Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

I have now updated my spreadsheet! But yeah, I'm still pretty tired and have so much to do, plus it feels like a chore now to choose and match up polishes, and then put them away in the end. Maybe I'll find more joy in it again when things calm down.

I had a proper look at PPU and there are a few I like, but I don't think I'll order. I like the Wildflower, Dreamland and Sassy Sauce, plus a few I've identified I already have, so that's good. I do have the Garden Path, Paint It Pretty and KBShimmer btw. If you get the Wildflower, I'd love to swap for that. Do you have the Dreamland by any chance? I guess not.

I didn't buy from Different Dimension in the end, turns out I already have everything I wanted. It was annoying though, she changed the date and time of the sale 3 times, from 9 am to 9 pm (which was 2 am here, although in the end I didn't bother getting up, just as well really), to 9 am again, but then she was a couple of hours late. Not even sure exactly when the shop opened, I kept checking, then gave up for a while. Yeah, she said she wants to cut back her inventory and releases because she's struggling to cope.

No FTLOP box for me again either. I like the PfD, but not the others.

I don't know what to do with my Stackry box, I only have 8 polishes and a perfume in there, but I don't really want to buy stuff for the sake of buying, especially as I'm still not doing well with the finances. So I guess it'll be an expensive delivery for not much stuff. I will definitely stop using it now until Black Friday, hopefully by then I'll have a job and a bit more spending money.
Sorry to hear that you're still feeling that way about your polish :(
Admin sucks though, regardless. Hope your mood on it improves soon.
That DD sale sounds like a pain, at least you didn't miss anything you wanted.
I feel the same as you re FTLOP - at first I thought the Pahlish was red, but it's orange so an easy pass for me.
I feel you on Stackry, it's such a waste when you have hardly anything in it, but it's so expensive to add things for the sake of it. Since the pound tanked it's been so much more pointless, and if available elsewhere most things are cheaper from RC/Hypnotic/Harlow etc. I just wish everything I liked was available more widely!

PearlyQueen

I got three from PPU in the end, Wildflower, Night Owl and GLL. The Patty Lopes had one picture that looked amazing but all the others were less impressive, so I decided to skip it.
I left the ones you have as I can put them on my swap list and maybe go for the decants. Nice to have the option, so thank you!

Anitacska

Hiya Anita, just a super quick note as I'm swamped with two jobs just now, but Yay, for adding those three to my swap list, no I don't have Dreamland, yes I will get Wildflower and happy to swap for it. Must dash, will look at rest of your post properly when I stop panicking about too much work, too little time.xxx
Sorry to hear you were so busy, hope the new job is going okay. Thanks for letting me know about the Dreamland.

Sorry to hear that you're still feeling that way about your polish :(
Admin sucks though, regardless. Hope your mood on it improves soon.
That DD sale sounds like a pain, at least you didn't miss anything you wanted.
I feel the same as you re FTLOP - at first I thought the Pahlish was red, but it's orange so an easy pass for me.
I feel you on Stackry, it's such a waste when you have hardly anything in it, but it's so expensive to add things for the sake of it. Since the pound tanked it's been so much more pointless, and if available elsewhere most things are cheaper from RC/Hypnotic/Harlow etc. I just wish everything I liked was available more widely!
Thanks. To be honest I probably wouldn't even bother with painting my nails if they didn't look so horrible underneath. Maybe I should try doing one of those reset treatments, but so far nothing has worked for me.

I got three from PPU in the end, Wildflower, Night Owl and GLL. The Patty Lopes had one picture that looked amazing but all the others were less impressive, so I decided to skip it.
I left the ones you have as I can put them on my swap list and maybe go for the decants. Nice to have the option, so thank you!
You're welcome and thanks for letting me know about the Wildflower. I didn't order in the end. I'm also not getting any of the extra polishes that the makers have available in their shops. I'm going to place a small Femme Fatale order later though, but only for 3 polishes. Luckily she isn't churning out huge collections right now.

Anitacska

I have a few mani pictures to show. First is Girly Bits Fax Machine. It's a matte polish, but I prefer it shiny.

IMG_20220619_114636738.jpg

IMG_20220619_114706128.jpg

Next is Polished for Days Cute as a Button. Pretty, but I've realised that PfD polishes tend to chip on me very quickly.

img_20220622_131451363.jpg

img_20220622_131528353.jpg

This is Femme Fatale Death Spell. I really liked this one too.

img_20220624_112628760.jpg

img_20220624_112640124.jpg

img_20220624_112658953.jpg

IMG_20220624_144322148.jpg

Finally my new pedi, Glam Polish Running Up That Hill. I don't know if any of you have been watching Stranger Things, but the Kate Bush song with the same name has been number 1 thanks to the show. So I've decided to wear it in honour of it. I finished watching the current season last night and cried buckets, lol.

IMG_20220626_123557509.jpg

PearlyQueen

I have a few mani pictures to show. First is Girly Bits Fax Machine. It's a matte polish, but I prefer it shiny.

View attachment 70556

View attachment 70557

Next is Polished for Days Cute as a Button. Pretty, but I've realised that PfD polishes tend to chip on me very quickly.

View attachment 70558

View attachment 70559

This is Femme Fatale Death Spell. I really liked this one too.

View attachment 70560

View attachment 70561

View attachment 70562

View attachment 70563

Finally my new pedi, Glam Polish Running Up That Hill. I don't know if any of you have been watching Stranger Things, but the Kate Bush song with the same name has been number 1 thanks to the show. So I've decided to wear it in honour of it. I finished watching the current season last night and cried buckets, lol.

View attachment 70564
Oo, nice! Cute as a Button is really nice, what a shame the brand is a chipper on you, you must have loads as well :( I love the FF!
I haven't got round to Stranger Things yet (or that Glam, which I do own!).

Anitacska

Oo, nice! Cute as a Button is really nice, what a shame the brand is a chipper on you, you must have loads as well :( I love the FF!
I haven't got round to Stranger Things yet (or that Glam, which I do own!).
Yeah, it's annoying. Most polishes chip on me within a couple of days, but I suddenly realised that PfDs almost always chip the day after I painted my nails. Usually the flakies are worse though. Oh well.

I have some more mani pictures to share, first is PfD Charm topped with Femme Fatale Sea Shepherd on the accents. I really liked this one, looked very cool.

IMG_20220626_114901617.jpg

IMG_20220626_114914488.jpg

IMG_20220626_114928562.jpg

IMG_20220626_114809169.jpg

Next is Different Dimension Houston, We Have a Problem. I did not like this one. In the bottle it looks nice, but on the nail it was bumpy. It had some random long glitters in it and just didn't look good.

img_20220628_164123226.jpg

img_20220628_164112871.jpg

This is Glam Polish You've Got a Friend in Me. I liked this one.

IMG_20220630_132209468.jpg

IMG_20220630_132221937.jpg

IMG_20220630_132239655.jpg

PearlyQueen

Yeah, it's annoying. Most polishes chip on me within a couple of days, but I suddenly realised that PfDs almost always chip the day after I painted my nails. Usually the flakies are worse though. Oh well.

I have some more mani pictures to share, first is PfD Charm topped with Femme Fatale Sea Shepherd on the accents. I really liked this one, looked very cool.

View attachment 70568

View attachment 70569

View attachment 70570

View attachment 70571

Next is Different Dimension Houston, We Have a Problem. I did not like this one. In the bottle it looks nice, but on the nail it was bumpy. It had some random long glitters in it and just didn't look good.

View attachment 70572

View attachment 70574

This is Glam Polish You've Got a Friend in Me. I liked this one.

View attachment 70575

View attachment 70576

View attachment 70577
Cute! I prefer the first one! Shame the DD was annoying because it's a lovely colour. The last one isn't my style but for some reason I really like it!

PearlyQueen

I've been having a word with myself and I have to stop buying so much polish - recent hikes in my costs mean I just don't have the money to buy all the pretties any more. I was shocked by my current CC balance when I checked the other day and totted up my polish only spending and it's running about 3 times what I have money to pay for. This is the reason for job 2 of course, but I don't want to blow the lot on polish, and need to keep money for tax/national insurance etc from it, so looking at my job 1 only finances (and job 2 carries zero guarantees of work) I need to cut back A LOT. So I took all the Stackry stuff out of the total and it was still over what I could afford. I've decided I can probably keep doing small PPU orders, getting Nailed Its from RC, and getting Wildflowers from Hypnotic if I combine orders across 3 releases. I would also like to continue to afford some of the new Phoenix releases that have been so gorgeous recently. But I'm not sure if even just those can be done - Phoenix dropped a 15 piece collection at RC the other day, and I want 9 of them! That was what prompted me to find out if I could afford them. I guess I can Stackry occasionally if there is something I feel I must have, which might allow a few additions out of Job 2 money, and I'm happy to fund a splurge on Black Friday at PfD and some others out of my eBay takings but I'm sadly going to have to stick with some favourite brands and be less spendy. It's kind of sad but I have to be realistic. I obviously have an open Stackry just now, and have already planned some spending to go with it, but I guess I will carry on with that, buy the Phoenix ones from my eBay savings, which will also have to cover my forwarding costs, and then be much more restrained. I'm skipping this month's Nailed It release to help pay for the Phoenix ones that I prefer. The casualties will be the overseas only stuff like HHC. PGB, FTLOP, LBOH etc, the RC stuff I often buy like Ethereal, Fancy Gloss, Garden Path etc. Plus other occasional add to Stackry stuff like GLL, Paint It Pretty, Alchemy, Shleee, Lemming... Not gonna lie, it's going to be tough. I'll be cutting back on Glams even more too - I have a tendency to buy the ones I like best from every collection, I have to be more ruthless with them. I have an open order with one polish just now, and a couple of older ones I plan to add, but going forward, no red flakies, no opening an order! Let's see if I can stick to this plan, it feels like a lot of cutting back at once, but the bills have taken such a huge leap in the last couple of months I've been shocked into thinking very seriously about how to keep my nail love going without ending up homeless with 4000 nail polishes to shelter me in the park! Wish me luck! I'm going to try to stay off FB pages for the brands I'm trying to give up to assist the effort. Indie nail polish is my crack!

Anitacska

I've been having a word with myself and I have to stop buying so much polish - recent hikes in my costs mean I just don't have the money to buy all the pretties any more. I was shocked by my current CC balance when I checked the other day and totted up my polish only spending and it's running about 3 times what I have money to pay for. This is the reason for job 2 of course, but I don't want to blow the lot on polish, and need to keep money for tax/national insurance etc from it, so looking at my job 1 only finances (and job 2 carries zero guarantees of work) I need to cut back A LOT. So I took all the Stackry stuff out of the total and it was still over what I could afford. I've decided I can probably keep doing small PPU orders, getting Nailed Its from RC, and getting Wildflowers from Hypnotic if I combine orders across 3 releases. I would also like to continue to afford some of the new Phoenix releases that have been so gorgeous recently. But I'm not sure if even just those can be done - Phoenix dropped a 15 piece collection at RC the other day, and I want 9 of them! That was what prompted me to find out if I could afford them. I guess I can Stackry occasionally if there is something I feel I must have, which might allow a few additions out of Job 2 money, and I'm happy to fund a splurge on Black Friday at PfD and some others out of my eBay takings but I'm sadly going to have to stick with some favourite brands and be less spendy. It's kind of sad but I have to be realistic. I obviously have an open Stackry just now, and have already planned some spending to go with it, but I guess I will carry on with that, buy the Phoenix ones from my eBay savings, which will also have to cover my forwarding costs, and then be much more restrained. I'm skipping this month's Nailed It release to help pay for the Phoenix ones that I prefer. The casualties will be the overseas only stuff like HHC. PGB, FTLOP, LBOH etc, the RC stuff I often buy like Ethereal, Fancy Gloss, Garden Path etc. Plus other occasional add to Stackry stuff like GLL, Paint It Pretty, Alchemy, Shleee, Lemming... Not gonna lie, it's going to be tough. I'll be cutting back on Glams even more too - I have a tendency to buy the ones I like best from every collection, I have to be more ruthless with them. I have an open order with one polish just now, and a couple of older ones I plan to add, but going forward, no red flakies, no opening an order! Let's see if I can stick to this plan, it feels like a lot of cutting back at once, but the bills have taken such a huge leap in the last couple of months I've been shocked into thinking very seriously about how to keep my nail love going without ending up homeless with 4000 nail polishes to shelter me in the park! Wish me luck! I'm going to try to stay off FB pages for the brands I'm trying to give up to assist the effort. Indie nail polish is my crack!
I can totally relate to this. Although I've not been buying many polishes lately (I've only bought 64 so far this year), I've gone totally mad buying fragrances and spent way more than I can afford. If it's not one obsession, it's the other. Used to be make up, then polish, although I've always had a good few fragrances too, but not this many!

I haven't been able to pay off my debts and it now seems even less likely. My gas and electricity bill has gone from £159 to £308 a month! My council tax is going up as my eldest has now finished uni and I won't be getting the single adult occupier discount. Pet insurance has been steadily going up as the animals are getting older (the cats are 10, 11 and nearly 12, the dog is 8), and there's all the worming and flea stuff (paid over £200 for 3 months' supply). Food is so much more expensive, and I spent a small fortune on petrol over the 2 months when we were driving to High Wycombe 2-3 times a week. I don't even buy anything big or expensive (okay, my perfume purchases did add up majorly), and I'm dreading having to pay for repairs or replacing an appliance.

So yeah, I also have to stop buying frivolous things. Just as well I'm not that interested in polish anymore, I really only follow a handful of brands now, but even that's too many. I certainly can't afford Stackry anymore. I'm going to ship my stuff next week (I only have very little in there) and not use it again until Black Friday (IF I can afford it). I'm also really scared I won't be able to find a job not having worked for 21 years!

Oh and I'm annoyed as I've listed a bunch of stuff (make up and a couple of fragrances) on eBay and I've only sold a handful. With the eBay fees and such, I'm not even seeing £100 from it. Ugh. I'm also running out of stuff to sell, and I don't want to get rid of my polishes yet. Plus I can't be bothered to list single polishes, it's too much faff for little return. So I don't know what I'm going to do.

But I'm here for moral support! And we can do our swap. I just need to sit down and decide on what I'd like. On that note, could you please show me your Tonic protos (if you're happy to decant them)? I'll have to check how many empty bottles I have, might need to order some more. Do you want to do 12 again?

PearlyQueen

I can totally relate to this. Although I've not been buying many polishes lately (I've only bought 64 so far this year), I've gone totally mad buying fragrances and spent way more than I can afford. If it's not one obsession, it's the other. Used to be make up, then polish, although I've always had a good few fragrances too, but not this many!

I haven't been able to pay off my debts and it now seems even less likely. My gas and electricity bill has gone from £159 to £308 a month! My council tax is going up as my eldest has now finished uni and I won't be getting the single adult occupier discount. Pet insurance has been steadily going up as the animals are getting older (the cats are 10, 11 and nearly 12, the dog is 8), and there's all the worming and flea stuff (paid over £200 for 3 months' supply). Food is so much more expensive, and I spent a small fortune on petrol over the 2 months when we were driving to High Wycombe 2-3 times a week. I don't even buy anything big or expensive (okay, my perfume purchases did add up majorly), and I'm dreading having to pay for repairs or replacing an appliance.

So yeah, I also have to stop buying frivolous things. Just as well I'm not that interested in polish anymore, I really only follow a handful of brands now, but even that's too many. I certainly can't afford Stackry anymore. I'm going to ship my stuff next week (I only have very little in there) and not use it again until Black Friday (IF I can afford it). I'm also really scared I won't be able to find a job not having worked for 21 years!

Oh and I'm annoyed as I've listed a bunch of stuff (make up and a couple of fragrances) on eBay and I've only sold a handful. With the eBay fees and such, I'm not even seeing £100 from it. Ugh. I'm also running out of stuff to sell, and I don't want to get rid of my polishes yet. Plus I can't be bothered to list single polishes, it's too much faff for little return. So I don't know what I'm going to do.

But I'm here for moral support! And we can do our swap. I just need to sit down and decide on what I'd like. On that note, could you please show me your Tonic protos (if you're happy to decant them)? I'll have to check how many empty bottles I have, might need to order some more. Do you want to do 12 again?
Sounds like we're both hitting the skids simultaneously, I'm here for you too, thanks for listening to my moany post above! I nearly deleted it! I think I was just really shocked that I didn't feel I'd bought too much this month, but it was still about three times what my new budget can really support. I don't want every penny I've saved via eBay (and the new job money when I finally start getting it) to just be wasted on polishes I will never have enough fingers and years to get through! But I do still want to be able to get some nice new things, so budgeting is key. And being more selective.
My eBay sales have also slowed to a crawl, I think that everyone's finding it tough going with the bills cranking up. I've sold a few cheap polishes over the last few months, but there's no interest in most of them.
I will dig out the Tonics and get you pics in the next few days, I haven't even started thinking about my swaplist yet! Twelve seems a good number to me, sure we can manage that! But I'll need to buy bottles, so I'll let you know when they arrive. After tonight's shock, I'll probably wait till after 15th (credit card day) to order them if that's OK.
Job 2 is eating into my free time as well, but I'll try to get it all together soon.
We can do this! :knuddel:

Anitacska

Sounds like we're both hitting the skids simultaneously, I'm here for you too, thanks for listening to my moany post above! I nearly deleted it! I think I was just really shocked that I didn't feel I'd bought too much this month, but it was still about three times what my new budget can really support. I don't want every penny I've saved via eBay (and the new job money when I finally start getting it) to just be wasted on polishes I will never have enough fingers and years to get through! But I do still want to be able to get some nice new things, so budgeting is key. And being more selective.
My eBay sales have also slowed to a crawl, I think that everyone's finding it tough going with the bills cranking up. I've sold a few cheap polishes over the last few months, but there's no interest in most of them.
I will dig out the Tonics and get you pics in the next few days, I haven't even started thinking about my swaplist yet! Twelve seems a good number to me, sure we can manage that! But I'll need to buy bottles, so I'll let you know when they arrive. After tonight's shock, I'll probably wait till after 15th (credit card day) to order them if that's OK.
Job 2 is eating into my free time as well, but I'll try to get it all together soon.
We can do this! :knuddel:
Yeah, sure, no rush. I've only just caught up with all the housework I needed to do. My garden is still only halfway sorted, but I'm not doing it in this heat.

I think you're right about people not wanting to spend much right now. Clearly they are more sensible than me, haha!

PearlyQueen

Tonic pictures as promised!
DSC00110.JPG DSC00111.JPG DSC00112.JPG DSC00113.JPG DSC00114.JPG DSC00115.JPG DSC00116.JPG DSC00109.JPG
Go me! I tried to cover a few different lighting options and a few close-ups. I aimed to keep them in the same order in every pic. Some I've numbered for my own reference, but not the ones Tonic numbered themselves, which are not all visible, but hopefully next to or below something for reference. Next stage - must order bottles and make a list.
On that note... Do you have any Wildflowers, GLLs or Nailed Its? Not sure that you do but I thought it was worth checking!

Anitacska

Tonic pictures as promised!
View attachment 70585 View attachment 70586 View attachment 70587 View attachment 70588 View attachment 70589 View attachment 70590 View attachment 70591 View attachment 70584
Go me! I tried to cover a few different lighting options and a few close-ups. I aimed to keep them in the same order in every pic. Some I've numbered for my own reference, but not the ones Tonic numbered themselves, which are not all visible, but hopefully next to or below something for reference. Next stage - must order bottles and make a list.
On that note... Do you have any Wildflowers, GLLs or Nailed Its? Not sure that you do but I thought it was worth checking!
Thank you! I like the look of a few of these!

I have a handful of GLLs, 2 Nailed Its (Tree of Light, Crushed Amethyst) and 2 Wildflowers (Poor Unfortunate Souls, Ámame). These are the GLLs I have (mostly older ones):

Alternative Lipstick
Like Air I'll Rise
Ease One Life The Aching
The Centre Cannot Hold
In a Handful of Dust
Coney Island Queen
Brooklyn Shenanigans
Ohana
Whatever
Losing Hope and Forgetting Dreams
Billions of Beautiful Hearts
Like This Red
Ready for Fall
Bubblegum
The Colors of Cobalt

Anitacska

I need to rant. The FF UK group buy organiser took 10 days after receiving the package from FF to divide up the order and let us know how much the UK postage is. (There are 4 of us altogether, and she has a spreadsheet with all the information, so it's not hard.) Then I asked her to give me a quote for Hermes as I have 18 polishes and didn't fancy paying that much for RM, I'd rather take the risk with Hermes. That took her another 2 days. I paid her and she said she would drop the package off the next day (Monday). I messaged her on Monday and asked her to give me the tracking number, she said she would do it in the evening. On Tuesday evening I asked her again for the tracking number, which she then gave me, but said she'd not have the chance to drop it off yet, but would message me when she did. I asked again on Thursday evening as the tracking is still showing that she hasn't dropped it off, and now she's not even responding to me. I know she works full time, but she's had a week now to drop it off and still nothing. Now I'm guessing she won't do it until Wednesday due to the heatwave. I don't really want to keep pestering her, but equally I'm really fed up. Last time I drove to hers to pick up the package as I had about 30 polishes, but with the petrol prices and everything, I'm not willing to do that again. I guess I could try messaging Sophie at FF, but she probably won't do anything. Ugh.

PearlyQueen

I need to rant. The FF UK group buy organiser took 10 days after receiving the package from FF to divide up the order and let us know how much the UK postage is. (There are 4 of us altogether, and she has a spreadsheet with all the information, so it's not hard.) Then I asked her to give me a quote for Hermes as I have 18 polishes and didn't fancy paying that much for RM, I'd rather take the risk with Hermes. That took her another 2 days. I paid her and she said she would drop the package off the next day (Monday). I messaged her on Monday and asked her to give me the tracking number, she said she would do it in the evening. On Tuesday evening I asked her again for the tracking number, which she then gave me, but said she'd not have the chance to drop it off yet, but would message me when she did. I asked again on Thursday evening as the tracking is still showing that she hasn't dropped it off, and now she's not even responding to me. I know she works full time, but she's had a week now to drop it off and still nothing. Now I'm guessing she won't do it until Wednesday due to the heatwave. I don't really want to keep pestering her, but equally I'm really fed up. Last time I drove to hers to pick up the package as I had about 30 polishes, but with the petrol prices and everything, I'm not willing to do that again. I guess I could try messaging Sophie at FF, but she probably won't do anything. Ugh.
Oh that is so frustrating, I hope they get shipped soon xx

Anitacska

Oh that is so frustrating, I hope they get shipped soon xx
Thanks. I messaged her again yesterday and she said the shop was closed on Thursday when she tried to drop it off, but she will drop it off on her way to work today and message me as soon as she's done it. Guess what... no message, tracking still says awaiting package.

I spoke with the other two people in the group buy and they've both received their packages already. I don't know what she's playing at. :mad:

My Stackry package is due on Thursday, hope there'll be no delay with that one.

On the upside I sold 10 items on eBay over the past week, very pleased with that.

PearlyQueen

Thanks. I messaged her again yesterday and she said the shop was closed on Thursday when she tried to drop it off, but she will drop it off on her way to work today and message me as soon as she's done it. Guess what... no message, tracking still says awaiting package.

I spoke with the other two people in the group buy and they've both received their packages already. I don't know what she's playing at. :mad:

My Stackry package is due on Thursday, hope there'll be no delay with that one.

On the upside I sold 10 items on eBay over the past week, very pleased with that.
It's so annoying when people don't just tell you what's happening :(
Yay, ten sales is impressive! I did three items yesterday for about £12 between them. Still, all money gratefully received, small amount of space reclaimed and a polish I no longer need to wear, so all good. But I won't be retiring on my profits any time soon.

Latest posts