Nail question/poll

RoseyPosey

For those of you who get your nails done regularly or on a semi-regualr basis,

do you still get them done with the way the economy is/trying to save now/etc?

boba

I get acrylics 2x a year on average. But most of the time i do my own nail art.

GlitterGeet

I cut out other spending to get my nails done and I get them done every 3 to 4 weeks bc they stay fresh and strong till then and my nail tech does an amazing job so it doesn't look bad when they grow out.

Plus her prices dropped as well so she can keep her regulars.

laurenlovesmac

No!.. I realized its an unnesscesary expense, and its a pain to get them done every 2weeks.. arcylrics really make my nails brittle. I also noticed ive become more creative by doing my own nail designs * yay 4 me * lol

Shadowy Lady

I always did my own nails and still do. I change my nail polish daily...longer than that I'd be bored with the colour so there's no point getting it done at the salon

NatalieMT

Yes I still get my gel overlays done on a regular basis e.g. backfills every 3/4 weeks then a soak off and overlay after every 3 backfills or so. Depends how they're looking! I love my gels though I couldn't imagine not having them, saves me so much time not having to constantly paint my nails etc and I love the way french tips look in general.

couturesista

I still keep my regular appts. The economy has not affected my wallet, thank god, but I do put more into my savings acct. than before, you never know.

User35

I agree with what NatalieMT said. I only have 2 bother with doing anything with my nails every 2 and a half weeks or so. I beat up my hands, for me acrylics are tuff and ive never broken one. I think having gross nails wreck my whole aura lol. Attention to detail is really important to me and at work I think it looks more professional to have short, neat, pretty nails. Plus its feminine, I take any chance I can to be a girl at work.

blazeno.8

I've always done my own nails, bad economy or not. I just feel you can rarely go wrong that way. And if you do go wrong, you can always take it off and fix it free of charge.

LMD84

i have always done my own nails. they're not particularly long (i'd break them at work if they were) but i usually do a french mani on them during the week, and at weekends i do a nice bright colour when i'm not at work.

i did have gel nails once and when they were taken off they'd wrecked my natural nail and they took ages to get strong again.

Latest posts