Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

It's so annoying when people don't just tell you what's happening :(
Yay, ten sales is impressive! I did three items yesterday for about £12 between them. Still, all money gratefully received, small amount of space reclaimed and a polish I no longer need to wear, so all good. But I won't be retiring on my profits any time soon.
I still haven't heard back from her and the tracking hasn't updated, so I'm assuming she hasn't dropped it off. Honestly, I'm beginning to think she's lost my package or something, I really don't understand why she's not dropping it off otherwise. I will give it until tomorrow due to the heat (I'm not going anywhere myself!), but if she still hasn't dropped it off, I'll be messaging Sophie about it. At this rate she's not suitable to do the group buy anymore, she either passes it on to someone else or I'm not willing to take part anymore. And that'll be the end of my ordering from FF, because I'm not paying for the full price shipping from Australia.

PearlyQueen

Thank you! I like the look of a few of these!

I have a handful of GLLs, 2 Nailed Its (Tree of Light, Crushed Amethyst) and 2 Wildflowers (Poor Unfortunate Souls, Ámame). These are the GLLs I have (mostly older ones):

Alternative Lipstick
Like Air I'll Rise
Ease One Life The Aching
The Centre Cannot Hold
In a Handful of Dust
Coney Island Queen
Brooklyn Shenanigans
Ohana
Whatever
Losing Hope and Forgetting Dreams
Billions of Beautiful Hearts
Like This Red
Ready for Fall
Bubblegum
The Colors of Cobalt
I've made my list and ordered the bottles! Saved the GLLs for next time though, can't do everything and those EdMs I wanted feature heavily! I'll let you know when the bottles arrive.

Anitacska

I've made my list and ordered the bottles! Saved the GLLs for next time though, can't do everything and those EdMs I wanted feature heavily! I'll let you know when the bottles arrive.
I just ordered the bottles too, but I haven't made my list yet. I will get onto it soon.

Finally my FF package has been dropped off and my Stackry package has arrived. Only 8 polishes though. Will post a picture soon.

Annoyingly I really like the look of the FTLOP box, but I really can't order. I can't afford to keep using Stackry. Oh well.

I have a job interview tomorrow. I'm very surprised, didn't think they'd consider me with my non-existent experience. Probably won't get the job though.

PearlyQueen

I just ordered the bottles too, but I haven't made my list yet. I will get onto it soon.

Finally my FF package has been dropped off and my Stackry package has arrived. Only 8 polishes though. Will post a picture soon.

Annoyingly I really like the look of the FTLOP box, but I really can't order. I can't afford to keep using Stackry. Oh well.

I have a job interview tomorrow. I'm very surprised, didn't think they'd consider me with my non-existent experience. Probably won't get the job though.
Yay, at last, hope you get them soon!
I haven't seen FTLOP yet.
Good luck for tomorrow!

Anitacska

I have bottles too, but still no list, sorry. I've been very busy and stressed. I promise I will try to do it this weekend.

I've got my FF package, all good. I did offer to take over the group buy if she finds it too much of a chore, she said she'll see how the next one goes. As long as she doesn't take 10 days to drop off my stuff, I don't mind too much.

Here are my EdMs from Stackry. I like them all, especially the 2 LEs.

IMG_20220720_113416454.jpg

I still need to take pictures of the FF polishes.

PearlyQueen

I have bottles too, but still no list, sorry. I've been very busy and stressed. I promise I will try to do it this weekend.

I've got my FF package, all good. I did offer to take over the group buy if she finds it too much of a chore, she said she'll see how the next one goes. As long as she doesn't take 10 days to drop off my stuff, I don't mind too much.

Here are my EdMs from Stackry. I like them all, especially the 2 LEs.

View attachment 70597

I still need to take pictures of the FF polishes.
Absolutely no rush on the list, whenever you're happy to do it is fine! Sorry to hear you're still stressed. I've turned very busy myself with the second job.
Good thinking to offer to take on the FF group buy, hope it jogs her into faster action in future! Glad you love all your new polishes!
I love your EdM order (I hope it's OK to add the LEs to my list?).

Anitacska

Absolutely no rush on the list, whenever you're happy to do it is fine! Sorry to hear you're still stressed. I've turned very busy myself with the second job.
Good thinking to offer to take on the FF group buy, hope it jogs her into faster action in future! Glad you love all your new polishes!
I love your EdM order (I hope it's OK to add the LEs to my list?).
Yes, sure, go ahead.

PearlyQueen

I finally got round to sorting out recent mani pics too!

shell yeah 2.JPG shell yeah 4.JPG shell yeah 11.JPG shell yeah 14.JPG shell yeah 15.JPG shell yeah 16.JPG shell yeah 17.JPG shell yeah 18.JPG

First up was Night Owl Lacquer Shell, Yeah! A PPU purchase. Sorry about the loads of pics, but it's soooo shifty! It was a very surprising polish, didn't really look like the swatches I'd seen or the bottle, or my paper swatch. I think it's a purple with shifty shimmer, but it doesn't look like that on the nails most of the time, it's gorgeous.

PearlyQueen

gloriana 1.JPG gloriana 2.JPG gloriana 3.JPG
Next was AEngland Gloriana. Very pretty. I nearly went and placed an order with them after I wore this, but I resisted in the end. They do have some pretty holos and the prices have gone down a lot since I last looked, they have some cool sets at reduced prices too. And there was a sale code, but I can't buy everything...
This has been on my "wear soon" shelf for a very long time, glad I finally got to it!

DSC00157.JPG DSC00159.JPG DSC00166.JPG
And my current mani is Paradox Polish Chakram. I've got mixed feelings about this one - it's a gorgeous colour, and it's sparkly in the sun, but I wore it as a test of a second reflective glitter polish in a less "busy" format than that gorgeous Phoenix one from before. It's silver reflective in this one too, but so much less blingy. Even the flash photo doesn't make it go "boom"! The sunlight is the only one I'd say it's sparkling in, and it's no more shiny than any other glitter IMO. So I don't feel much the wiser in my testing of reflectives! I might have to try again, because I don't know if it's the type of glitter, the dark background colour, the brand of polish or what. I've got a few of these now, and all of the Phoenix ones look very impressive in the bottle. So does my Cadillacquer one. But this one, the Glam and the Ethereal are much less impressive looking. Back to the lab for another experiment I think!

Anitacska

I finally got round to sorting out recent mani pics too!

View attachment 70601 View attachment 70602 View attachment 70603 View attachment 70604 View attachment 70605 View attachment 70606 View attachment 70607 View attachment 70608

First up was Night Owl Lacquer Shell, Yeah! A PPU purchase. Sorry about the loads of pics, but it's soooo shifty! It was a very surprising polish, didn't really look like the swatches I'd seen or the bottle, or my paper swatch. I think it's a purple with shifty shimmer, but it doesn't look like that on the nails most of the time, it's gorgeous.
Ooh this is really stunning!

Anitacska

View attachment 70612 View attachment 70613 View attachment 70614
Next was AEngland Gloriana. Very pretty. I nearly went and placed an order with them after I wore this, but I resisted in the end. They do have some pretty holos and the prices have gone down a lot since I last looked, they have some cool sets at reduced prices too. And there was a sale code, but I can't buy everything...
This has been on my "wear soon" shelf for a very long time, glad I finally got to it!

View attachment 70609 View attachment 70610 View attachment 70611
And my current mani is Paradox Polish Chakram. I've got mixed feelings about this one - it's a gorgeous colour, and it's sparkly in the sun, but I wore it as a test of a second reflective glitter polish in a less "busy" format than that gorgeous Phoenix one from before. It's silver reflective in this one too, but so much less blingy. Even the flash photo doesn't make it go "boom"! The sunlight is the only one I'd say it's sparkling in, and it's no more shiny than any other glitter IMO. So I don't feel much the wiser in my testing of reflectives! I might have to try again, because I don't know if it's the type of glitter, the dark background colour, the brand of polish or what. I've got a few of these now, and all of the Phoenix ones look very impressive in the bottle. So does my Cadillacquer one. But this one, the Glam and the Ethereal are much less impressive looking. Back to the lab for another experiment I think!
These are nice. I'm still not a fan of reflective glitter, just don't get it. I do like the base colour of the Paradox though.

Anitacska

Here is my Femme Fatale haul. I've split them up into groups (per month of order) as I'm planning on posting them separately in the FF group. You can do one post per haul, but it's not fair if I only receive 2 deliveries a year. (There's a $10 prize draw every month.)

IMG_20220723_140519229.jpg

IMG_20220723_140930599.jpg

IMG_20220723_141509779.jpg

IMG_20220723_141936737.jpg

IMG_20220723_142140670.jpg

IMG_20220723_142351499.jpg

I swatched about half of them yesterday and checked them to see which ones are thermal (annoyingly she never puts that on the labels) and I'm quite underwhelmed by a couple of them (Piglet and Merryweather). they're nice polishes, but don't really transition. Meh.

Anitacska

Also here are some mani pictures. First is Emily de Molly Before the Storm with Tonic Polish Ru on the accents. Ignore the plasters, I had been gardening the day before and managed to cut myself.

IMG_20220703_111335821.jpg

IMG_20220703_111419706.jpg

IMG_20220703_111449494.jpg

IMG_20220703_111501829.jpg

Next is Bear Pawlish 24 Months & Counting topped with Glam Polish Snow White on the accents

IMG_20220705_130624514.jpg

IMG_20220705_130632955.jpg

IMG_20220705_130702577.jpg

This is Colors by Llarowe Sandy We Ain't in Kansas Anymore topped with Hare Polish Mad Chill on the accents. I'm thinking about selling all my Hare Polishes, I find them a bit meh and wonder if people are still interested in them.

img_20220707_134803431.jpg

img_20220707_134813408.jpg

Anitacska

A few more (heatwave) manis. As you can see, I just didn't have the energy to pair polishes up again. First is Different Dimension Rocket Man.

IMG_20220709_152741166.jpg

IMG_20220709_152757385.jpg

Next is Cupcake Polish You'll Need This Pink. So sparkly!

IMG_20220711_102153083.jpg

IMG_20220711_102209099.jpg

This is ILNP Blueprint. So glowy!

IMG_20220713_110712307.jpg

IMG_20220713_110735644.jpg

Finally this is Colors by Llarowe Holiday Magic.

IMG_20220715_134501111.jpg

IMG_20220715_134508379.jpg

IMG_20220715_134520103.jpg

IMG_20220715_134529152.jpg

PearlyQueen

Also here are some mani pictures. First is Emily de Molly Before the Storm with Tonic Polish Ru on the accents. Ignore the plasters, I had been gardening the day before and managed to cut myself.

View attachment 70622

View attachment 70623

View attachment 70624

View attachment 70625

Next is Bear Pawlish 24 Months & Counting topped with Glam Polish Snow White on the accents

View attachment 70626

View attachment 70627

View attachment 70628

This is Colors by Llarowe Sandy We Ain't in Kansas Anymore topped with Hare Polish Mad Chill on the accents. I'm thinking about selling all my Hare Polishes, I find them a bit meh and wonder if people are still interested in them.

View attachment 70629

View attachment 70630
Very nice! I never got the appeal of Hare, I don't own any.

PearlyQueen

A few more (heatwave) manis. As you can see, I just didn't have the energy to pair polishes up again. First is Different Dimension Rocket Man.

View attachment 70631

View attachment 70632

Next is Cupcake Polish You'll Need This Pink. So sparkly!

View attachment 70633

View attachment 70634

This is ILNP Blueprint. So glowy!

View attachment 70635

View attachment 70636

Finally this is Colors by Llarowe Holiday Magic.

View attachment 70637

View attachment 70638

View attachment 70639

View attachment 70640
I love these! My favourite is the DD. These are pretty enough alone, don't need partners!

PearlyQueen

Here is my Femme Fatale haul. I've split them up into groups (per month of order) as I'm planning on posting them separately in the FF group. You can do one post per haul, but it's not fair if I only receive 2 deliveries a year. (There's a $10 prize draw every month.)

View attachment 70616

View attachment 70617

View attachment 70618

View attachment 70619

View attachment 70620

View attachment 70621

I swatched about half of them yesterday and checked them to see which ones are thermal (annoyingly she never puts that on the labels) and I'm quite underwhelmed by a couple of them (Piglet and Merryweather). they're nice polishes, but don't really transition. Meh.
I like these! My fave is the flakie in the first pic, of course! Shame some of them aren't as reactive as you hoped though. Good luck for the draw!

Anitacska

Anne, so sorry I still don't have my list, this week has been weirdly busy, but at the same time I don't seem to be achieving much.

I was wondering though if you could let me have your Illyrians list as I have a bunch of screenshots saved on my computer and phone, but I have no idea which ones you have, so having a list would be easier than me asking about every individual polish. Thanks.

On another note, I was offered the job I interviewed for last week. BUT I don't actually think I want to do it. It's a cover supervisor job in a newly built secondary school just a few minutues from my house, obviously the hours would be perfect and lots of holiday too, but I'm just not sure I want to work in a school. I'm boring and like working in an office, lol. The money would be very welcome (I can't for the life of me figure out how I'm overspending each month), while it's not that much, it would all be on top of what my ex is paying me, so I could finally pay off my debts and save money. BUT I don't know if I would enjoy it or if I'd be any good at it.

So I started looking for other (office based) jobs, that's taken up quite a lot of mine time this week. I guess I have a bit of time to figure out what I'm doing. Tbh I only applied on a whim and never even thought they'd call me in for an interview, let alone offer me the job!

PearlyQueen

Anne, so sorry I still don't have my list, this week has been weirdly busy, but at the same time I don't seem to be achieving much.

I was wondering though if you could let me have your Illyrians list as I have a bunch of screenshots saved on my computer and phone, but I have no idea which ones you have, so having a list would be easier than me asking about every individual polish. Thanks.

On another note, I was offered the job I interviewed for last week. BUT I don't actually think I want to do it. It's a cover supervisor job in a newly built secondary school just a few minutues from my house, obviously the hours would be perfect and lots of holiday too, but I'm just not sure I want to work in a school. I'm boring and like working in an office, lol. The money would be very welcome (I can't for the life of me figure out how I'm overspending each month), while it's not that much, it would all be on top of what my ex is paying me, so I could finally pay off my debts and save money. BUT I don't know if I would enjoy it or if I'd be any good at it.

So I started looking for other (office based) jobs, that's taken up quite a lot of mine time this week. I guess I have a bit of time to figure out what I'm doing. Tbh I only applied on a whim and never even thought they'd call me in for an interview, let alone offer me the job!
I'm in no rush, honestly - whenever you're ready is fine!
Yay for being offered the job! It's great for your confidence when that happens.
You should maybe think about taking it and seeing how it goes, nothing to stop you carrying on looking while earning some money, and it would be some recent experience for other applications. Obviously up to you, but just my thoughts.

Illyrians is a long list! Some of these are decants, I don't have a note of which, but it will be ones you own already if they are!
Aeromancy
Agua Azul
Alfheim
All One Mind
Altar de Muertos
Amnesia
Amulet
Ancient Ruin
Anemone
Arctic Sun
Asgard
Astroboy
Astroworld
Aw Shift!
Beep Boop
Beetle
Betelgeuse
Bettie Page
BF1
Black Dahlia
Black Magic
Black Mamba
Blackberry
Blood Moon
Blood Red Opal
Blossom
Blue Dream
Blueberry
Blush
Bonbon
Bubblegum topper
Butterflies
Candy Floss
Candy Land
Caterpillar
Charybdis
Chiquita
Chronic
Cloudburst
Cocoon
Compel
Crushed
Crypt
Cuckoo
Dark Kiss
Dark Palace
Daydreamer
Deep Sea
Dragonfly
Dragonfruit
Dragon's Breath
Dragons Tail
Dream Queen
Dream Star
Dynamite With A Laserbeam (topper for black)
Earth Air Fire Water
Eight
El Jefe
Elevation
Eleven
Elixir
Embers
Enchant
Endless Stream
Enigma (August COTM)
Estrella
Exoplanet