Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Sorry, my brain was melting - too many variables! And it doesn't work at its best in the cold! Thanks for bearing with me...
Sure, proper swap is fine!
I am not thinking about this any more, order is in and I have three months to finalise it.
They do offer free shipping at 200 euros, but that doesn't include PPU so if something else comes in I might make the threshold by the time I ship. Meanwhile... whatever!

Anitacska

I've sent you the £11.81
Sorry, my brain was melting - too many variables! And it doesn't work at its best in the cold! Thanks for bearing with me...
Sure, proper swap is fine!
I am not thinking about this any more, order is in and I have three months to finalise it.
They do offer free shipping at 200 euros, but that doesn't include PPU so if something else comes in I might make the threshold by the time I ship. Meanwhile... whatever!
No worries. I've sent you the money, thanks for doing this. I don't know why she didn't include this collection in the BF sale, weird.

I've now finally unpacked my Stackry box, happy with everything, now need to find somewhere to put them! My drawers are getting seriously full.

Anitacska

I've placed my Glam Polish order, but only got 3 in the end. Didn't get the princess holos after all. I have enough holos.

I'm really tired, it's been a long and stressful week. Looking forward to a lie in. 😴

On the upside, Europe have announced a new UK tour for October (40th anniversary!) and one of my best friends is coming over from Hungary, so we can go to the concert together. She'll be staying with me for 3 nights. We're going to 2 concerts on subsequent nights at the London Palladium. Just got the tickets this morning! :cowdance::catdance::dogdance::yay:

PearlyQueen

I've placed my Glam Polish order, but only got 3 in the end. Didn't get the princess holos after all. I have enough holos.

I'm really tired, it's been a long and stressful week. Looking forward to a lie in. 😴

On the upside, Europe have announced a new UK tour for October (40th anniversary!) and one of my best friends is coming over from Hungary, so we can go to the concert together. She'll be staying with me for 3 nights. We're going to 2 concerts on subsequent nights at the London Palladium. Just got the tickets this morning! :cowdance::catdance::dogdance::yay:
Cool, I too have enough holos!
And yay for your tickets coming through - enjoy!
I like FTLOP but I'm not starting a Stackry for it.
Did you get any BKLs?

Anitacska

Cool, I too have enough holos!
And yay for your tickets coming through - enjoy!
I like FTLOP but I'm not starting a Stackry for it.
Did you get any BKLs?

No, I don't really buy from BKL other than PPU/HHC. Did you?

I too like the FTLOP box a lot and actually considering starting a Stackry box. Then I can send 2 lots of PPUs there too, and HHC. It won't be cheap, but for a change I have money. 😁

PearlyQueen

No, I don't really buy from BKL other than PPU/HHC. Did you?

I too like the FTLOP box a lot and actually considering starting a Stackry box. Then I can send 2 lots of PPUs there too, and HHC. It won't be cheap, but for a change I have money. 😁
I picked up a couple! I don't know why - fell for the hype I guess... Got two reds and the anniversary polish.

PearlyQueen

I've been getting confused with PPU - I picked out the Lumen when I saw it live swatched, then saw the Night Owl and loved it - but they are very similar! I want both, but not sure if they're too much alike. I've been watching the Cosmetic Sanctuary video side by side and I'm still not sure (one claims to have a red base and the other has a purple base, and the shimmer is similar but I think one is brighter...). I am also not sure but tempted by Great Lakes. And the PfD is really pretty - but maybe a bit pale for me??? Feeling very indecisive! There's lots of things I haven't seen yet as well, I hope things will be clearer later when the wishlisting opens!

Anitacska

I've looked at PPU and put everything I like on my wishlist. I currently have 11 polishes on it, but I won't be buying all of them. Will probably cut it down to 7 or 8.

PearlyQueen

I've looked at PPU and put everything I like on my wishlist. I currently have 11 polishes on it, but I won't be buying all of them. Will probably cut it down to 7 or 8.
Well I started with 8 last night, today I dumped PfD, GLL, DRK and Grace-full (too pale, too grey, prefer unmagnetised and expensive, not unique). I still have both NOL and Lumen on there, with Nailed It (which I thought I wouldn't like!) and Vanessa Molina. Still thinking though!

Anitacska

Well I started with 8 last night, today I dumped PfD, GLL, DRK and Grace-full (too pale, too grey, prefer unmagnetised and expensive, not unique). I still have both NOL and Lumen on there, with Nailed It (which I thought I wouldn't like!) and Vanessa Molina. Still thinking though!
I mostly like the Alchemy, EdM, Fair Maiden, Lemming, Sassy Sauce and Garden Path. My maybes are Dreamland, Nailed It, Wildflower, PfD and BKL. I probably won't get those, they're not that unique.

PearlyQueen

I mostly like the Alchemy, EdM, Fair Maiden, Lemming, Sassy Sauce and Garden Path. My maybes are Dreamland, Nailed It, Wildflower, PfD and BKL. I probably won't get those, they're not that unique.
I liked the Alchemy, Dreamland, Lemming and Wildflower too, but felt much the same about those ones so they never made it onto the long list!
Could I ask your opinion about the two similar ones in my cart? I keep going back and forth about whether I'm imagining they are a bit different from each other!

Anitacska

I liked the Alchemy, Dreamland, Lemming and Wildflower too, but felt much the same about those ones so they never made it onto the long list!
Could I ask your opinion about the two similar ones in my cart? I keep going back and forth about whether I'm imagining they are a bit different from each other!
Yeah, they are very similar, I agree. I prefer the NOL, I think its shift is better. Also the Lumen seems to have bigger particles which I don't really like.

PearlyQueen

Yeah, they are very similar, I agree. I prefer the NOL, I think its shift is better. Also the Lumen seems to have bigger particles which I don't really like.
I actually think I prefer the Lumen, but I will probably get one, not two so thanks for input!
PPU arrived today! One item was wrong but it's one of mine, I've emailed them but won't affect your onward delivery. I've decanted and packed and arranged collection for tomorrow.
I saw your two boxed polishes (the other two are too well wrapped to see without unpacking them!) and I'm kind of jealous, they are both beautiful.
And the shared ones are lovely too!

Anitacska

I actually think I prefer the Lumen, but I will probably get one, not two so thanks for input!
PPU arrived today! One item was wrong but it's one of mine, I've emailed them but won't affect your onward delivery. I've decanted and packed and arranged collection for tomorrow.
I saw your two boxed polishes (the other two are too well wrapped to see without unpacking them!) and I'm kind of jealous, they are both beautiful.
And the shared ones are lovely too!
That was quick! Looking forward to receiving them. Hopefully they'll sort out your wrong item. What did you not get?

I'm going to just buy those 6 I like the most. The others are pretty, but either look like something else I already have or just not that special. Also I need to try and save a bit more than what I'm saving at the moment (says she, opening a new Stackry box).

I've looked at this month's HHC and I don't think I'll get anything, so that's good.

PearlyQueen

That was quick! Looking forward to receiving them. Hopefully they'll sort out your wrong item. What did you not get?

I'm going to just buy those 6 I like the most. The others are pretty, but either look like something else I already have or just not that special. Also I need to try and save a bit more than what I'm saving at the moment (says she, opening a new Stackry box).

I've looked at this month's HHC and I don't think I'll get anything, so that's good.
I got Danglefoot instead of Ard As Nails. Still waiting for an email back from them.
As you're doing Stackry I guess you don't want PPU added to my Nailland order? Are you getting FTLOP then?
I'm underwhelmed by HHC - keep looking at Phoenix duo but not sure. May get GLL - but they're the only ones I like so far.

Anitacska

I got Danglefoot instead of Ard As Nails. Still waiting for an email back from them.
As you're doing Stackry I guess you don't want PPU added to my Nailland order? Are you getting FTLOP then?
I'm underwhelmed by HHC - keep looking at Phoenix duo but not sure. May get GLL - but they're the only ones I like so far.
Yes, I'm going to send it to Stackry and yes, I'll get the FTLOP box too. I wouldn't start a box just for PPU, but I figured I might as well send them there since the shipping will be pretty pricey anyway.

PearlyQueen

Well I got my PPU order and I was less than impressed with the cost - I did get the free shipping, but my $48 order (I added a base coat I've been wanting to try) still got a further $13.30 in taxes added to it, plus the 6 Euros to Nailland for their shipping. That's a lot. So this is not a good option after all, which is disappointing. Not sure if I'll carry out my plan of getting two more PPUs sent to Nailland, I'll need to think about it. They don't count towards the free shipping either, so I'll either have to buy more Nailland polishes or pay 20 Euros for shipping once I consolidate. Grrr. I think you might have been right to start a new Stackry for this.

Anitacska

Well I got my PPU order and I was less than impressed with the cost - I did get the free shipping, but my $48 order (I added a base coat I've been wanting to try) still got a further $13.30 in taxes added to it, plus the 6 Euros to Nailland for their shipping. That's a lot. So this is not a good option after all, which is disappointing. Not sure if I'll carry out my plan of getting two more PPUs sent to Nailland, I'll need to think about it. They don't count towards the free shipping either, so I'll either have to buy more Nailland polishes or pay 20 Euros for shipping once I consolidate. Grrr. I think you might have been right to start a new Stackry for this.
Oh sorry that's not a good option either. How much is the free shipping threshold from Nailland?

I received my polishes this morning, they look lovely, thank you!

Latest posts