'll get all 6. Not sure about PPU yet, will wait for wishlisting before I decide. I don't think I've seen many I want though.

Of course EdM is having a sale this weekend! She's also releasing some stunning new polishes, so I think I'll place an order, despite my Stackry box needing to be emptied on Monday. I guess I'll just have to start a new one. Typical though, ugh.

boschicka

View attachment 70481 View attachment 70482 View attachment 70483 View attachment 70484 View attachment 70485 View attachment 70486

xxx
Which Great Lakes polishes are you looking to buy? If I have them in my collection, I'd be happy to just give them to you. Could ship to your US address.

PearlyQueen

Which Great Lakes polishes are you looking to buy? If I have them in my collection, I'd be happy to just give them to you. Could ship to your US address.
Boschicka that is a lovely offer, I have a large basket at the moment, the new collection plus:
US2
Sunset on Summit Peak
Dusk on the Shores of Portage
The Real Boss
Making Peace with Past Indiscretions
Bring Yourself Back Online
Like Air I'll Rise
I Have Been Her Kind
Ease One Life The Aching

It will need to be trimmed down a bit though as I can't buy everything!

I love GLL polishes, but it's a recent love affair and I've missed so many I like in the past - her flakies are so beautiful! Happy to pay you for almost anything you don't love that I don't already own! (I say almost because I'm not a fan of her grey shimmers or anything too pastel...)

PearlyQueen

Blush is really pretty! I'm almost certain I own it myself.

I'm currently sitting in Muffin Break in High Wycombe drinking coffee, waiting for my children to do their Chemistry exam. We've only had 2 exams this week, but I'm exhausted, probably some left over from last week. On top of driving to High Wycombe 3 times, I also had to drive to Milton Keynes for a concert on Saturday. On the way back the M25 was closed, so we were directed off it and promptly got stuck behind 2 coaches unable to go overa narrow, very humpy bridge. We got home at 2.30 am!

Luckily next week is half term and there are no exams. Getting up at 6.15 am has been a massive shock to the system. I once again had unpainted nails for a day as I fell asleep in front of the telly.

I like the Glam holos, I think I'll get all 6. Not sure about PPU yet, will wait for wishlisting before I decide. I don't think I've seen many I want though.

Of course EdM is having a sale this weekend! She's also releasing some stunning new polishes, so I think I'll place an order, despite my Stackry box needing to be emptied on Monday. I guess I'll just have to start a new one. Typical though, ugh.
That all sounds exhausting!
I like the Glams too, but I need to prioritise and they drop off, I'm sure you'll love them!
I've seen some of those EdMs, they're gorgeous, and a good sale is always welcome, even if the timing with Stackry sucks.
I've just seen FTLOP and not impressed - won't be getting it, don't really like any of them (and I had high hopes when it was a GLL guest month :(

Anitacska

That all sounds exhausting!
I like the Glams too, but I need to prioritise and they drop off, I'm sure you'll love them!
I've seen some of those EdMs, they're gorgeous, and a good sale is always welcome, even if the timing with Stackry sucks.
I've just seen FTLOP and not impressed - won't be getting it, don't really like any of them (and I had high hopes when it was a GLL guest month :(
My biggest problem is that I placed an order with EdM just 2 weeks ago! But I wanted to have something else in my Stackry box (I only had 8 polishes from Different Dimension and a perfume in there). Typical. I won't be able to stay up until 1 am though, so I might miss out on stuff anyway. We'll see.

I'm not that keen on the FTLOP box, but I do like the Pahlish. Not going to buy it for just that though. I can't even remember when I last bought it, somehow they've been a lot less interesting lately (or is it just me?).

PearlyQueen

My biggest problem is that I placed an order with EdM just 2 weeks ago! But I wanted to have something else in my Stackry box (I only had 8 polishes from Different Dimension and a perfume in there). Typical. I won't be able to stay up until 1 am though, so I might miss out on stuff anyway. We'll see.

I'm not that keen on the FTLOP box, but I do like the Pahlish. Not going to buy it for just that though. I can't even remember when I last bought it, somehow they've been a lot less interesting lately (or is it just me?).
Oh, annoying! Fingers crossed you get what you want.
I can't remember last time I was even tempted by FTLOP, I usually like the PfD and occasionally one other, but it's been too long since I liked a full box. I find Pahlish a bit dull these days, I got a few on Black Friday and one recent PPU one, but for the most part I'm over the brand I think. Still love what I have though! Powder Perfect went the same way for me a long time ago, went from loving all of it to being bored stiff almost overnight - and it was her polishes that got dull, not my taste that changed.

boschicka

Boschicka that is a lovely offer, I have a large basket at the moment, the new collection plus:
US2
Sunset on Summit Peak
Dusk on the Shores of Portage
The Real Boss
Making Peace with Past Indiscretions
Bring Yourself Back Online
Like Air I'll Rise
I Have Been Her Kind
Ease One Life The Aching

It will need to be trimmed down a bit though as I can't buy everything!

I love GLL polishes, but it's a recent love affair and I've missed so many I like in the past - her flakies are so beautiful! Happy to pay you for almost anything you don't love that I don't already own! (I say almost because I'm not a fan of her grey shimmers or anything too pastel...)
A few of those sound familiar for sure. I'll check tonight and get back to you!

Anitacska

Oh, annoying! Fingers crossed you get what you want.
I can't remember last time I was even tempted by FTLOP, I usually like the PfD and occasionally one other, but it's been too long since I liked a full box. I find Pahlish a bit dull these days, I got a few on Black Friday and one recent PPU one, but for the most part I'm over the brand I think. Still love what I have though! Powder Perfect went the same way for me a long time ago, went from loving all of it to being bored stiff almost overnight - and it was her polishes that got dull, not my taste that changed.
Thanks. I don't think they're limited (other than the LEs), but might sell out and when they're restocked, they won't be on sale anymore. Oh well, I'm not that fussed, I need to sleep more than anything!

I actually haven't liked the PfD much lately in the FTLOP box. Or even her recent PPU offerings because of the reflective glitter. It's fine, I don't have to buy everything.

Anitacska

Just bought the cosmic holos plus 4 other Glams from older collections. It's annoying how we can't buy them as a set, therefore can't use the 10% off code. I did ask in the group if she would refund the other 5%, we'll see.

Latest posts