Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Divine Light is really pretty!
Weird you started getting emails again!
I have no idea about PPU, it's a bit risky for Stackry timing, expensive any other way. I'll figure it out when I've seen if there's anything I absolutely must have.
I also like a few of the Glams but agree they're not unique. I don't plan to buy them unless they come up in a good sale (eg Black Friday!).
I'm tempted by a couple of the new Kathleen & Co's, might add them to my Nailland pending stuff. By the way, I checked out the first bundle from them inc your PfD but it does include some pre-order stuff, so won't ship for a little while yet. I twigged that my massive reserved order would qualify for free shipping, but would be over the weight limit, which they then charge you for... So I checked out the right amount to get free shipping and no weight surcharge, which means I have a load more pending at the moment. I'm really hoping these don't end up with customs to pay...
Nailland sounds very complicated. I don't think I'll be bothering with them for PPU. I'll either order direct or to Stackry (but not this time). Or not at all. We'll see.

PearlyQueen

Nailland sounds very complicated. I don't think I'll be bothering with them for PPU. I'll either order direct or to Stackry (but not this time). Or not at all. We'll see.
Hey Anita, I suspect I'm making it sound more complicated than it is! Essentially, you qualify for free shipping at 200Euros. This does not include PPU polishes if you send them there. I don't know if it includes the 1.5Euro PPU handling fees, but I think it might do. They will hold for up to 6 months, which is amazing. I had thought to just keep chucking stuff in there for 6 months then check out an enormous package, but it appears that there is a surcharge from the shipping company for any orders over 2kg, which they expect you to pay. They estimate this as 25 polishes. You also need to place a new order in order to combine any on hold stuff!

Anitacska

Turns out my March PPU was shipped on Saturday and both that and the PfD order arrived at Stackry today. I haven't got around to consolidating yet, today's been hectic and stressful, and we just found out that my youngest has Covid, so we all got tested just now. Luckily (touch wood) nobody else has it. He's okay, just a bit under the weather. We only tested him because a friend of his has it.

PearlyQueen

Turns out my March PPU was shipped on Saturday and both that and the PfD order arrived at Stackry today. I haven't got around to consolidating yet, today's been hectic and stressful, and we just found out that my youngest has Covid, so we all got tested just now. Luckily (touch wood) nobody else has it. He's okay, just a bit under the weather. We only tested him because a friend of his has it.
Yes, my PfD and PPU turned up at Stackry today too.
Oh no, you've avoided it for so long :( I hope everyone is OK xxx

Anitacska

Yes, my PfD and PPU turned up at Stackry today too.
Oh no, you've avoided it for so long :( I hope everyone is OK xxx
Thank you. So far my middle one and I still haven't had it (as far as we know). My eldest had it last year and my ex has had it twice now. Fingers crossed none of us catches it from my youngest.

Anitacska

My Stackry delivery turned up today, it was scheduled for Monday, so it was super fast! I like the look of all the polishes I got, but haven't had the chance to take pictures, been busy with work. I also ordered a few cheap fragrances and happy with those too.

Anitacska

Well, I've caught Covid! Luckily I don't feel too unwell, it's mostly just a cold and cough. Hopefully it won't get any worse. My youngest isn't well yet either, but getting there. I was able to work from home all week, just as well anyway as I was already feeling under the weather on Friday (but still tested negative on Thursday evening). Oh well.

At least I was at home to receive my Stackry delivery! I've even taken pictures now:

img_20230401_151014994.jpg

I really like the PfDs, they're so pretty. Also the Garden Path is very cool and unusual.

I don't know if I ever posted pictures of my FF group buy order (probably not), so here it is:

IMG_20230304_151431983.jpg

Also a few pictures of Nailed It Divine Light. Not too great, because it was dark already when I took them.

IMG_20230323_203015908.jpg

IMG_20230323_203054115.jpg

IMG_20230323_203137679.jpg

So I'm thinking I might not order from PPU. I feel like right now I'm just buying polishes for the sake of buying. I just received 25 new polishes, but I've only worn 8 this month. At least before I used to wear a lot more than I bought. I'm also running out of space now.

Didn't order from Glam either in the end. Nothing felt like a must have.

PearlyQueen

Well, I've caught Covid! Luckily I don't feel too unwell, it's mostly just a cold and cough. Hopefully it won't get any worse. My youngest isn't well yet either, but getting there. I was able to work from home all week, just as well anyway as I was already feeling under the weather on Friday (but still tested negative on Thursday evening). Oh well.

At least I was at home to receive my Stackry delivery! I've even taken pictures now:

View attachment 71020

I really like the PfDs, they're so pretty. Also the Garden Path is very cool and unusual.

I don't know if I ever posted pictures of my FF group buy order (probably not), so here it is:

View attachment 71021

Also a few pictures of Nailed It Divine Light. Not too great, because it was dark already when I took them.

View attachment 71022

View attachment 71023

View attachment 71024

So I'm thinking I might not order from PPU. I feel like right now I'm just buying polishes for the sake of buying. I just received 25 new polishes, but I've only worn 8 this month. At least before I used to wear a lot more than I bought. I'm also running out of space now.

Didn't order from Glam either in the end. Nothing felt like a must have.
Oh no, so sorry you have Covid, I hope you continue to feel not too bad xxx
Divine Light is really beautiful, thank you for posting pics!
I love both of your deliveries (for some reason I am very drawn to those FFs, even though I never buy them these days!).
Your Stackry box is really cute too, I like the PfDs and love the look of that GLL - which one is it, I'm hoping it's something I've bought! The FTLOP Dreamland looks beautiful too.
I have no desire for this month's FTLOP (only like the PfD) but I have fairly large wishlists for both HHC and PPU. I think I will send PPU to Stackry, the storage fees will be cheaper than any other way of getting them I suspect, and will do HHC through the group buy so it doesn't get so late it starts a new box. All of the HHCs are overpour again, so it might be much smaller than it looks, or nothing at all if last month is any indicator.
Hypnotic have announced they're not doing order holds any more so I'm not sure if it will be worth continuing to get my Wildflowers there, it was already a bit iffy with WF going down to bi-monthly releases and them also stopping selling Nailed It. Might go back to Harlow in future, I'll do a price comparison next time.

Anitacska

Oh no, so sorry you have Covid, I hope you continue to feel not too bad xxx
Divine Light is really beautiful, thank you for posting pics!
I love both of your deliveries (for some reason I am very drawn to those FFs, even though I never buy them these days!).
Your Stackry box is really cute too, I like the PfDs and love the look of that GLL - which one is it, I'm hoping it's something I've bought! The FTLOP Dreamland looks beautiful too.
I have no desire for this month's FTLOP (only like the PfD) but I have fairly large wishlists for both HHC and PPU. I think I will send PPU to Stackry, the storage fees will be cheaper than any other way of getting them I suspect, and will do HHC through the group buy so it doesn't get so late it starts a new box. All of the HHCs are overpour again, so it might be much smaller than it looks, or nothing at all if last month is any indicator.
Hypnotic have announced they're not doing order holds any more so I'm not sure if it will be worth continuing to get my Wildflowers there, it was already a bit iffy with WF going down to bi-monthly releases and them also stopping selling Nailed It. Might go back to Harlow in future, I'll do a price comparison next time.
Thanks. I'm feeling quite bleugh today, my head is very fuzzy and congested. Luckily I don't seem to be coughing much, so that's good. I have to work as my colleague is on holiday and it's month end reporting time, but at least I'm at home. I actually got a lot done today despite not feeling great. My youngest is back to normal now luckily.

The GLL is called Come Again, it's from the March PPU. Yeah, I also really like the Dreamland.

Ha, well I've had a proper look at PPU and maybe I will order after all. Ugh, don't know, it's so expensive. I don't think I want anything from HHC though, and I also don't want the FTLOP box.

PearlyQueen

Thanks. I'm feeling quite bleugh today, my head is very fuzzy and congested. Luckily I don't seem to be coughing much, so that's good. I have to work as my colleague is on holiday and it's month end reporting time, but at least I'm at home. I actually got a lot done today despite not feeling great. My youngest is back to normal now luckily.

The GLL is called Come Again, it's from the March PPU. Yeah, I also really like the Dreamland.

Ha, well I've had a proper look at PPU and maybe I will order after all. Ugh, don't know, it's so expensive. I don't think I want anything from HHC though, and I also don't want the FTLOP box.
Oh sorry to hear it's catching up with you - and you have to work too :(
At least your youngest feels better x
I did buy the GLL, so yay, it looks lovely!
I do miss UK PPU :(
I think all these makers and shops are trying to make me give up shopping for polish by making the shipping ridiculous. Maybe it's for the best! But it doesn't feel like it.

Anitacska

Hi Anne, if you're sending your PPU order to Stackry, would you mind adding a few for me please? I think I would like 4. Of course I will pay for my share of shipping and fees. Please let me know if that's okay. Thanks.

Anitacska

No problem, which ones?
Thank you! I'll let you know for sure on Thursday, but for now I'm thinking PfD, KBShimmer, Garden Path and Penelope Luz (or Nailed It, I'm not sure yet). Let me know how you want to do the payment, I can send you the money in advance or after you've ordered. Thanks again!

PearlyQueen

Hi Anne, could I get the 4 I mentioned above (not the Nailed It). Let me know how you want to do the payment. Thanks.
Hi Anita, sure thing. You picked two the same as me that I'd been undecided about so I'll put them on the swaplist instead - that gives us four each, with not much price difference so you can pay half once I have the Paypal receipt. We can sort out UK onward shipping once I have them if that works for you?

Anitacska

Hi Anita, sure thing. You picked two the same as me that I'd been undecided about so I'll put them on the swaplist instead - that gives us four each, with not much price difference so you can pay half once I have the Paypal receipt. We can sort out UK onward shipping once I have them if that works for you?
Okay, great. Which ones do you like? Let me guess, PfD and KBShimmer? Also which ones are you ordering? Thanks again, let me know how much I owe you.

PearlyQueen

Okay, great. Which ones do you like? Let me guess, PfD and KBShimmer? Also which ones are you ordering? Thanks again, let me know how much I owe you.
Haha, it's like you're in my head! My list is now Wildflower, Vanessa Molina, Patty Lopes and Whatcha. I was very on the fence about the KBS as I've bought a couple of shimmery pinks with holo flakies from them recently and culled another one from my last order. The PfD I loved at first sight but a decant would be enough for me really. The Nailed It has been tempting me too, but again I have a load of pink flakies from them and it's not a colour I wear a lot. I've been wondering if I should dump the WF as well, because of the number of purple flakies I already own, but I think I will be keeping it as I do love their polishes.

Anitacska

Haha, it's like you're in my head! My list is now Wildflower, Vanessa Molina, Patty Lopes and Whatcha. I was very on the fence about the KBS as I've bought a couple of shimmery pinks with holo flakies from them recently and culled another one from my last order. The PfD I loved at first sight but a decant would be enough for me really. The Nailed It has been tempting me too, but again I have a load of pink flakies from them and it's not a colour I wear a lot. I've been wondering if I should dump the WF as well, because of the number of purple flakies I already own, but I think I will be keeping it as I do love their polishes.
I was thinking about the Wildflower too, but in some pictures the flakies looked a bit odd - not sure how to describe it. I decided against it in the end.

Latest posts